Electric Vehicles in Thailand

23 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

HEVs up

PHEVs down

BEV UP 🆙 🆙 ⬆️ 

IMG_2820.jpeg.b64f9229d522fcbb6543db93fa7ff5f5.jpeg.71714dcf251332f9ad8e24b0ea088f47.jpeg

Once again a misleading picture with no link and only show partial figures from January to October

• 92,962 hybrid electric passenger and patrol vehicles (HEVs), equivalent to 98 percent of sales of passenger cars and patrol vehicles, an increase of 60.41 percent from the same month last year.
  • 1,895 plug-in hybrid electric passenger and patrol vehicles (PHEVs), equivalent to 24 percent of total sales Decreased from the same month last year by 37.71 percent.
  • Passenger cars and electric passenger vehicles (BEVs) totaled 73,568 units, equivalent to 48 percent of total sales, an increase from the same month last year at 603.66 percent.
  •  
  • https://fti.or.th/2024/01/29/ส-อ-ท-เผยยอดส่งออกรถยนต์-2/
Edited by vinny41
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Yep, I no longer need a personal ride, just a convenience on standby is enough. No more Volvo, Merc, Pontiac, or Toyota.........🤭

Sorry you had to sell the truck.  If need any assistance, don't be shy ...

... we're here for, always happy to help ... :cheesy:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Toyota continues its love/hate relationship with EV’s by stepping up the schedule to produce a Hilux EV , possibly spurred on by pickup rival Isuzu preparing to reveal their EV pickup later this month..

https://electrek.co/2024/03/26/toyota-launch-all-electric-hilux-pickup-2025-fend-off-rivals/

Priced right, that could be game changer here, as locals love their trucks.  Some actually need them ... :coffee1:

An inexpensive EV pick-up truck would be probably welcome by some country folk.

VinFast CEO Reveals 4 New EV Models for Thai Market in 2024

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/28/vinfast-ceo-reveals-4-new-ev-models-for-thai-market-in-2024/

Vietnamese Automaker VinFast to Start Selling EVs in Thailand

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/27/vietnamese-automaker-vinfast-to-start-selling-evs-in-thailand/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Sorry you had to sell the truck.  If need any assistance, don't be shy ...

... we're here for, always happy to help ... :cheesy:

Don't be sorry, my truck at 11.5 years old, I deemed it time to move it on, though in your case, I would move your MG on, well before 11.5 years old.........:shock1:........😂

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Pib said:

Europe is being exposed to Chinese EVs at a very healthy rate....see below 27 Mar 2024 CNBC article...see link for full story....a partial quote also below.    I expect governments in both Europe and US will continue to be lobbied hard to stem the growth as the Chinese EV manufacturers can simply produce quality EVs at a lower cost than European/US manufacturing their EVs in Europe/the US.   

P.S.  Today in a trip to the mother-in-laws house my 5 month old BYD Atto reached the 10,000km point....other than a few very minor issues like experiencing some squeaking front brakes for about 20 minutes right after the EV had its 3 month/5,000km point in Dec 2023, an Infotainment system glitch right after an OTA update (the glitch was cleared by simply rebooting the Infotainment system), and "squeak" in the back seat when hitting certain bumps at certain speeds (the dealership fixed that in about an hour) the Atto has been a joy to drive.  Smooth, quiet, extremely fuel efficient...most any potential customer should like that.   European/US car manufacturers have very good reason to be afraid of Chinese EV manufacturers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/28/china-made-vehicles-will-make-up-a-quarter-of-europes-ev-sales-this-year.html

20% is still a far cry from the 97-98% market share Chinese EVs have in Thailand.

I assume the Chinese brands that are available in Europe is not the brand zoo we see here in Thailand.

The few Chinese brands that can stand the test of time against European 🇪🇺 consumer protection rights, would be the right choice of car, also here in Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

20% is still a far cry from the 97-98% market share Chinese EVs have in Thailand.

I assume the Chinese brands that are available in Europe is not the brand zoo we see here in Thailand.

The few Chinese brands that can stand the test of time against European 🇪🇺 consumer protection rights, would be the right choice of car, also here in Thailand. 

On the subject of Europe 🇪🇺. Interesting chart.

GJwFpg8XAAA7fMX.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

This explains why the majority of EVs are in the major cities. Wealth and EV ownership goes hand in hand.

You capitalistic greenish!

GJwHJViXQAAvH30.jpeg

I would have expected that even a dullard like yourself would comprehend that new car ownership is usually in lock step with having a full stomach.

To help you a bit, empty stomachs normally are less focused on buying ice or ev.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, HighPriority said:

I would have expected that even a dullard like yourself would comprehend that new car ownership is usually in lock step with having a full stomach.

To help you a bit, empty stomachs normally are less focused on buying ice or ev.

Could you explain what you are on about, please........:cowboy:

It's high priority...........:stoner:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

You’ll need to talk to your mate oily but maybe you two should smoke a little less 👍🏼

I don't know an "Oily", hmm, so you cannot translate your post, OK, no ploblem...🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pib said:

Europe is being exposed to Chinese EVs at a very healthy rate....see below 27 Mar 2024 CNBC article...see link for full story....a partial quote also below.    I expect governments in both Europe and US will continue to be lobbied hard to stem the growth as the Chinese EV manufacturers can simply produce quality EVs at a lower cost than European/US manufacturing their EVs in Europe/the US.   

P.S.  Today in a trip to the mother-in-laws house my 5 month old BYD Atto reached the 10,000km point....other than a few very minor issues like experiencing some squeaking front brakes for about 20 minutes right after the EV had its 3 month/5,000km point in Dec 2023, an Infotainment system glitch right after an OTA update (the glitch was cleared by simply rebooting the Infotainment system), and "squeak" in the back seat when hitting certain bumps at certain speeds (the dealership fixed that in about an hour) the Atto has been a joy to drive.  Smooth, quiet, extremely fuel efficient...most any potential customer should like that.   European/US car manufacturers have very good reason to be afraid of Chinese EV manufacturers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/28/china-made-vehicles-will-make-up-a-quarter-of-europes-ev-sales-this-year.html

18 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

i can imagine it is difficult for you to stay at the topic: Electric Vehicles in Thailand!! it is boring to see all your UK spam ...

btw, most people don't give a f... what happen in the UK ... 

As you can see @pib  posted about Europe is being exposed to Chinese EVs and I didn't see any complaints from you about his post and clearly he must be interested in what is happening to EV market share in Europe

And I noticed on this thread you made 2 posts about China which as far as I know is not part of Thailand and there is a further 207 posts on China 

Edited by vinny41
add
  • Like 1

BYD’s Quality Problems Hit International Markets: Report

In Thailand, where Chinese EVs have taken the domestic automotive market by storm, BYD’s quality issues seem to be mounting. Complaints of paint and plastic peeling have become public. Meanwhile, in Israel, BYD EVs are reported to have warped under the weight of roof racks.

https://insideevs.com/news/712148/byd-quality-problems-hit-international-markets/

Edited by vinny41
typo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

As you can see @pib  posted about Europe is being exposed to Chinese EVs and I didn't see any complaints from you about his post and clearly he must be interested in what is happening to EV market share in Europe

i think no-one would mind a few EV news from abroad, but you seems to do it exclusively ... it looks like an obsession  ...

just try to stay at the topic, thank you!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Where is Norway?

This article show % of Electric cars in Europe and market share for each country

Electric cars market share in Europe is 1.2%

The only European market in which electric cars have a very high market share is still Norway with 20.8 %, followed by Iceland (7.3 %) and Denmark and Sweden with 4.0 % each. Cyprus and Greece bring up the rear in terms of locally emission-free cars with 0.1% each.

https://uk.motor1.com/news/710991/car-numbers-european-roads-by-country/

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Nobody cares about market share by vehicles on the road, what we care about is what the EV percentage sales of new vehicles is.

We could have 100% sale of new vehicles being EV’s, and the market share would still be under 2%, clearly the 2% figure is a useless statistic.

Clearly the European Automobile Manufacturers' Association doesn't share your view and neither does the website and the journalist that published the article otherwise why would they published the figures if no one was interested in reading

• Like 1

Xiaomi SU7 was introduce with prices this evening, and they rock! Converted from Chinese prices to THB: 'official price in China for the starting model 1.16 million baht, and Pro and Max models will be 1.24 - 1.52 million baht. 50,000 orders in 27 minutes after accepting orders.

https://carnewschina.com/2024/03/28/xiaomi-su7-launched-with-830-km-range-starts-at-29900-usd/

• Thanks 1