Electric Vehicles in Thailand

Atto 3 extended range 480 Performance in Quantum Black to feature at the Motor Show, price to be revealed.

IMG_3132.png.14f93cdffb2005f18d9658e5d8ef025b.png

The current price of an extended range Atto 3 is 1,199,000 with 100k cashback ( so 1.1 mil ). Will be interesting to see what price this version launches at as there is quite a few upgrades to this version.

IMG_3133.thumb.jpeg.a2f6245a88c1acfe38d05c51aeb00d4d.jpeg

https://autolifethailand.tv/spec-byd-atto3-480-performance-extended-range-thailand-motor-show-2024/

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Atto 3 extended range 480 Performance in Quantum Black to feature at the Motor Show, price to be revealed.

The current price of an extended range Atto 3 is 1,199,000 with 100k cashback ( so 1.1 mil ). Will be interesting to see what price this version launches at as there is quite a few upgrades to this version.

https://autolifethailand.tv/spec-byd-atto3-480-performance-extended-range-thailand-motor-show-2024/

Things like adding the Karaoke app, the ability to DC Fast Charge up to 88KW vs 80KW, and ability to turn off Daytime Running light during current initiation cycle was added in Dec 2023 when software/firmware version 1.7 was released. 

Other than a tire size change and main display size change everything is just a cosmetics change or was already released for the earlier Atto Extended Range model (like my 2023 Extended Range Atto I bought in Oct 2023).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This is proof that the CCP is eavesdropping on everything you say and do in the car. It is a spy machine a serious national security risk.

Or maybe the Chinese can't spell and the ear 👂 mirrors really are rear mirrors?

Anyway, why quantum black ️,  is it even a real color or are the achievements of BYD so small they have to be measured at the quantum level?

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think I would have got the joke if I was smoking what you were smoking.

I can't afford to smoke, I have to pay for fuel and I used my last savings to order 100,000 of these stickers. I hope Pib will be my first customer. 

GIurfw-XIAESd_2.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

The World Car of the Year finalists are all electric and are all available to buy in Thailand.

The BYD Seal, the Volvo EX30 and the Kia EV9 

The EVangelists are truly committed to find new tools to dig the hole 🕳 of lies even deeper.

The world 🌎 car of the year in the electric category are all electric.  Doh! What a surprise 😮

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Car_Awards#:~:text=The World Car Awards (also,automotive journalists from 30 countries.

Screenshot_20240317_111312_Chrome.jpg

European Car of the year 2024

The Renault Scenic E-Tech has achieved first place thanks to 329 votes obtained. For 22 Jurors, this SUV has been chosen as the best of the seven finalists.

The BMW 5-Series, second, has been close to Renault Scenic, with a total of 308 votes and 19 best votes, followed by the new Peugeot 3008, third, with 197 and 3 best votes. The rest of the finalist for the award were Kia EV9 (190 points), Volvo EX30 (168), BYD Seal (131) and Toyota C-HR (127).

https://www.caroftheyear.org/index.php

33 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Sorry to break it to you, but your type of vehicle is going the way of the animals that made the oil they use.

The question is "Are you going to be one too?"

See the light, go EV!

Sorry to break it to you but oil was not made from dinosaurs. That is one of those silly statements that only gullible fools believe.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

38 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Sorry to break it to you, but your type of vehicle is going the way of the animals that made the oil they use.

The question is "Are you going to be one too?"

See the light, go EV!

Just keep digging, you are in EV hell now, but if you are lucky you will hit paydirt, discover oil 🛢 and come out on the other side and get yourself a nice V8.

• Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

Sorry to break it to you but oil was not made from dinosaurs. That is one of those silly statements that only gullible fools believe.

Now you're spoiling my fun, I loved the Dinosaur analogy.

40 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Just keep digging, you are in EV hell now, but if you are lucky you will hit paydirt, discover oil 🛢 and come out on the other side and get yourself a nice V8.

I vaguely remember V8's and other cars fueled by oil, weren't they popular last century?

I loved the noisy cabins, the vibration that made you tired after a long drive, the harshness of the engine, all those moving parts that often broke down, their pedestrian pace, their inefficiency.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Now you're spoiling my fun, I loved the Dinosaur analogy.

I vaguely remember V8's and other cars fueled by oil, weren't they popular last century?

I loved the noisy cabins, the vibration that made you tired after a long drive, the harshness of the engine, all those moving parts that often broke down, their pedestrian pace, their inefficiency.

A training video from the EV academy has been leaked.

• Haha 1

Mind blowing how quick these EVs are. Must be really satisfying getting out of a hairy situation with the slightest tap on the right peddle. Makes me look like a right turtle in my Toyota sedan.

Edited by Bassosa
  • Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

Mind blowing how quick these EVs are. Must be really satisfying getting out of a hairy situation with the slightest tap on the right peddle. Makes me look like a right turtle in my Toyota sedan.

They are stunningly quick, when you're overtaking you're usually off the throttle part way through the maneuver and sometimes even breaking part way through the maneuver.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The second-hand leccy car market has fallen through the floor in the UK.

Is the used market still strong here?

I just sold an MG EP+, I could have sold it 3 times over.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

The second-hand leccy car market has fallen through the floor in the UK.

Best to watch this video to make sure you have your facts right.

Prices of second-hand cars are always compared to the list price of new cars despite the fact that nobody actually pays list prices.

In Thailand second hand prices for all cars seem inflated to me. Used Teslas being advertised above new price.

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale/tesla/thailand_bangkok-metropolitan?page_size=26&page_number=1&sort=price.desc

32 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Best to watch this video to make sure you have your facts right.

Prices of second-hand cars are always compared to the list price of new cars despite the fact that nobody actually pays list prices.

In Thailand second hand prices for all cars seem inflated to me. Used Teslas being advertised above new price.

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale/tesla/thailand_bangkok-metropolitan?page_size=26&page_number=1&sort=price.desc

A UK guy, bought a Porsche, and after two years is was worth; or rather the best off he was offered, was less than 30% of purchase price. He was posting because he still owed 68k on it.

Now considering that the actual batteries are such a big % of the car cost. when the car is a few years old, and the owner wishes to sell, who would buy it? Have to be give-a-way price to get shot.

Is there a leccy MG?

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

A UK guy, bought a Porsche, and after two years is was worth; or rather the best off he was offered, was less than 30% of purchase price. He was posting because he still owed 68k on it.

Now considering that the actual batteries are such a big % of the car cost. when the car is a few years old, and the owner wishes to sell, who would buy it? Have to be give-a-way price to get shot.

Is there a leccy MG?

If you do a search in one2car for all electric vehicles for sale by a private seller the results will show 3 Porsche cars

If you do a search in one2car for all fuel types for sale by private seller the results will show 797 vehicles

• Like 1