Electric Vehicles in Thailand

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Just drove by my BYD dealership here in western Bangkok (where I got my Atto)....an 8 vehicle carrier was parked in front unloading.  6 vehicles were still on the carrier...all Seals.....4 white, 1 blue, 1 black.

Wonder if there has been a new shipment or if they are being released from the docks very slowly .

Seen adverts for 8 Seals near me today on FB.

3 x Black in Rangsit 

1 x Black + 1 x Grey in Phra in ( Ayutthaya )

1 x Black + 1 x White + 1 x Blue in Ang Thong

All Performance models.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Wonder if there has been a new shipment or if they are being released from the docks very slowly .

Seen adverts for 8 Seals near me today on FB.

3 x Black in Rangsit 

1 x Black + 1 x Grey in Phra in ( Ayutthaya )

1 x Black + 1 x White + 1 x Blue in Ang Thong

All Performance models.

We put down a deposit on a White Seal Premium on September 29th (They released the price info at 6pm on Sept 28th)

Was told will get in October or early November. Called the sales girl this morning and she didn’t know when the next premium would arrive. 

Ask if the Q for performance was any shorter 

“we have a white performance at the showroom now if you want it” 🤔

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

We put down a deposit on a White Seal Premium on September 29th (They released the price info at 6pm on Sept 28th)

Was told will get in October or early November. Called the sales girl this morning and she didn’t know when the next premium would arrive. 

Ask if the Q for performance was any shorter 

“we have a white performance at the showroom now if you want it” 🤔

Yes, my local showroom has a Grey ( my chosen colour) Performance ready to deliver.

Am feeling the pressure 😢

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, macahoom said:

Come on you guys. Stop messing' about.

Get the Peformance. Life's too short!

You're gonna love it.

Phom jon mak mak ... 😭

... besides, I can only drive 1 car at a time 😎

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Phom jon mak mak ... 😭

... besides, I can only drive 1 car at a time 😎

Sorry don’t know what “Phom jon mak mak” means. My Thai girlfriend can’t figure it out either.

Regardless, my comment was directed at @Andrew Dwyer and @Bandersnatch who both have Premiums on order but are both tempted to buy the Performance as it’s available for immediate handover.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, macahoom said:

my comment was directed at @Andrew Dwyer and @Bandersnatch who both have Premiums on order but are both tempted to buy the Performance

Apparently the deal could be approved if I could buy a nice handbag to go in the space under the drive selector. Unfortunately the handbag has to accommodate an iPhone, the one that’s as big as a surfboard.

IMG_2557.jpeg.d4de5cf0277cab03e4a2b7f9fc36ad21.jpeg

• Haha 2

EV subsidies in Thailand to be continued but at a greatly reduced level

For the EV 3.5 measure, the Thai government will provide subsidies for electric cars, electric pickup trucks, and electric motorcycles. By type of car and battery size as follows

1. In the case of electric cars priced no more than 2 million baht with a battery size of more than 50 kWh, they will receive a subsidy between 50,000 - 100,000 baht/car. For a battery size of less than 50 kWh, they will receive a subsidy between 20,000 - 50,000 baht/car.

2. In the case of electric pickup trucks priced not more than 2 million baht with a battery capacity of 50 kWh or more, they will receive a subsidy between 50,000 - 100,000 baht/vehicle.  

3. In the case of electric motorcycles priced no more than 150,000 baht with a battery size of more than 3 kWh, they will receive a subsidy between 5,000 - 10,000 baht/bike.

https://www.posttoday.com/business/701455

• Thanks 1

REVERSHARGER x BYD Showroom is open today for the first 5 stations!!

REVERSHARGER has expanded its electric charging stations at Showroom BYD service centers nationwide to provide special privileges and convenience for all customers. Both BYD customers and customers of other car brands who have the REVERSHARGER application on their mobile phones 

Open 24 hours a day

Service fee 8 baht/kilowatt.

1.BYD Review Automotive Rama 9

2.BYD Review Automotive Rama 2

3.BYD Spyder Group Petchakasem

4.BYD Chonburi Group Pattaya

5.BYD Dream car Group Rayong

For REVERSHARGER customers and BYD customers, get ready to meet a new station opening, possibly a SHOWROOM near you, soon!!

Download REVERSHARGER Mobile Application at

App Store

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/reversharger/id1492566430

BYD Buriram had the DC charger but not operational yet.

IMG_2051.thumb.jpeg.ad929ce5aa817070645c5859b22e20ff.thumb.jpeg.f8dcab3bdcf348a4e82e0a078b18c573.jpeg

IMG_2559.thumb.jpeg.d4437919d22ca30599ef3c1cf8e2b69b.jpeg

Edited by Bandersnatch

3 minutes ago, Peciacake said:

What are BYD like compared with MG when it comes to home charging P?

They both give a free wall charger and installation. MG uses Prime to do the installation and they don't like(understand) Solar. 

BYD uses a different company (name escapes me currently) and I was assured by the dealer that having solar was not a problem. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Peciacake said:

What are BYD like compared with MG when it comes to home charging P?

I think the same on single phase, maybe faster on 3 phase, i’m sure someone who’s read the manual will confirm if they charge at 11 kW on three phase?

I think MG is 7.2Kw regardless.

anyone who has an MG can also charge their BYD cars at all the MG stations on high-speed DC

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

I think the same on single phase, maybe faster on 3 phase, i’m sure someone who’s read the manual will confirm if they charge at 11 kW on three phase?

I think MG is 7.2Kw regardless.

anyone who has an MG can also charge their BYD cars at all the MG stations on high-speed DC

MainSpecificationsBYDSEAL.thumb.jpg.0f62b99781e08a12245a6b2abb0525a7.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

I asked my MG dealer and they said I needed an MG card that costs ฿1,500

You can use your iSMART App by scanning the QR code on the DC charger, it thinks all cars charging DC are MG’s (I tried it with another brand of EV and it worked perfectly, we don’t have any cards).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

I asked my MG dealer and they said I needed an MG card that costs ฿1,500

We went round this loop with our dealer before getting the 2nd MG. The card was a lot cheaper than that, they had to order it from MG and when we came they spent an hour on the phone to HQ trying to get it to work, in the end they refunded us.

When we took delivery of our 2nd MG I tried my non-MG car in the DC Charger, the salesperson said I was wasting my time and it wouldn’t work, but it worked like a charm.

MG DC Chargers are actually another well known network in Thailand, I forget which, the secret is on the plaque with the serial number on the charger.

Edited by JBChiangRai
Spellung
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

is the "free" byd wall charger also for 3 phase installation? 

From what I understand yes, here’s the info supplied by BYD.

[ABB 7kW Charger] Product Specification for BYD Seal.pdf

IMG_1627.thumb.jpeg.9a75748a5eef108de07d9019bbcfffbe.jpeg

Note: this is for Seal only, Atto 3 is a different charger.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Latest update on my White BYD Seal Premium Performance.

BYD Buriram are not sure if our car will be ready for collection today (paperwork) and tomorrow is an "Unlucky Day"  😠

Better wait till the 9th Nov ... hear that's a lucky #.

• Haha 1

And for the price of more than a few cars, you may even be able to get a 'Lucky 9' license plate.

"On December 10, 2022, the auction of 9กก group plates of Bangkok took place, and the new record was set at 45,090,000 baht (about US$1,300,000) for "9กก 9999 กรุงเทพมหานคร"

Edited by KhunLA