Tourists ignore Songkran water-fight ban on Bangkok’s Khaosan Road

webfact

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Started by locals or not, is totally irrelevant. The big questions is why all the foreigners that try to stand so high above all the time, do not choose to abide with the regulations? And yes, It will be all about foreigners breaking the regulations during Songkran, because it´s easier to see the dirt bags that openly show their ignorance by breaking them. Just sad that such ignorant people must come to the country. Go home!

not abide?

yes sheep, did you put your face diaper on yet? did u make sure it's triple  layer face diaper? all good then. all safe now. maybe one day on your dead bed you might learn to think for yourself and make your own decisions for at least 1 minute in your life.

Edited by gaucan

1 minute ago, gaucan said:

yes sheep, did you put your face diaper on yet? did u make sure it's triple  layer face diaper? all good then. all safe now

I don’t know which is more ridiculous... this article, or someone calling people sheep and a face mask a ‘face diaper’ as if expressing their superiority in all things covid !!!...  you just missed out on using sheeple, plandemic and omiFlu.... :whistling:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Seems to be an effort to highlight the presence of foreigners here...

Getting ready to blame foreigners for any Songkran related covid spikes?

But of course, after all, the locals are not the ones who HAVE to be vaccinated and tested to be there, so they can't possibly be to blame for a spike, it has to be those vaccinated and tested tourists to blame. I'm not saying none of the tourists have Covid, but if they did the odds are they caught it here anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gaucan said:

not abide?

yes sheep, did you put your face diaper on yet? did u make sure it's triple  layer face diaper? all good then. all safe now. maybe one day on your dead bed you might learn to think for yourself and make your own decisions for at least 1 minute in your life.

Why would I break the rules for something as silly as playing with water? I can make my own decisions, don´t you worry. No need you sarcasm either. If you feel it´s ok to go against the government in a country where you are the guest, you are welcome. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Started by locals or not, is totally irrelevant. The big questions is why all the foreigners that try to stand so high above all the time, do not choose to abide with the regulations? And yes, It will be all about foreigners breaking the regulations during Songkran, because it´s easier to see the dirt bags that openly show their ignorance by breaking them. Just sad that such ignorant people must come to the country. Go home!

Well, just maybe they have decided to behave like the foreigners in their own country who don't stay for 2 weeks and hand over shed loads of cash but stay permanently, undocumented running grooming gangs and accosting the locals in the street for not doing things there way. And if accosting them doesn't work will take a knife, or van, or explosive to change their minds. 

And anyway, if a few foreigners are in a street with hundreds of Thais and the Thais start water fights why shouldn't the foreigners join in? They're going to get soaked whether they get involved or not. And what's sauce for the goose etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

While I would agree for more serious matters, like underage sex, rape, murder, hard drug use, drinking and driving, etc., I think something like joining in with a gang of locals on a party street throwing some water around is fine.  You are entitled to disagree with that, of course.  Legally, they are as culpable as the locals.  Morally, I don't see anything to really object to.

Alright, there it came again. You are saying you do not consider yourself above, and still it seems like you are the one deciding what is important or not regarding rules. Laughable!

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Flink said:

Well, just maybe they have decided to behave like the foreigners in their own country who don't stay for 2 weeks and hand over shed loads of cash but stay permanently, undocumented running grooming gangs and accosting the locals in the street for not doing things there way. And if accosting them doesn't work will take a knife, or van, or explosive to change their minds. 

And anyway, if a few foreigners are in a street with hundreds of Thais and the Thais start water fights why shouldn't the foreigners join in? They're going to get soaked whether they get involved or not. And what's sauce for the goose etc. 

Thanks for the BS load of excuses! ???? 

Got shot at with water guns and showered with buckets of iced water yesterday here in Samui. Mixture of both thais and foreigners. Far less than pre Covid. Not too much of a problem outside the tourist areas.

Chaweng beach road near the entertainment area was busy with drunken tourists armed with those giant power guns that hold about a gallon of water. 

10 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Why would I break the rules for something as silly as playing with water? I can make my own decisions, don´t you worry. No need you sarcasm either. If you feel it´s ok to go against the government in a country where you are the guest, you are welcome. Good luck!

Please, could you take that attitude and go for a walk around Rotherham, Luton, Bradford, Tower Hamlets and suggest that they follow the rules. I'd suggest body armour or really good health insurance before you try it. What happened on KSR was a FEW, no doubt inebriated, foreigners joined in with loads of locals in some water fighting. The weren't running grooming gangs, trying to enforce their own laws or any of the other things they have to put up with back home. What is more to the point is the inconsistency of a government that outlaws anything that people might do for fun at new year but sponsors concerts and events where "social distancing " is ignored. That levvies heavy fines on entertainment venues for encouraging/assisting water fights but does next to damn all to prevent drunken locals getting into their cars and causing mayhem, death and destruction on the roads. People would be more likely to follow government edicts (locals AND foreigners) if there was an ounce of sense behind most of them or were edicts that would ACTUALLY have a genuinely beneficial effect on the society as a whole. Don't send teams of coppers down KSR at 11.30, set them up on the streets all around the area stopping every car, breathalysing the driver and carting off to jail for the night the one's that fail. However, sew shut the officers pockets to make sure EVERYONE who fails the test gets carted to jail for the night.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Yeah, punish the foreign tourists but not the locals, that will work! Shows not only the attitude towards tourists, but also that authorities are helpless to enforce rules as soon as a large number of locals decide not to follow them.

Basic reasons for laws are they essential, are they enforceable. ? So where were Bangkok's finest at Kao San? 

When I arrived in Thailand, it was April 93 and I stayed in KSR. 

It was only foreigners back then that did the water thing. 

Around 1998, Thais started to be brave and play, and now it is mostly Thais. 

Thais in that area don't like foreigners, I've heard some quite disturbing things when visiting. Actually, most Thais don't like foreigners full stop, get over it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Dirty falang ...dont follow Thailand law....but question remains who arranged the water and ice if those were removed before???

Stupid remark, sorry. Who do you think? Not the authorities I would guess. It was said foreigners AND Thais.... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swm59nj said:

It might be provided by locals.  But the tourists and expats are adults.  Well in age anyway.  These people should know better if they are responsible individuals. And for the most part they visit or live here because they think they are exempt from rules and laws.  They know they couldn’t get away with certain  things in their own country.  So they come here.  And no matter how much you despise your country of origin or other western countries.  You are not a citizen here.  And you always will be considered a visitor.  You are a citizen of your own country.  Like it or not. 
That is why many countries in the world do not like visitors or expats from other countries.  Because they go there thinking they can do and act how ever they please. 
And just because a local does something doesn’t mean it’s right. 

I couldn't agree more!

This is really making me angry. Those people, foreigners and Thais alike are the most stupid and ignorant people and I hope that they will be punished as severe as possible.

First of all... I don't care wether one can get covid or not because of watersplashing. But it is the law that forbids those idiotic water-fights. Grown-ups behaving like children. Please.... Yes it is fun, but fun ends where problems start. If there is any chance of a widespread of Covid due to the actions of those irrisponsible individuals who think they know better, then these people should be reprimanded. Everytime I was getting news from my country I was glad to live in Thailand where we could have a "normal" life. 

Suddenly everything was dropped. Nobody wears masks anymore (in my country the Netherlands), tv is like it was before Covid and there is no news about it anymore. What is going on????

In Thailand it is still a problem. But even here the borders are opening, in spite of more cases and yet we have to be cautious. But at the same moment, letting those morons come back to Thailand and the problems start all over again.

The best two years here in Thailand were the last two (for me personally): hardly any tourists and quiet everything. Now it is starting to be crowded again. Not only that.....those idiots who think they are above the law, because they are on holiday are coming back..... 

Stupid idiots on Kao San Road... please kick them back to where they came from.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flink said:

Please, could you take that attitude and go for a walk around Rotherham, Luton, Bradford, Tower Hamlets and suggest that they follow the rules. I'd suggest body armour or really good health insurance before you try it. What happened on KSR was a FEW, no doubt inebriated, foreigners joined in with loads of locals in some water fighting. The weren't running grooming gangs, trying to enforce their own laws or any of the other things they have to put up with back home. What is more to the point is the inconsistency of a government that outlaws anything that people might do for fun at new year but sponsors concerts and events where "social distancing " is ignored. That levvies heavy fines on entertainment venues for encouraging/assisting water fights but does next to damn all to prevent drunken locals getting into their cars and causing mayhem, death and destruction on the roads. People would be more likely to follow government edicts (locals AND foreigners) if there was an ounce of sense behind most of them or were edicts that would ACTUALLY have a genuinely beneficial effect on the society as a whole. Don't send teams of coppers down KSR at 11.30, set them up on the streets all around the area stopping every car, breathalysing the driver and carting off to jail for the night the one's that fail. However, sew shut the officers pockets to make sure EVERYONE who fails the test gets carted to jail for the night.

I read the first sentence, which has no relevance. This is Thailand and not some UK ghetto outlawed city.

After that, I can´t read it more. Please put it up in some paragraphs if you want me to read you replies. ???? 

9 minutes ago, Thaijack2014 said:

This is really making me angry. Those people, foreigners and Thais alike are the most stupid and ignorant people and I hope that they will be punished as severe as possible.

First of all... I don't care wether one can get covid or not because of watersplashing. But it is the law that forbids those idiotic water-fights. Grown-ups behaving like children. Please.... Yes it is fun, but fun ends where problems start. If there is any chance of a widespread of Covid due to the actions of those irrisponsible individuals who think they know better, then these people should be reprimanded. Everytime I was getting news from my country I was glad to live in Thailand where we could have a "normal" life. 

Suddenly everything was dropped. Nobody wears masks anymore (in my country the Netherlands), tv is like it was before Covid and there is no news about it anymore. What is going on????

In Thailand it is still a problem. But even here the borders are opening, in spite of more cases and yet we have to be cautious. But at the same moment, letting those morons come back to Thailand and the problems start all over again.

The best two years here in Thailand were the last two (for me personally): hardly any tourists and quiet everything. Now it is starting to be crowded again. Not only that.....those idiots who think they are above the law, because they are on holiday are coming back..... 

Stupid idiots on Kao San Road... please kick them back to where they came from.... 

They prioritize the value of personal freedom in the West. Here in Asia, we prioritize community. Lock up the Thais, kick out the farang. 

• Like 1