Electric Vehicles in Thailand

21 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's on a whole new platform, yes? 

yes, you're right... i'm personally also interested in the changes to the interior, which might be similar to the new byd sealion 07.

"Underneath the Seal 07 EV is the new e-platform 3.0 Evo which has 800V architecture giving improved

charging efficiency and the car will support 240 kW fast charging. The e-platform 3.0 Evo debuted in May

with the Sea Lion 07. Highlights include a 12-in-1 electric drive system."

new byd sealion 07 interior:

20240802.thumb.png.c7f6f28b7c3b10fe1d3da1dd0bc25f93.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

yes, you're right... i'm personally also interested in the changes to the interior, which might be similar to the new byd sealion 07.

"Underneath the Seal 07 EV is the new e-platform 3.0 Evo which has 800V architecture giving improved

charging efficiency and the car will support 240 kW fast charging. The e-platform 3.0 Evo debuted in May

with the Sea Lion 07. Highlights include a 12-in-1 electric drive system."

new byd sealion 07 interior:

20240802.thumb.png.c7f6f28b7c3b10fe1d3da1dd0bc25f93.png

Nice! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

That's on a whole new platform, yes? 

BYD has started using cell-to-body techniques in production which I guess includes these new EV models. Would be interesting to know exactly how this has been implemented and does it make faulty battery replacement more difficult. 

There is much discussion around how this weight reducing method can make battery replacement difficult and is it the beginning of a true throw away vehicle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

BYD has started using cell-to-body techniques in production which I guess includes these new EV models. Would be interesting to know exactly how this has been implemented and does it make faulty battery replacement more difficult. 

There is much discussion around how this weight reducing method can make battery replacement difficult and is it the beginning of a true throw away vehicle.

The batteries last for twenty year, so never need replacing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

For most people yes absolutely.  But for your usual "facts" absolutely not.

You cannot come up with anything that I have presented as a fact that is untrue.

Facts are by definition, true. You are not an honest broker.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

The battery can still be removed in the unlikely event it needs work.

No doubt they can be replaced; but how much extra work does it involve compared to a regular self contained pack. Perhaps you have a link to the detail I cannot find or maybe share some insider info.

I follow the development of ICE and EV technology and would appreciate any detail on how manufactures plan to make batteries that are integrated into a vehicles frame serviceable. 

There are many body-in-white diagrams explaining the idea but no in depth detail about repair and service.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

The recipe for a throw away product.

for our fruit trader:

" .... companies specialize in giving a second life to car batteries, often referred to as "second-life" or "repurposed" batteries.

these companies take used electric vehicle (ev) batteries and repurpose them for various applications, such as energy

storage systems, backup power, and renewable energy integration ...."

20240802.thumb.png.86e5557ef9b0f9f629d6541353e07fb5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

for our fruit trader:

" .... companies specialize in giving a second life to car batteries, often referred to as "second-life" or "repurposed" batteries.

these companies take used electric vehicle (ev) batteries and repurpose them for various applications, such as energy

storage systems, backup power, and renewable energy integration ...."

20240802.thumb.png.86e5557ef9b0f9f629d6541353e07fb5.png

My comment "The recipe for a throw away product" is specifically targeted at cell-to-body production where battery replacement might not be cost effective.

If you read the past few posts beginning with new BYD vehicles, the subject flow is quite easy to follow.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

My comment "The recipe for a throw away product" is specifically targeted at cell-to-body production where battery replacement might not be cost effective.

If you read the past few posts beginning with new BYD vehicles, the subject flow is quite easy to follow.   

a cell to body car battery will be recycled as well, so why do you think it won't be cost effective?

if you google it by yourself (it is not too difficult), the subject is quite easy to follow!  :thumbsup:

Edited by motdaeng
add text
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

a cell to body car battery will be recycled as well, so why do you think it won't be cost effective?

if you google it by yourself (it is not too difficult), the subject is quite easy to follow!  :thumbsup:

I told you to follow the subject in a previous post, if you had listened; there would have been no need for you to make such ridiculous post.

Having said that, please let me know if you are having difficulty keeping up or struggling with the technical side and I will make exceptions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

The batteries last for twenty year, so never need replacing. 

In the USA Nissan has chosen to buy back Nissan Leafs where the battery has degraded battery under warranty. more than the limit set in the owners manual

Not sure why they are buying  back instead of replacing the battery but from what i have read the buyback offers have been quite generous

as for batteries lasting twenty years I have seen a single manufacturer claim that and as far as i know I haven't seen a single manufacturer offering a 20 year battery warranty

• Haha 1

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

Have you seen any ICE automaker offering a 20 year warranty?

An ICE ride can be repaired, rebuilt at any age, an older EV with a stuffed battery is scrap......🤗 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Have you seen any ICE automaker offering a 20 year warranty?

And you never will as ICE batteries are known as consumables as they are expected to degraded over a number of years some battery manufacturers do offer a 5 year warranty

• Like 1

And you know this how?

ICE’s degrade too, power drops off with use and they need rebuilding.

I was referring to the actual car, nobody is going to buy the drive battery for an old EV....🤗

• Like 1

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

And you know this how?

So, you would spend a huge amount of money for the EV battery on an old car....?

Weeell, I guess you would..........🤭

Any ICE car or engine can be rebuilt, and a great hobby.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, transam said:

So, you would spend a huge amount of money for the EV battery on an old car....?

Weeell, I guess you would..........🤭

Any ICE car or engine can be rebuilt, and a great hobby.....:thumbsup:

You’re assuming it’s a huge amount of money, dangerous to AssUMe, you know what happens when you do…..

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

You’re assuming it’s a huge amount of money, dangerous to AssUMe, you know what happens when you do…..

From the reports, etc they are very expensive, but of course you are one of those who will not take the risk or even think about it because you change rides frequently, which is very different for many car buyers whose Toyota ICE will go on and on...😉