Electric Vehicles in Thailand

1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

$16,000 EV from Nissan with bidirectional charging

So are we going to the Sakura in Thailand? Nissan has been forced to pause orders in Japan after the waiting period for the vehicle spanned over a year. The Sakura is now the best selling EV in Japan

The success of the Sakura has taken Nissan by surprise, who now need to scale up production to initially meet domestic demand before exports start.

The car is jointly developed with Mitsubishi Motors who call their version the eK X EV (pronounced “eK cross EV”)

IMG_1082.png.0e4b263f8bc4e513570b5c9754306b9d.png

It looks super narrow, tiny battery (20kWh) and only 47 kW (63 hp; 64 PS) which makes the Neta V look good at 38.5 kWh, 95 hp respectively.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, matchar said:

It looks super narrow, tiny battery (20kWh) and only 47 kW (63 hp; 64 PS) which makes the Neta V look good at 38.5 kWh, 95 hp respectively.

I agree with you completely, but some folk love Japanese Cars and wouldn’t buy Chinese. 

We need to get them out of their Hilux and Tunas

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, matchar said:

Agree

Definitely a step up, from the 'mini s'  Wuling & Poco that are available here/TH, that are in the <500k baht range, and not very well spec'd.

Though if the Nissan came here, it certain wouldn't be 560k baht / $16k USD, in which case, just get the Neta V.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

I agree with you completely, but some folk love Japanese Cars and wouldn’t buy Chinese. 

We need to get them out of their Hilux and Tunas

Why, what is it to do with you what folk want..........?  ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I just sold one 2 years old 15,000km , lost 15% from new price.

Nice ... can't complain about that, mere 15%. ????

My Mazda 2 wasn't worth selling, and simply gave it to my daughter.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

It makes you wonder about the agenda of people who post these anti China fake videos. Are they just racists? Or Americans upset about the rise of China and Chinese industry? Or something else?

Not sure where the guy in the video is from, but it does not sound like the US.

Is that why so many Europeans seem to hate the US, because their little CS countries can't compete? 

• Confused 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thinking of buying a Tesla Model 3? Don’t!

IMG_1119.jpeg.a062671391d9933181e6fee39fb0fe11.jpeg

Better to wait for the all new Model 3 Highland. Rumors are circulating that Tesla is planning to rev up the base battery of its Model 3 from a 60 kWh to a 66 kWh battery pack, promising a 10% boost to the EV's driving range. The upgraded battery is reportedly the result of a collaboration with CATL, utilizing their brand new M3P lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery packs.

It’s claimed that the Shanghai factory has already stopped making the old model and sales of the far cheaper to manufacture project highland will start in October.

• Thumbs Up 2

Indonesia will need to exercise patience for another 18 months to ascertain whether global electric car giant Tesla Inc. will initiate investments in the nation, Chief Investment Minister Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan said on Monday.

https://jakartaglobe.id/business/luhut-fails-to-get-immediate-investment-pledge-from-musk

I can't see Tesla making any announcement prior to purchasing land as any prior announcements only pushes land prices up

• Like 1

Currently all Tesla cars for China’s domestic market, S.E.A. and Aus/NZ come from Giga Shanghai where the vast majority of cars produced are LFP powered standard range model Ys and 3s - no Nickel required. LFP is soon to be replaced with CATL’s even more efficient M3P chemistry - again no Nickel.

I am wondering how important Nickel is going to going to be in the Tesla’s future plans. Nickel prices in 2023 have been between $20,000 - $30,000/T

IMG_0410.jpeg.61863655b53dc04a53007e717cd01348.jpeg

Edited by Bandersnatch

Can anyone here give a definitive answer regarding the legality of electric vehicles in Thailand. Years ago my friend bought a golf buggy for his daughter to use as transport for the 6 kilo ride to school. Even with his company's legal department help he could not get it registered. She just continued to use it for the next 5 years with no problem. There is a guy with an electric vespa styled motorbike that he has been unable to register. He just uses it again with no problem. Now a youtuber has bought a semi enclosed electric three wheeler for his mother. He claims it is impossible to register and was assured that no license is required. A Thai neighbor is driving an electric DT motors city car. This is similar in styling to a Smart car. It appears fully road legal and completely enclosed with AC. She assures me that registration nor license is required. Looking on DT website it claims neither plates or license is required.

product-5.jpg

36 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Can anyone here give a definitive answer regarding the legality of electric vehicles in Thailand. Years ago my friend bought a golf buggy for his daughter to use as transport for the 6 kilo ride to school. Even with his company's legal department help he could not get it registered. She just continued to use it for the next 5 years with no problem. There is a guy with an electric vespa styled motorbike that he has been unable to register. He just uses it again with no problem. Now a youtuber has bought a semi enclosed electric three wheeler for his mother. He claims it is impossible to register and was assured that no license is required. A Thai neighbor is driving an electric DT motors city car. This is similar in styling to a Smart car. It appears fully road legal and completely enclosed with AC. She assures me that registration nor license is required. Looking on DT website it claims neither plates or license is required.

product-5.jpg

Assuming it's going to be used locally, pop into your local PoPo station, and ask them.

Legally, if not registered, with plates. I can't see it being legal to drive on the streets.

But, I see plenty of 2-3-4 wheeled EVs, with no plates, and yet to see one getting cited for anything.

E-scooter, ebikes, motorcycle, 3 wheel mobility scooter, and 4 wheeled 'golf cart' types, all seem to be unregistered/no plates & tolerated where I am.

I doubt if you'll get a definitive answer, as I'll so 'no', and surely someone will come along and 'correct me' telling me yes, legal.

You get the same discussion with ebike.  Me-motor + 2 or 3 wheels, it is motorcycle, others come on and spout, if 350w or 250w motor then no need, but nowhere can they show that written in Thai law.

Edited by KhunLA