People Invited to Foster Wild Animals

webfact

As much as I love and appreciate animals & nature, I think any extra funds available, if to go anywhere, should be directed to maybe the Khlong Toei slums, to provide a bit of relief for the folks there, from their daily hell.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK, April 11 (TNA) – The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation invites people to donate to its “Foster Parents” project to help the wild animals that were rescued and those which it keeps for breeding

????

This is a good initiative despite the bemoaning of some which will undoubtedly start on here.
As already pointed out, it's not actually "fostering".
It is rather "sponsoring" the upkeep and care of animals being rehabilitated or used for breeding. Similar projects in many countries around the world with good success.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, KhunLA said:

As much as I love and appreciate animals & nature, I think any extra funds available, if to go anywhere, should be directed to maybe the Khlong Toei slums, to provide a bit of relief for the folks there, from their daily hell.

I guess that with such a ridiculous opinion you also think that thailand should not spend any money to improve tourism.

5 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

I guess that with such a ridiculous opinion you also think that thailand should not spend any money to improve tourism.

That's a silly statement as tourism adds to the GDP/tax base/gov't budget, which funds social programs.

Spending money taking care of a disabled / hungry animal vs a disabled / hungry child ...

.... hmm, let me think which one I would prioritize with the little funding available.

Donate to improve the life of an animal or a child ?

Oh wait, I don't even have to think about that .... do you ???