For 30 day extension is there a form I can fill out in advance?

I'm here on a 30 day visa exempt stamp and would like to extend another 30 days, on Monday. In order to make things go as smoothly as possible at Immigration, is there a form I should fill out prior or anything I need before going to the Immigration office, other than my passport and 1900 baht? Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, AventurasEnMadrid said:

I came over on the Thai Pass system from Laos to an SHA hotel in Nong Khai; please could you tell me how I can get proof of the TM30 report, if possible. 

Your hotel should have registered you & made a TM30 report on your behalf - A screenshot of this should be sufficient if immigration ask you for it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AventurasEnMadrid said:

Thank you for this information @ubonjoe. I have no idea about this "TM30 report", I was never told about this. I came over on the Thai Pass system from Laos to an SHA hotel in Nong Khai; please could you tell me how I can get proof of the TM30 report, if possible. 

Where are staying now? If a hotel they should of done a TM30 report when you checked in.

12 hours ago, AventurasEnMadrid said:

Also @ubonjoe I see on the TM7 form you sent me to fill out, there is a spot for a 4 x 6 cm ID photo. Is this actually required?

Yes it is mandatory.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 6:01 PM, AventurasEnMadrid said:

Thank you for this information @ubonjoe. I have no idea about this "TM30 report", I was never told about this. I came over on the Thai Pass system from Laos to an SHA hotel in Nong Khai; please could you tell me how I can get proof of the TM30 report, if possible. 

You need to photocopy the page in your passport that has your entry stamp on it. Put your TM6 next to it when you make the copy. Also save the que no. ticket you get. You need this to come back stage 3 to get your passport.. it is a 3 part process now. One, que up go in and register your place of residence. A receipt for this will be stapled into your passport. Make sure you photo copy this. You'll need it for stage 2. I was told to come back a few days later (she gave me a date) que again, stage two, for the visa stamp. Stage 3, you come back next day to pick up your passport, no que for this just take your old que ticket to the entrance gate and a temporary desk is set up to collect it. This 3 part system I guess just keeps people out of the building. I Qued 90 minutes both times. Not too stressful really.   

Take your passport.

Thai departure card (TM 6).

Photocopies of your :-
-eVisa if applicable
-main passport pages, 
-your arrival stamp 
-and your TM6 departure card

also when the residency slip is handed to you mine was stapled in passport, get a photocopy of that whilst in immigration, it will be needed to complete the process if that is today or if your asked to come back on another day.

Keep the que no. slip in case it is needed to get passport returned.

2x recent passport photos.

1900 baht exactly, and a pen.

Residents of the UK can get their stamp extended by 30 days.

Fill out a TM7 (it's a lot easier to download & print in UK and fill in before you go to immigration) - on the application form you need to submit the following information:

- Your title, family name, first name, middle name
- Age in years and the date of birth
- Place of birth
- Nationality
- Passport or travel document No., date and place of issue, valid until date
- Type of visa used for your entry into Thailand
- Type of transportation and the destination from where you came
- Port of arrival and the date of your entry into Thailand
- Arrival/Departure Card TM.6 No.
- Number of requested days and the reasons of extension
- Address in Thailand

Top tip: Before going to immigration make sure the host of where you are staying has registered you. This is known as TM30 registration. Your host – be it a hotel, hostel, AirBNB or rented apartment – needs to submit your details to the authorities through the TM30 scheme. If they have not done this, you might not get your Visa Extension, and your host will likely be fined.

In jomtien, I go to the attached agency and pay them like 300 baht to fill out all my paperwork for simple extensions.  Go early and have them do it and also tell you everything you will need as well.  They take your photo too.

Worth it in my opinion.