Ten young people returning from a late dinner injured after SUV driver crashes into road barriers in Pattaya

snoop1130

S__22863888-696x522.jpg

Ten young people have sustained various injuries after a Toyota Fortuner driver crashed into road barriers in the Pattaya area early this morning (April 21st), but luckily nobody was seriously injured or died despite heavy damage to their vehicle.

The Pattaya City Police was notified of the accident at 1:30 A.M. near Motorway 7 Section 5 in Nongprue.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the damaged white SUV and barriers on the roadway.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/21/ten-young-people-returning-from-a-late-dinner-injured-after-suv-driver-crashes-into-road-barriers-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

59 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Nice of the police not to charge anyone but this is also part of Thailand's road problems, was the driver tested for alcohol or drug consumption? with an accident of these proportions it should be mandatory.

I wonder if the police determined what speed they were doing and if they ever tried to stop? 

The driver was reportedly confused about the flow of traffic in Pattaya and not familiar with the area, causing him to crash into the road barriers at high speed.

Not a good combination. It could cause an accident. I know that, you know that but the driver didn't know that.

• Like 1

Considering the damage to the car, they should all be very thankful. Perhaps it might be appropriate after an accident like this, to test the driving skills of the driver? Does he have any? Was he half blind from booze? Typically, when I see road barriers on a highway, the first thing I do is slow down, to have a better look. What did he do? 

• Like 2

Lucky the SUV was packed no room to be toss around to do more damage but a generalization a bunch of kids out for dinner?  No drinking hard for me to believe with so many no one says a word or checks the driver the reason for the accident is on the list like brake failure but of course this is Thailand and being said nothing noted by police about blood test for driver no one hurt but themselves therefore Case close no charges happy they didn't hurt incident bystanders.

• Confused 1

'Pattaya Police have declined to place any legal charges in terms of the accident'.  Nothing in it for them except lots of paperwork none of it brown.

Will a Thai Insurance company pay out if the driver exceeds the legal number of passengers?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Considering the damage to the car, they should all be very thankful. Perhaps it might be appropriate after an accident like this, to test the driving skills of the driver? Does he have any? Was he half blind from booze? Typically, when I see road barriers on a highway, the first thing I do is slow down, to have a better look. What did he do? 

There are 2 possibilities, slow down, or speeding up, he make choice for the Thai version.

Edited by Tubulat

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Nice of the police not to charge anyone but this is also part of Thailand's road problems, was the driver tested for alcohol or drug consumption? with an accident of these proportions it should be mandatory.

From other articles I have read recently, drug and and alcohol tests are mandatory following accidents and I'm sure the circumstances of the one would surely pique the interest of the police.

Charging does not have to take place immediately. Just as in any other country, gather the evidence first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Still trying to work out which of the 10 was driving

Follow the link, it's always best before hitting the keyboard.

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A published link is always a better reference than a Thaivisa poster's Thai-bashing first "thoughts".

Neh, most of the time life experience and modeling the ingredients brings you closer to the truth. And can you pls tell me where the Thai bashing comes in????

Edited by peter zwart
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps it might be appropriate after an accident like this, to test the driving skills of the driver? Does he have any? Was he half blind from booze?

Perhaps it may be appropriate after a post like that to test the reading skills of the author?  Does he have any?  Was he half blind from booze unlike the Fortuner driver who, as confirmed by the police, wasn't?!

Possibly connected, and since no one was seriously hurt...  I wonder who will pay for the replacement of the barrier though.

It is nice that kids are allowed to get away with so much in Thailand, kind of.  Certainly less chance of a youthful infraction ruining a whole life.  I wonder how many average people get away with serous crimes but are part of the group calling for more accountability for the government, though.

As with complaints about corruption, there seems to be a little hypocrisy at play.

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Again, do you think that the article states that they were not drunk or on drugs?  I've read it several times and cannot see anything claiming that.

Can you quote the section that you think means that?  Maybe we can help you understand it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1