Two young women die after sedan crashes into a trailer truck in Sri Racha

snoop1130

sjmHbBMwlMlezI4f_103741-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Chamnan Jaiuea / Singthong Nammala / Kom Chad Leuk

Two people died after a sedan crashed into a trailer truck in the Sri Racha district earlier this week.

The Borwin Police was notified of the accident at 2:30 A.M. yesterday, April 11th, near an intersection in the Borwin sub-district.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find a wrecked sedan under a large trailer truck.

Two young women were found inside the sedan. Rescue workers took half an hour to use a jaw of life to free them.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/12/two-young-women-die-after-sedan-crashes-into-a-trailer-truck-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-12

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Two people died after a sedan crashed into a trailer truck in the Sri Racha district earlier this week.

The truck driver, Mr. Somchai Yongsakun, 49, told police, “At the intersection, the warning at the traffic light was blinking yellow. I had made sure that there was no vehicle when I turned right

Bloody Somchai, he killed these 2 young women, turning in front of them. 

Sadly another story about women dying on these dangerous roads.

Screenshot_2022-04-13-05-12-26-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

47 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

If Thailand had computerized traffic lights instead of turning them to flashing amber then these 2 deaths could have been avoided.

Possibly, but no guarantee they would not have ran the red light, especially if they were familiar with the area and given that time of night.

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Bloody Somchai, he killed these 2 young women, turning in front of them. 

Sadly another story about women dying on these dangerous roads.

Screenshot_2022-04-13-05-12-26-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

What business is the 2 young women doing at 2.30 in the morning ?

When the long truck need to make a right turn, it requires 2 lanes to execute. Normally the truck driver will signal and ensure the right lane are clear before turning. 

The sedan must be going at high speed. 

So who is at fault ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's your interpretation, it is not what was reported as actually happening.

Tell me more, what's your interpretation of the report.

Do you believe Somchai? 

OK, inspector, case closed, let's take Somchai's word what happened. 

Sadly, we'll never know the truth, 2 young women are dead. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

If Thailand had computerized traffic lights instead of turning them to flashing amber then these 2 deaths could have been avoided.

Many countries use flashing amber at night. Maybe you need to get out more after dark. Seems sensible to me. Instead of waiting a couple of minutes on red with no other car in sight, you proceed with caution. This woman clearly did not, as evidenced by her managing to drive right under the truck to the other side. You don't do that at a cautious speed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's your interpretation, it is not what was reported as actually happening.

Tell me more, what's your interpretation of the report.

Do you believe Somchai? 

OK, inspector, case closed, let's take Somchai's word what happened. 

Sadly, we'll never know the truth, 2 young women are dead. 

Why interpret the report any way other than as stated unless you have a very good reason (not available to the rest of us) to blame the truck driver?   I have no reason to disbelieve him and I doubt that you have either.

What makes you think that "the truth will never be known"?  The article specifically stated that there is an investigation going on right now.

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why interpret the report any way other than as stated unless you have a very good reason (not available to the rest of us) to blame the truck driver?   I have no reason to disbelieve him and I doubt that you have either.

What makes you think that "the truth will never be known"?  The article specifically stated that there is an investigation going on right now.

What we know is that he turned in front of an oncoming vehicle. 

8 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Exactly, that's all.  Not enough for blame to be apportioned, especially not by this forum's members.

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
18 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Exactly, that's all.  Not enough for blame to be apportioned, especially not by this forum's members.

Where I come from (and believe Thailand) turning in front of an oncoming vehicle is a traffic offence. 

11 hours ago, LoliLoso said:

What business is the 2 young women doing at 2.30 in the morning ?

When the long truck need to make a right turn, it requires 2 lanes to execute. Normally the truck driver will signal and ensure the right lane are clear before turning. 

The sedan must be going at high speed. 

So who is at fault ?

17 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The truck driver, Mr. Somchai Yongsakun, 49, told police, “At the intersection, the warning at the traffic light was blinking yellow.