Anutin's ganja odyssey: You can grow as many plants* for home use as you like - *conditions apply

webfact

Anybody know where my wife can apply in Samui for permission to have a couple of plants? And is there any guarantee that we will not be extorted for the usual 30-80k baht for possessing ganga/or attempts to possess from the local uniformed gangsters assuming the license to grow a few plants is not immediately issued?

Edited by SunnyinBangrak
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin - very visible recently as a bid for the premiership gains momentum - gave all the usual rhetoric about his role in removing the drug from the narcotics list and promoting it as a means of easing the financial hardship of the people.

He really does need to clarify this bit?

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

“To inspire himself, he lit up a marijuana cigarette, excellent Land-O-Smiles brand.”
― Philip K. Dick, The Man in the High Castle

Philip K. Dick-he really was a visionary.

The Man in the High Tower TV series was excellent also.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

But he said they should "jot jaeng" (inform) the authorities "so that Thailand would be complying with an international treaty."

A statement like this simply reinforces my perception that there really is no plan.

And I have no clue why there is a push on this. Yes, we all know about a campaign promise, but those are often ignored once in power. And even the graft/corruption angle seems marginal at best.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

But there is some fine print.

It has to be medical grade weed being used for medical purposes. It mustn't be for recreational purposes. 

Major disconnect here.

There are very few official diagnoses here in the thai health system, which call for the use of cannabinoids (CBD/THC) except in a few small segments as part of a palliative regimen. Maybe a few thousand patients tops.

I'm not sure if it's simply incompetence, or outright lunacy. Maybe we'll know more in June when the 120 ticker reaches zero?

2 hours ago, DLock said:

I know nothing about cannabis.

Beyond testing, how would you visibly know the difference between a .2% THC hemp plant and a normal 30% THC plant?

Just thinking out loud.

Smell is a good indicator. Yes, I know that there strong strains that don't smell but generally, the stronger the smell, the more chance it is of being potent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

Whatever you may think of him, this man has done more for cannabis legalization than any other Thai politician. Are there motives for him and his cronies to get rich?  Absolutely. Anything unusual about that? No. 

More like hemp legalization.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

“To inspire himself, he lit up a marijuana cigarette, excellent Land-O-Smiles brand.”
― Philip K. Dick, The Man in the High Castle

Philip K. Dick-he really was a visionary.

Back in those days LOS was producing truly choice quality stuff, like with the potential to be coma inducing.

And a note of gratitude to the Kiwi traveler who taught me how to roll 'em with  a cardboard mouthpiece.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Anutin's HEMP is worthless <deleted> at 0.2% THC.

Thats why I don't understand the hype and anyone getting excited.

Is there a difference in CBD oil content in .2% and 30% THC plants?

In other words, is .2% plants useful for anything more than making hemp bags and macrame wool?

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 8:01 AM, DLock said:

I know nothing about cannabis.

Beyond testing, how would you visibly know the difference between a .2% THC hemp plant and a normal 30% THC plant?

Just thinking out loud.

The smile on the growers face tells all..........????

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 11:53 AM, RandiRona said:

Lets grow only for medicinal purposes....like Falah tah jon!!

Isn't "medical grade" the highest potency?  Why would anyone grow "rope grade hemp" for medicinal use?  Keep in mind that any kind of smoke is harmful to human lungs.

• Thanks 2