Couple arrested in Chonburi for allegedly producing contaminated sausages and food

webfact

The problem is most likely to have been excessive addition of  sodium nitrate as a preservative. "Pink Salt" as used to cure ham etc.  The cheap meat products sold in many places are likely to have that or borax present which is why I never by them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I wonder what they were bulking the produce with - I probably don't want to know 

something pretty vile 

Probably a few days old poorly kept rice,  and the protein allowed to bake in high temperatures.

3 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

The problem is most likely to have been excessive addition of  sodium nitrate as a preservative. "Pink Salt" as used to cure ham etc.  The cheap meat products sold in many places are likely to have that or borax present which is why I never by them.

I use borax to kill roaches. Very effective long term solution 

Edited by whereyougo

5 hours ago, smedly said:

I wonder what they were bulking the produce with - I probably don't want to know 

something pretty vile 

Sausages often use nitrates in tiny quantities as a preservative, too much can cause methemoglobinemia

Here's a link with far more details on this problem https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40013361

The only question is - how common is this? Based on the above link - it's pretty common.

Just now, RichardColeman said:

If they do do porridge, you better hope they are not working in the kitchens !

Now that would not surprise me , ' So you are here for making foul/fowl sausages , how would you like a job in the kitchens ?'  Would thin the inmates out in no time.