Video: "Drunk" driver slams into luxury cars outside security firm - he gets out, surveys damage and flees

webfact

3 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

Wow...the car was still drivable.....I gotta buy that <deleted>tt!!

Sideways shunt, low impact. Why shouldn't it be drivable? But do you really want to risk sliding off the road every time it rains? Forget pick ups. Dangerous beasts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would say unbelievable, but then again this is Thailand where fleeing the scene of an accident is as common as brake failure, or micro sleep, or mental health issues, or misunderstandings, or blaming someone else….

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

MY pickup has never been in a Dangerous situation.

They never are until the day they are. The same can be said for my motorcycle of course.

But there can be no disputing and the stats back it up, that pick ups are involved in more accidents than any other vehicle on Thailand's roads other than motorcycles. And its the vehicles characteristics that make them so dangerous. What was it I read earlier? Are yes, 'agricultural utility vehicle'. That just about sums it up.

• Confused 1

Yes in Thailand, it seems that as lot of drivers flee an accident.

Likely to sober up before admitting to causing it. In Thailand a 

Honda Accord, is a good quality vehicle, and so is a Benz. 

Some posters however only equate a Bentley, or Porsche etc. , as luxury.

Darn rain and slippery roads and drunk drivers, Hey!

On 4/20/2022 at 10:05 AM, Moonlover said:

Sideways shunt, low impact. Why shouldn't it be drivable? But do you really want to risk sliding off the road every time it rains? Forget pick ups. Dangerous beasts.

Only for people who can't drive it or been drunken. ????

22 minutes ago, snowgard said:

22 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Only for people who can't drive it or been drunken. ????

I guess that accounts for the high number of pick up accidents in Thailand then.

20 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I guess that accounts for the high number of pick up accidents in Thailand then.

A lot put wider tires on the car and don't have the money to buy new ones when the profile is low. And if it's raining ... they sliding off the road.

17 hours ago, snowgard said:

A lot put wider tires on the car and don't have the money to buy new ones when the profile is low. And if it's raining ... they sliding off the road.

Your fanciful hypophysis might just account for a small number of pick up prangs, but I'm sure that a great majority are the result of drivers being unaware of the dangers of driving too fast in adverse weather conditions. There have been plenty of CCTV videos on this forum that give testament to that.

• Like 1

Forget pick ups. Dangerous beasts.

Just this morning on the way to work some idiot in a pickup in Laem Chabang almost knocked two older persons off a motorcycle because he was to impatient to wait and tried to jump the lights. 

Really dangerous and irresponsible behaviour by the pickup driver. 

• Haha 1