COVID Won’t Be Endemic on July 1

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Jotho said:

Hello!?!?!?!

In a country with 70.000.000 there are just over 100 daily dead who are registrered positive... Did they die of covid, or did they die with covid??  Seriously this scaremongering has got to stop!!!

I am just amazed that nobody properly questions this as this is clearly used as a tool to control the people and country there!!!

THat is a too difficult question.. easier to say they died of Covid......

50 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There were 34,270 new cases reported yesterday  and deaths are on the rise, but never mind eh... got to keep playing grab-ass!

I love happy grab-ass! Played it a bunch out and about last night and a few nights ago and...and...and.

Those numbers could be multiplied by 10 or 100 and I'd still say "mai pen rai" and keep playing happy grab-ass every time. ????

11 hours ago, Caldera said:

Either it's endemic or it isn't, the virus doesn't care what Anutin declares it.

I'd say it already is endemic, and they know it. Traveling around over Songkran, I got the impression that everyone knows it's everywhere - and cares very little.

Spot on...nobody cares anymore. And very few ever cared, but rather are coerced to follow the Covidiocy. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And the odd few deaths...... oh well. 

To be fair, on the deaths front we're back to the old with/from debate. Clarification is hard to come by on whether people have died from, or with Covid when dealing with people who don't want to lose their emergency powers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flink said:

To be fair, on the deaths front we're back to the old with/from debate. Clarification is hard to come by on whether people have died from, or with Covid when dealing with people who don't want to lose their emergency powers.

One can only go with what one is told..... autopsies are unlikely on locals here. Someone I know here was told his mother died of Covid and that is what he believes. 

13 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Thailand follows China like a little boy - or it seems that way.  

Honestly, this new variant varies from no symptoms to a cold as long as you're vaccinated.  

Oh well.

Or have natural immunity, which is what China should be realising, providing hospitals are not overloaded with serious medical condition cases.

13 hours ago, connda said:

It keeps the commoners in line. 

Maybe I don't have a good sample of the population but the Thais I know and live around are actually very afraid of COVID and want the masks etc... to stay. I still see people wearing masks cycling, in cars alone or walking around outside alone. It's likes they learned nothing and progressed 0% since the start of the pandemic.

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

that's bad sign for thailand pass and covid testing on entry.

There are over 2 months to make decisions, he should not say yet.

They should follow more on international policies to covid

Lets get this right . Recently there were mutterings that July 1st would end the Thai Pass requirements , then a suggestion it could be as early as 1st May .  So there may well have been a lot of flight bookings made by tourists to Thailand after those dates seeking to avoid the potential perils of the T/P . Does Anutin have a crystal ball to forecast the covid stats in 8 weeks time or is it a vested interest in insurance companies  and hospitels  ? What it has done is to send a message out to all potential travellers to Thailand this year , is to take nothing for granted when it comes to entry rules for Thailand . Airlines and hotels must be dreading cancellations ?

There seems to be a divide between the western world and Asia on covid tactics .

• Like 2

Gonna milk it to get the Last Baht … Some fools only care for themselves while the rest suffer … Time for Stocktake !!!!!! 
Open the Country and stick your next booster where sun don’t shine … Herd immunity has always been the way forward … Geez only have to watch first 8 series of The Walking Dead 55555

3 minutes ago, Millcx said:

Gonna milk it to get the Last Baht … Some fools only care for themselves while the rest suffer … Time for Stocktake !!!!!! 
Open the Country and stick your next booster where sun don’t shine … Herd immunity has always been the way forward … Geez only have to watch first 8 series of The Walking Dead 55555

Herd immunity was unachievable with the Delta variant.

Omicron is a different kettle of fish.

16 hours ago, connda said:

Think think think.   When is a good time???   ????
Ahhh! Got it.  Right before the elections for Prime Minister.  :thumbsup:

6 cannabis plants per household and you can take your masks off when you're outside, at least until after the elections!!!
Anutin For Prime Minister ????

you got it right there 

Controll

2 hours ago, superal said:

Lets get this right . Recently there were mutterings that July 1st would end the Thai Pass requirements , then a suggestion it could be as early as 1st May .  So there may well have been a lot of flight bookings made by tourists to Thailand after those dates seeking to avoid the potential perils of the T/P . Does Anutin have a crystal ball to forecast the covid stats in 8 weeks time or is it a vested interest in insurance companies  and hospitels  ? What it has done is to send a message out to all potential travellers to Thailand this year , is to take nothing for granted when it comes to entry rules for Thailand . Airlines and hotels must be dreading cancellations ?

There seems to be a divide between the western world and Asia on covid tactics .

to much money being made eith the thai pass they ain't going to give it up easily..

17 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Everyday I get those looks

I don't know... but I've been getting these looks since the very first day after arriving in this country some 3 decades ago. I therefore don't think these looks are necessarily tied to Covid-19. Try waving around with a bundle of 1,000-baht bills and see how those looks miraculously change in an instant. Works every time, I swear!