Successful (60 days) Tourist Visa Obtained from the Thai Embassy Phnom Penh Cambodia. ( 11.04.2022 )

Guest traveller2022

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am just going by my own experiences and I was required to have a Thai bank account  , other people may had used a foreign bank account, I don't know, you would have to ask them .

I do agree with you though , it made no sense at all and people were getting refused Visas with no bank statements 

For a tourist visa, if you present bank statements from your home country... there is no reason whatsoever why the IO would also ask for statements from a Thai bank. Makes zero sense.

Unless you have a bunch of B visas in your passport.... But even then, if you already presented bank statements, makes zero sense of IO asking for Thai banks statements as well.

My guess is that you didn't have bank statements from you home country.

Edited by ThLT

2 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

How many times have you actually applied for a tourist visa in a neighbouring country? 

Multiple times. When I was a genuine tourist. Nice try, though.

Edited by ThLT

2 minutes ago, ThLT said:

For a tourist visa, if you present bank statements from your home country... there is no reason whatsoever why the IO would also ask for statements from a Thai bank. Makes zero sense.

It could be that they want to see a Thai bank account to see whether you have been receiving an income from within Thailand , like if you were working and receiving a Thai salary , they want to see whether you have been working illegally on a Tourist visa .

A foreign bank statement wouldn't show an income from working in Thailand 

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So, when applying for a tourist visa, did you present banks statements from you home country?

Then, you are saying the IO asked you to give bank statements from you Thai bank account as well (that he didn't know you had)?

Edited by ThLT

9 minutes ago, ThLT said:

So, when applying for a tourist visa, did you present banks statements from you home country?

Then, you are saying the IO asked you to give bank statements from you Thai bank account as well (that he didn't know you had)?

It was a few years ago and I cannot remember such trivial things exactly and I have applied for many visa over the years at various embassys  , but I took  Thai bank statement along with me , I went to a bank in Thailand and paid 100 Baht for a statement . 

Having a Thai bank account must have been a requirement , otherwise I wouldnt have bothered taking a statement along with me 

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was a few years ago and I cannot remember such trivial things exactly and I have applied for many visa over the years at various embassys  , but I took  Thai bank statement along with me , I went to a bank in Thailand and paid 100 Baht for a statement . 

So you only had Thai bank statements. Got it.

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Having a Thai bank account must have been a requirement , otherwise I wouldnt have bothered taking a statement along with me 

No, having Thai bank statements is not a requirement for a tourist visa. Having bank statements is a requirement.

Edited by ThLT

5 minutes ago, ThLT said:

So you only had Thai bank statements. Got it.

No, having Thai bank statements is not a requirement for a tourist visa. Having bank statements is a requirement.

I wish I would have known that at the time , then I wouldn't have bothered paying 100 Baht to get a Thai bank statement 

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Which years were they though ?

It must have been about 2018 when Savanakhet began asking for Thai Bank statements ; It was just after when Vientiane began restricting tourist visa to 2 or 3 visas per person 

My latest SETV issued in Savannakhet is from January 2019. They did ask for a bank statement. They did NOT specifically ask for a Thai bank statement, which would be a ludicrous thing to ask for, from a tourist.

Screenshot_20220412-135058_Gallery.jpg.132ca159a6ddd7fc5052b755632b267d.jpg

• Thanks 1