Tourism Authority and Airlines Launch Campaign to Attract Indian Travelers

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, Blaxland said:

In the last decade the Governments tourist focus has gone from Russian (that is working well! ),Chinese ( also going well,not ) and now Indian.Which is the next country/continent is next to come out of this thought bubble.

Nigeria....

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

(TAT) is seeking to attract more visitors from India through a new campaign

Here TAT goes again, trying to attract Indian tourists!

Quote (Wikipedia):-

"Round and round it goes" (a situation causes itself to repeat again and again)

• Like 1

Yeah I can see tourist business owners here rushing to re-open for these “ high-end” high rollers????

Importing all their food in suitcases, pre- paid group hotels & tours, nicking all the free water in hospitals & hotels, five sharing a Coke with straws, banned from bars & nightclubs, all other customers leaving hotels / bars / cafes / swim pools, etc when that stink arrives….

• Haha 1

Scheinese Trillionaires: locked up at home.
Indian Billionaires: not coming

Russian Mega Oil billionaires: stuck with Putinsky game.

Indian Trillionaires: probably coming. 

7/11 stocking up on "straws" and "deo"

Makro: just ordered 198,000kg of Naan bread

Massage parlours recruiting an extra 56,000 massage professionals.

All will be fine

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Blaxland said:

In the last decade the Governments tourist focus has gone from Russian (that is working well! ),Chinese ( also going well,not ) and now Indian.Which is the next country/continent is next to come out of this thought bubble.

They usually go for the highest population numbers, so expect next Indonesia, Pakistan, and Nigeria on TAT's list. (I bite my tongue as for Pakistan and Nigeria, but am sure that selling tropical beaches to Indonesian tourists will be a big success...)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Shows how desperate they are to find a country idiotic enough to go through all the steps and costs for the risk of not being held in quarantine so that you can maybe enjoy a couple weeks of not having any nightlife. They can search the world over and court all the countries before they realize maybe it's them that need to change lol. But by then will anyone remember Thailand?

India is a close by country with polluted cities, so why not promote, the Thailand beaches

to them. I have chatted with some families that actually live in the UK and they were

well dressed, decent people who liked travelling away from the gloomy Spring weather

of the UK to a tropical setting with beaches, sand and good food. Not all people who 

originated from India live there or are poor. Just like some people from you posters home countries.

• Thanks 1

Groups who are left off the "targeted" and "preferred" list end up feeling less welcome. I can still remember a time when everyone who visited Thailand was made to feel welcome, regardless of how fat their wallet was or where they came from. All this focus on who will spend the most has undermined the hospitable charm of the Thai people.

Because much of Thailand's tourism industry was built on the friendly nature of the Thai people, I think it will be slower to recover than other countries, once the pandemic morphs into endemic status. Covid has made inter-personal exchanges, whether they be conversational in nature, or more intimate affairs, more risky from a health standpoint. Sanitary masks hide the infamous Thai smile, and make it difficult to communicate, especially across a language barrier. Inflation, geopolitical tensions, and economic uncertainty seem to be growing by the day, which is further inhibiting interest in travel. Don't even get me started on the environmental unsustainability of mass tourism.

TAT needs to come to gripes with these realities, and the government needs to develop plans to replace tourism as a cornerstone of the Thai economy.

8 hours ago, dunroaming said:

My wife's best friend in Thailand is a wedding planner.  She has just opened a branch in Phuket to deal with the growing demand there.  More than 50% of the demand is from Indians coming to Thailand to get married. The wedding parties usually consist of between fifty and five hundred. and go on for up to four days.  A vast money earner for the planners and the hotels they use to put up the guests.

There are plenty of quality tourists from India these days and they are not all heading for Pattaya and cheap booze and girls there.

That is why these threads continue delight us with the comments from the stained Chang vest geezers nothing  to offer but their ignorance and tedious racist jokes.

What is the obsession with attracting Indian tourists? 

Surely this isn't based on someone in TAT looking the population of different countries around the world and thinking........... Oh! look, there's lots of Indians....

Open your map, now look at a region somewhere south of Mumbai, and following my lips: G-O-A.

Then look at some islands west of Mumbai, and following my lips: M-A-L-D-I-V-E-S. 

Finally, look at another island south of India, and following my leads: S-R-I, L-A-N-K-A.

It is important to remember, middle class Indians have GOA to go with abundant new hotels and big wedding venues.

High class and billionaire Indians have a place called Maldives.

People who do not have enough money have Sri Lanka to visit. Apparently, Sri Lanka is going bankrupt because China had lent them so much money and built so many shining new buildings, roads and ports and Sri Lanka did not understand it had to be repaid. Now it is screaming for tourists and Indians have a nice little place for breaks. Well, maybe something Thailand really needs to look into before those shining new Chinese built high speed railway started to be repaid.

Does anyone in TAT really understand what is going on around them?

17 minutes ago, ChC1 said:

Open your map, now look at a region somewhere south of Mumbai, and following my lips: G-O-A.

Then look at some islands west of Mumbai, and following my lips: M-A-L-D-I-V-E-S. 

Finally, look at another island south of India, and following my leads: S-R-I, L-A-N-K-A.

It is important to remember, middle class Indians have GOA to go with abundant new hotels and big wedding venues.

High class and billionaire Indians have a place called Maldives.

People who do not have enough money have Sri Lanka to visit. Apparently, Sri Lanka is going bankrupt because China had lent them so much money and built so many shining new buildings, roads and ports and Sri Lanka did not understand it had to be repaid. Now it is screaming for tourists and Indians have a nice little place for breaks. Well, maybe something Thailand really needs to look into before those shining new Chinese built high speed railway started to be repaid.

Does anyone in TAT really understand what is going on around them?

one word

Nope.

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

What is the obsession with attracting Indian tourists? 

Surely this isn't based on someone in TAT looking the population of different countries around the world and thinking........... Oh! look, there's lots of Indians....

Why not that simple?  It's a short hop and they could replace 100% of pre-Covid tourist numbers if they can convince just 4% of Indians to spend their tourist money in Thailand.  That may not be doable, but they can sure make a dent...  Seems like a reasonable place to spend some promotional effort.

It's not as if they're appealing to the Indians (or the Chinese or the Russkies)  to the detriment of western tourists.  Except maybe the racist ones.