Any reports of denied entry at Chiang Mai

Hi

Iam looking for a quick return to Thailand after a 14 month stay on TR with 6 covid extensions (plus 9 day overstay).   Iam looking to come back after a month away.  I know that returning via the BKK airports will be hard for entry.  I am thinking how about entering via Chiang Mai on another TR.

Additionally, whilst applying for a TR has anyone used those prepaid flight tickets to do the visa and if so, any recommendations? 

Anyone has experience on a quick return after being in Thailand for so long?

• Confused 1

Which airline are you considering for the arrival into CNX?  For May I only see Singapore Airlines with a nonstop stop from SIN to CNX on it’s subsidiary Scoot Air.  If this is your plan make then make sure the reservation clearly indicates CNX is the first port of entry into Thailand.  Some of the other flights stop in BKK first and one could have to clear immigration first and then transfer to a domestic flight.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Which airline are you considering for the arrival into CNX?  For May I only see Singapore Airlines with a nonstop stop from SIN to CNX on it’s subsidiary Scoot Air.  If this is your plan make then make sure the reservation clearly indicates CNX is the first port of entry into Thailand.  Some of the other flights stop in BKK first and one could have to clear immigration first and then transfer to a domestic flight.  

Iam looking into going to SIN airlines then onto CNX.  I am not sure based on the new rules do need to clear immigration first in BKK.  However, before pre-covid there was no need to clear immigration

History is no guarantee of future behaviour. However, if you have an actual visa, I can recall no cases of denied entry if clearing immigration at CNX. Avoid trying to enter visa exempt if you possibly can. I think all international airports, except U-Tapao, have been known to deny entry to those trying to enter visa exempt (though Chiang Mai does it much less often).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

History is no guarantee of future behaviour. However, if you have an actual visa, I can recall no cases of denied entry if clearing immigration at CNX. Avoid trying to enter visa exempt if you possibly can. I think all international airports, except U-Tapao, have been known to deny entry to those trying to enter visa exempt (though Chiang Mai does it much less often).

what is u-tapao?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

Iam looking into going to SIN airlines then onto CNX.  I am not sure based on the new rules do need to clear immigration first in BKK.  However, before pre-covid there was no need to clear immigration

Remember Singapore Airlines nonstop flights from SIN to CNX are only operated by Scoot Air(A subsidiary of Singapore Airlines).  If your itinerary says this then CNX will be your port of entry into Thailand and not BKK.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

If i get asked by immigration why did i stay so long and why a quick return?  Any sensible answers?

You love the country so much and since you don't have to work currently, you decided to take some well deserved extended holidays in your favorite country. If you have a Thai girlfriend, say you don't want to be separated from her as well (make sure to have photos of the 2 of you on your phone).

Most importantly, act like someone who is on holidays. Big smile and so happy to be back here. Don't go in there looking anxious, they'll probably smell it.

Have enough or too much cash on yourself as well.

No guarantee of success unfortunately...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

You love the country so much and since you don't have to work currently, you decided to take some well deserved extended holidays in your favorite country. If you have a Thai girlfriend, say you don't want to be separated from her as well (make sure to have photos of the 2 of you on your phone).

Most importantly, act like someone who is on holidays. Big smile and so happy to be back here. Don't go in there looking anxious, they'll probably smell it.

Does it have to be cash?  Can i not show my account balance in bangkok bank? 

Does the GF help?

4 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Yes, "I ve just had a 14 month holiday in Thailand and I'm exhausted and I will rest and recover  by having another long holiday in Thailand"

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, "I ve just had a 14 month holiday in Thailand and I'm exhausted and I will rest and recover  by having another long holiday in Thailand"

I have been doing this kind of holidays for 14 years it seems. Does it matter?

6 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

If i get asked by immigration why did i stay so long and why a quick return?  Any sensible answers?

taking care of GF and her sick buffalo(family)

I also use meditation course

I came in with SIN but LAX-SIN-BKK

as others noted scoot is the only way into CNX---seems it would be bkk for u

they are thinking of dropping thai pass--meeting this week for possible May 1  end of TP

1 minute ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

taking care of GF and her sick buffalo(family)

I also use meditation course

I came in with SIN but LAX-SIN-BKK

as others noted scoot is the only way into CNX---seems it would be bkk for u

they are thinking of dropping thai pass--meeting this week for possible May 1  end of TP

I will take UK-SIN-CNX flight.   How was immigration there?  I never flown international into CNX.  I would arrive in the morning 10.15 and then if they scrap the Test and Go, then i would be taking the next flight into Bkk

Edited by pantsonfire

2 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

I will take UK-SIN-CNX flight.   How was immigration there?  I never flown international into CNX.  I would arrive in the morning 10.15 and then if they scrap the Test and Go, then i would be taking the next flight into Bkk

i came thru BKK and did test n go in nov 2021.....CNX would be mellow i assume and ive heard they are allowing test n go here in Cnx.....may want to wait to see if they drop the T n go may 1

49 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I'm below 50, not married. I enjoy living here more than in my own country. I spend a lot of money here yearly. I have more than the retirement requirements in my account and in income. What do you want me to do?

I don't need to work, I have assets, cash and income from abroad that support me. I invested in condos here before their scheme for visa was up and running.

I had Elite before, did it make me more welcome here in your eyes because I spent 500k on a visa? Do you think I have to keep doing that until I have the privilege to be 50 and officially retire here?

I understand and respect your decision living in thailand and enjoying living here more than your home country. there is nothing funny or wrong about it.

Although you also must respect that a country needs a visa to live in. a visa type which gives you permission to live in a country which is not your country. Im sorry but to say i want to live here is.. just not enough.

you are simply trying to live in thailand with a tourist visa. its name on it. tourist. 

from your post its obvious you have no money problem. so why dont you just do a business and make a reason why you can stay in thailand instead of trying to stay in thailand?

this post is also for the OP. so many years on tourist visa, seriously whats your aim? what are you trying to do? 

with all respect but i really hope you cannot get TR visa. its just because it feels not fair for the people doing everything right to stay here or live here or work here. But people like you just trying to live here based on TR visas... i mean you dont work, no ED, no charity.. nothing.. common

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

I understand and respect your decision living in thailand and enjoying living here more than your home country. there is nothing funny or wrong about it.

Although you also must respect that a country needs a visa to live in. a visa type which gives you permission to live in a country which is not your country. Im sorry but to say i want to live here is.. just not enough.

you are simply trying to live in thailand with a tourist visa. its name on it. tourist. 

from your post its obvious you have no money problem. so why dont you just do a business and make a reason why you can stay in thailand instead of trying to stay in thailand?

this post is also for the OP. so many years on tourist visa, seriously whats your aim? what are you trying to do? 

with all respect but i really hope you cannot get TR visa. its just because it feels not fair for the people doing everything right to stay here or live here or work here. But people like you just trying to live here based on TR visas... i mean you dont work, no ED, no charity.. nothing.. common

Please read my post clearly.  I was on TR in Thailand for 14 MONTHs and not YEARS.  Reason for coming back was because of covid stuck there and there wasnt much to do.  Felt like a waste of time.  However, during that time i met a girl and i have abit of unfinished business

Edited by pantsonfire
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Please read my post clearly.  I was on TR in Thailand for 14 MONTHs and not YEARS

my post was not only for you, sorry if it seems i made a mistake about the time.

but the main idea stay same

Edited by problemfarang