Where to buy replacement keyboard and battery for HP Pavillion Laptop 3 years old?

Troy Tempest

1 hour ago, Troy Tempest said:

Thanks K....Yep!...I already decided to get a new one and when/if I ever get the HP fixed that can be the Emergency GOTO! :thumbsup:

Same thing happened to my HP Pavilion laptop, same spec as yours.  It was 4 years old, bought in the UK.  Tech guy told me that its a known problem here on some laptops,  as the humidity gets to them and screws up the keyboard.  His advice to me was that it would cost in excess of 6,000 Baht to fix it and unless I really need that laptop, scrap it and buy new, which I have done. I will however, like you, get it fixed at some point. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Same thing happened to my HP Pavilion laptop, same spec as yours.  It was 4 years old, bought in the UK.  Tech guy told me that its a known problem here on some laptops,  as the humidity gets to them and screws up the keyboard.  His advice to me was that it would cost in excess of 6,000 Baht to fix it and unless I really need that laptop, scrap it and buy new, which I have done. I will however, like you, get it fixed at some point. 

Yes DT.....It p!sses me off that I potentially have to right off a laptop so soon for a keyboard which you can probably get somewhere for 20 quid and a battery about the same!

I already doubled the Ram and SSD!

Hey Ho! 

100+ Free Emoji Stickers for WhatsApp, Messenger and Twitter – WebNots

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Yes DT.....It p!sses me off that I potentially have to right off a laptop so soon for a keyboard which you can probably get somewhere for 20 quid and a battery about the same!

I already doubled the Ram and SSD!

Hey Ho! 

100+ Free Emoji Stickers for WhatsApp, Messenger and Twitter – WebNots

Me too,  But how stupid am I, as I  bought another HP. but this time I didn't spend as much on it and I don't expect it to last ,  I have lowered my expectations.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Me too,  But how stupid am I, as I  bought another HP. but this time I didn't spend as much on it and I don't expect it to last ,  I have lowered my expectations.  

I will never buy HP again......Only just over 3 years old and struggling to get parts or anyone to fix.

I have heard that for everyday use Asus and Acer offer good value so looking now!

If you want PM me and I will keep you updated about the Pavillion and next laptop.

I have seen "Mini PC's", but not my style as I travel a lot!...You never know what sort of TV you can plug into in any given hotel!....Unless it's a Ladyboy in Nana Hotel???? :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Troy Tempest said:

Thanks Mike!

No there isn't one here but I will give them a call. :thumbsup:

HP Authorised Service Center - Suratthani 

20/57 Rat Bamrung Road.,, Tambol Thalad, Amphur Muang, Surat Thani, 84000

Tel - (077) 222 583

Nearest to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, blackshadow said:

big shop in pattaya...

it actually is called TUTKOM

4 hours ago, blackshadow said:

because it is spelt tutkom

It's actually called/spelt Tukcom 

OP, if you are going to travel then Fortune Town in Bangkok is a much better place to get replacement parts, as somebody as already posted Tukcom (Pattaya) is a shadow of it's former self & mainly mobile phone/accessories nowadays. 

Which new laptop did you decide to go with?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

OP, if you are going to travel then Fortune Town in Bangkok is a much better place to get replacement parts, as somebody as already posted Tukcom (Pattaya) is a shadow of it's former self & mainly mobile phone/accessories nowadays. 

theres always a clever ***tard is there not

• Confused 1

In Bangkok there are plenty of places to get a computer. I tend to use Zeer Rangsit which is pretty much dedicated to electronics.

I would suggest you remove the SSD if that is what you already have in the existing PC and use it in another computer.

The keyboard whilst awkward can be cleaned which is the most likely issue you have with it. The battery is not a problem you can get them at many places. I usually buy my replacement batteries at Zeer Rangsit but as an alternative why not buy a UPS and use that?

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 3:21 PM, DrJoy said:

HP Authorised Service Center - Suratthani 

20/57 Rat Bamrung Road.,, Tambol Thalad, Amphur Muang, Surat Thani, 84000

Tel - (077) 222 583

Nearest to you.

Many thanks DJ

On 4/8/2022 at 5:42 PM, Mike Teavee said:

I went for a Dell Inspiron in the end.

26,490.00 THB reduced from 40K from Powerbuy

Waiting for delivery, but will probably not arrive until after Songkran.

Decent spec so fingers crossed!

Package Detail
Platinum Silver Notebook INSPIRON 3511 15.6'' W56625304BTHW10-3511-PS-W

Quantity: 1

Price: ฿26,490.00

Delivery method: Standard MKP

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Package Detail

Wasn't reduced from anything. That's the normal price for the 3000 series.

For example, you could have purchased one with an 400 NIT or 600 NIT OLED screen for much the same: https://www.asus.com/th/Laptops/For-Home/All-series/filter?Category=OLED-display&Spec=13

https://www.asus.com/th/Laptops/For-Home/Vivobook/Vivobook-15-OLED-D513-AMD-Ryzen-5000-series/

https://www.asus.com/th/Laptops/For-Home/Vivobook/Vivobook-Pro-15-OLED-K3500-11th-Gen-Intel/

Though DELL have a better warranty; though perhaps a 250 NIT screen with relatively poor colour reproduction.

Have similar HP Pavilion i5, 16GB, 128SSD + 1TB. Did notice laptop was getting very warm / hot when used, so bought a pack of rubbers / erasers and positioned under the laptop to increase airflow. Certainly noticed a difference in laptop base temperature. Also I use a USB wireless mouse/keyboard so not flexing the laptop when aggressively typing. Have now  changed from a wooden desk to using a glass table, so even better cooling properties. 

Hope this helps.

In terms of HP, always bought Compaq, so when bought by HP in 2002 switched to HP ever since. Never had any serious issues, only replaced when Windows O/S forced an upgrade. Still have an old XP laptop for playing the odd DOS game. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Wasn't reduced from anything. That's the normal price for the 3000 series.

For example, you could have purchased one with an 400 NIT or 600 NIT OLED screen for much the same: https://www.asus.com/th/Laptops/For-Home/All-series/filter?Category=OLED-display&Spec=13

https://www.asus.com/th/Laptops/For-Home/Vivobook/Vivobook-15-OLED-D513-AMD-Ryzen-5000-series/

https://www.asus.com/th/Laptops/For-Home/Vivobook/Vivobook-Pro-15-OLED-K3500-11th-Gen-Intel/

Though DELL have a better warranty; though perhaps a 250 NIT screen with relatively poor colour reproduction.

Well as I use my Samsung TV as a monitor I don't really care about the colour/screen quality of the laptop itself!

It has 8Gb Ram which I will upgrade to 16Gb.....More than enough for me!

5 hours ago, Troy Tempest said:

Well as I use my Samsung TV as a monitor I don't really care about the colour/screen quality of the laptop itself!

It has 8Gb Ram which I will upgrade to 16Gb.....More than enough for me!

It's fine. Just pointing out that it is a pretend discount and that's the normal price.

Why buy a laptop if you are not going to use the screen?? ???? 

6 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

It's fine. Just pointing out that it is a pretend discount and that's the normal price.

Why buy a laptop if you are not going to use the screen?? ???? 

As regards the "Discounted Price" that's what was posted on Powerbuy's website!....I know it is almost certainly marketing BS, but who cares if the price is right?

I need a laptop for business as I travel a lot and always carry an HDMI cable with me so that I can plug in to the hotel TV if I want.

Why watch TV or a movie on a laptop screen when you don't have to? :thumbsup:

• Like 1

@Troy Tempest: Just seen your post. If you travel to Pattaya after Songkran, you might want to check out these two places, which I both used to fix HP laptop issues (new battery, replace HDD with SSD):

- Wattana Systemation on Pattaya Klang (opposite Foodland), they will order parts for you (i.e. an original HP battery for my laptop), but you might have to wait few weeks. Might give you a second excuse for travel

- JIB Computer in Tukcom Pattaya might not have original parts, but they DO offer very good service, I used them many times, last time to change an HDD to SSD, was waiting 2 hours downstairs in Starbucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 4:38 AM, Digitalbanana said:

I got my last spare keyboard replacement for an HP Pavilion on Aliexpress.

I've got a few things ordered currently from aliexpress waiting for shipment. Looks like China is pretty much locked down. Nothing is getting shipped...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

@Troy Tempest: Just seen your post. If you travel to Pattaya after Songkran, you might want to check out these two places, which I both used to fix HP laptop issues (new battery, replace HDD with SSD):

- Wattana Systemation on Pattaya Klang (opposite Foodland), they will order parts for you (i.e. an original HP battery for my laptop), but you might have to wait few weeks. Might give you a second excuse for travel

- JIB Computer in Tukcom Pattaya might not have original parts, but they DO offer very good service, I used them many times, last time to change an HDD to SSD, was waiting 2 hours downstairs in Starbucks.

Great info Thanks.

I could do with another trip to Patts....Not been for 4-5 years. :thumbsup:

I am trying to deal with an HP service Centre in Surat Thani, but they don't speak English and it is like pulling your own teeth out!

They are closed for Songkran until Monday so I'll see what happens then! 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:58 PM, Troy Tempest said:

Thanks Frits!....Unfortunately I am on Samui and there are few reliable repair shops here! The lady I normally use was having trouble finding genuine parts also, but she has Covid now so looking for alternatives. 

I have looked on Lazada, but the parts offered are all from "Overseas" (Normally means China for computer stuff) and they are "compatibles" not genuine HP components!....Wouldn't waste my time and money on them! :jap:

My niece was in exactly the same situation with an Asus a couple of years ago.

I got her a battery from Lazada for 500 baht, still going strong. I gave her a wireless keyboard, also from Lazada, that I no longer used because the markings had worn off the keys, didn't bother her.

I have a 10 year old refurbished HP Elitebook 8570p that I bought off Ebay about 3 years ago for £180, does for me.

"Wasting time and money" is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

I've got a few things ordered currently from aliexpress waiting for shipment. Looks like China is pretty much locked down. Nothing is getting shipped...

I got a Lazada delivery from China a few days ago, came in a week, about one of the fastest I have had.

I had a problem, think about a year ago, turned out to be a supply problem in China, sellers were still advertising the product although it wasn't available. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 12:55 PM, RayWright said:

Have similar HP Pavilion i5, 16GB, 128SSD + 1TB. Did notice laptop was getting very warm / hot when used, so bought a pack of rubbers / erasers and positioned under the laptop to increase airflow. Certainly noticed a difference in laptop base temperature. Also I use a USB wireless mouse/keyboard so not flexing the laptop when aggressively typing. Have now  changed from a wooden desk to using a glass table, so even better cooling properties. 

Hope this helps.

In terms of HP, always bought Compaq, so when bought by HP in 2002 switched to HP ever since. Never had any serious issues, only replaced when Windows O/S forced an upgrade. Still have an old XP laptop for playing the odd DOS game. 

I had a similar problem with my old HP ZBook laptop, which I had bought second-hand in Vietnam a few years ago when I was living there:  It suddenly started getting VERY hot.  I first took it to a repair shop at Seacon Square, and they replaced some little foam pads inside of it - for 800 baht.  I'm pretty sure I paid the special farang price for that.  Unfortunately that didn't help much at all.  Then I bought an aluminum rack (originally meant to be a dish drying rack - from HomePro - which happened to be the perfect size) to elevate the laptop from my table, and that seems to have solved the problem.

The battery also just died, so I will follow the recommendations here - and try to find a replacement battery at Fortune Town.  Or maybe I'll just use it without a battery, as I only ever use that one at home.

Finally, my seven-year-old work laptop recently started acting up on me, so I bought a lovely Fujitsu laptop that weighs well under a kilo.  I had seen it at the Emporium for around 50,000 baht, and it was love at first sight.  (It is made in Japan, and I trust Japanese quality.  And it's just so unbelievably light - about half the weight of most laptops.)  The deal was sealed when I found it on Lazada for just under 40,000 baht during their recent anniversary sale, and I couldn't be more pleased with it:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i3273787395-s12164887105.html

On 4/11/2022 at 8:56 AM, Troy Tempest said:

Package Detail

Good choice if you dont mind me saying so. I have had one for the last 4 years, it gets a lot of use and so far never had a problem with it

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bayslarry said:

Actually it depends where you live.

You can get it from the nearest store or purchase online from the official website of HP.

Or you can also get it from amazon. But make sure to read their warranty and returns and refund policies before purchasing.

Suggest OP look at Aliexpress. They've got quite a few HP keyboards, probably batteries as well. I bought a battery for my laptop there, very reasonable price.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Suggest OP look at Aliexpress. They've got quite a few HP keyboards, probably batteries as well. I bought a battery for my laptop there, very reasonable price.

Thanks Mate....I seemed to be making some progress with an approved HP service Center in Surat Thani, but they are closed for Songkran until Monday.

They actually quoted me for the parts, but said they would have to order from HP in BKK.......When I tried going direct to HP I got nowhere!

If I get no joy from them I will try Ali Express. Cheers! :thumbsup: