COVID Won’t Be Endemic on July 1

snoop1130

18 hours ago, internationalism said:

that's bad sign for thailand pass and covid testing on entry.

There are over 2 months to make decisions, he should not say yet.

They should follow more on international policies to covid

Singapore already scrapped the covid insurance n testing requirements for vaccinated folks who fly in from April 1.
Hopefully, competition for tourist $ will force the other regional countries to follow suit shortly ..

4 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

Of course not, the idiots are pre-longing this whole thing. Better just to REMOVE all restrictions in Thailand and start with those ridiculous face-masks 

I think better they make up their own minds and rules, and not listen to foreigners who really haven't done a very good job at home.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Thailand follows China like a little boy - or it seems that way.  

Honestly, this new variant varies from no symptoms to a cold as long as you're vaccinated.  

Oh well.

Correct I felt a bit tired and muscle ach in the gym this morning so I bought a Covid test and yes black and red mark, so I will self quarantine, I’m not in Thailand I’m in Vietnam.

8 hours ago, wealthychef said:

I love how politicians think they can legislate reality.  Whether a disease is endemic or not is not something you vote on.  LOL

Since when did this clown become a politician? He should stick to engineering.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Glassjaw said:

Everything is open and life is normal. There’s no laws to self isolate anymore either. 99% of vaccinated are getting it as a cold (I had it two weeks ago) so obviously the numbers are still high. It’s much better to be in this situation than Thailands ridiculous policies.

Probably was a cold! As colds and flu seems to be a thing of the past!!!????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Why not just follow the UK and pretend it doesn’t exist, because that’s going so well.

Yes it's going great.

That's the smartest thing to do, closing bar at 11 am or "Thailand pass" it's not going to stop covid.

Edited by Anton9

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Public Health will not declare COVID-19 an endemic disease on July 1, according to Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

Got to keep the emergency decree in place until after the elections?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Ouch. Wife and I booked an overseas holiday returning to Thailand intentionally just after July 1st to avoid the Thai pass and testing nonsense. Don't suppose this is justification to ask for a full refund from the airline?

Have to admit i thought July 1st would be a green light go situation, doesn't look like thats going to be the case now.

If they don't open up without restrictions by High Season there's obviously a 'dark' reason for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I think better they make up their own minds and rules, and not listen to foreigners who really haven't done a very good job at home.

Well, if you compare Thailand with Sweden than Thailand really  needs to up their work. They are like 60 years of more behind Sweden even mentally. Look how good it is and was in Sweden with hardly any restrictions for individuals.

41 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

Well, if you compare Thailand with Sweden than Thailand really  needs to up their work. They are like 60 years of more behind Sweden even mentally. Look how good it is and was in Sweden with hardly any restrictions for individuals.

I know it is fine now, as I talk to someone over there now and again, but many have forgotten that Sweden did not exactly excel... yet keep claiming it...

The Washington Post said

Critics of Sweden’s approach, meanwhile, noted that it is a nation of only 10 million people in a relatively isolated corner of Europe, and that its fellow Nordic countries have all done a far better job of protecting their citizens from Covid-19.

10 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Ouch. Wife and I booked an overseas holiday returning to Thailand intentionally just after July 1st to avoid the Thai pass and testing nonsense. Don't suppose this is justification to ask for a full refund from the airline?

Why?  I would still come, it's only a minor inconvenience as it is unless your unvaccinated.

as every day there is a contradictory statement, simply buy air fare sometimes a week before the most convenient time for you to come (to allow for thailand pass approval).

get all documents ready (2 vax, AQ hotel booking, insurance, and including recovery certificate if you can organise one). 

For those who need to come shortly, there is no point delaying journey. It might be a long wait, beyond 1st of July.

6 hours ago, WHansen said:

It's going very well as long as your not scared of your own shadow

Right, tell that to hospitals on highest alert due to staff sickness, airports, staff sickness, trains, staff sickness. Yeah it’s going great because nobody cares who they infect.

On 4/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, mtls2005 said:

While no linkage is clearly stated it feels like this "Declaration of Endemicity" is tied to the current "Emergency Decree."

And my speculation is that they do not want to give up the Emergency Decree "crutch", ergo still epidemic.

Endemicity Is Meaningless

The coronavirus will be with us forever. But we still have no idea what happens next.

Endemicity promises exactly none of this. Really, the term to which we’ve pinned our post-pandemic hopes has so many definitions that it means almost nothing at all. What lies ahead is, still, a big uncertain mess, which the word endemic does far more to obscure than to clarify.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/02/endemicity-means-nothing/621423/

They don't want to give up their stranglehold until after the election. 

Looks like I'll continue spending my 'holiday' funds on Spain's sunny Costa Del Sol. 

22 hours ago, hotchilli said:

It's farang.... plsss

No. It is foreigner. That is infinitely more polite. Or expat. There is nothing polite about farang. It means not us. It means outsider. Even for those of us who have lived here for ages, and support the nation on many levels, we will always be outsiders here. That is a deficiency within Thai society. And that does not bother me. But the term is getting annoying. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. It is foreigner. That is infinitely more polite. Or expat. There is nothing polite about farang. It means not us. It means outsider. Even for those of us who have lived here for ages, and support the nation on many levels, we will always be outsiders here. That is a deficiency within Thai society. And that does not bother me. But the term is getting annoying. 

Keep mind that Thai is a very limited language: they may only have one word to denote 5 different related things while English often has 5 different words for the same thing as you have listed several above.