2nd booster?

1 hour ago, MasterBaker said:

no policy, i pay for mine, 5-6 month after 1st booster as USA FDA says. will do it at the end of May

What's the policy on mixing vaccines ? I've had AZ + AZ last year + a Pfizer booster in January. Is another Pfizer booster after 6 months OK, or should it be a different vaccine?

Edited by Guderian
  • Haha 2

Had my 2nd booster today at BHP 3 months after 1st booster. The girl said 4 months was the recommended gap between them and I then showed her an email from BHP Doctor saying 3 months was fine. She said fine but the hospital will not cover the insurance for the ''month'. Fine I have my own insurance. All done plus certificate in 1 hour . Now at home having   a beer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

What's the policy on mixing vaccines ? I've had AZ + AZ last year + a Pfizer booster in January. Is another Pfizer booster after 6 months OK, or should it be a different vaccine?

So, you already have experience 'mixing' vaccines? Never heard or read of people getting three different vaccines. If last time you felt okay, why not purchase a Moderna shot?

Edited by StayinThailand2much

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

So, you already have experience 'mixing' vaccines? Never heard or read of people getting three different vaccines. If last time you felt okay, why not purchase a Moderna shot?

I'm happy with Moderna or Pfizer, and I'm happy to buy a shot if need be, but as the Thai national programme has served me quite well so far I thought I might stick with it if possible.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure the boosters do work. They said that two shots didn't provide much protection against Omicron but a booster did. The GF had two doses of Sinopharm last year but then refused to get a booster for reasons unknown to me. About a month ago, she was staying here for the weekend so we were sleeping and eating together and in close proximity for the best part of two days. The moment she got home she collapsed into bed with a nasty fever. The next day, Monday, she went to work as usual and had the routine weekly ATK check and there were two clear red lines on it. Yep, she had Covid, the Thai medics came to visit her at home and as she wasn't very ill (the worst of the fever had passed) she was told to isolate at home for two weeks. I was fully expecting to come down with a dose of Covid myself and waited in trepidation for any sign of a fever (I've got more than a quarter of a century on the GF) but, happily, I remained symptom-free. I can only assume that the booster did its job, I can't think of any way that I wouldn't have been infected at some stage during the GF's visit. Good old boosters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If in Phuket you can use the Phuket.win site to make an appointment for a free Pfizer booster shot.  Select the yellow option at the bottom of the page:  

> >   Booster-dose vaccination appointments for foreigners   < <

If there is supply you will be allocated an appointment (or choice of appointments).  If not, check back, as new supply comes in on an irregular basis.

8 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I know a Thai girl that got AZ, then Pfizer and Moderna booster. It's definitely possible

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 7:06 PM, skatewash said:

If in Phuket you can use the Phuket.win site to make an appointment for a free Pfizer booster shot.  Select the yellow option at the bottom of the page:  

> >   Booster-dose vaccination appointments for foreigners   < <

If there is supply you will be allocated an appointment (or choice of appointments).  If not, check back, as new supply comes in on an irregular basis.

Hi 

I have tried to register on PMW but keep getting the message that I am not eligable - 2 Pfizer done last Sep / Oct with PMW.

Now more than six months since second jab but still cant register

????

56 minutes ago, MarkT63 said:

Hi 

I have tried to register on PMW but keep getting the message that I am not eligable - 2 Pfizer done last Sep / Oct with PMW.

Now more than six months since second jab but still cant register

????

Well, that's unfortunate.  It would seem you qualify.  Your Thailand National certificate or Mor Phrom app lists both Pfizer jabs?  If not, you may be able to get that fixed at the hospital/vaccination center where you were jabbed or maybe at the Phuket Provincial Health Office in Phuket Town.

The only other difference I can see is that you have had Pfizer --> Pfizer and I have had AstraZeneca --> AstraZeneca --> Moderna, although not sure why that would make a difference.

As a practical matter is still possible I believe to get a Pfizer bboster  if you attend the walk-in clinic at Patong Hospital on Wednesday mornings.  Not sure what time it starts but you want to be early as they only do 50 doses per day.

Edited by skatewash
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 9:07 PM, DrJoy said:

4 months since the 3rd dose. pfizer and moderna is available at Bang sue grand station free of cost to any nationality 

Do you know if these are available for a 3rd dose for walk in?  Regardless of what the 1st/2nd doses were?