Best/Favorite coffeeshops? Best for Digital Nomads?

JimmyJ

Looking for ones in Santitham and nearby - Nimman/Old City.

Serving iced Cappuccino without any condensed milk or whipping cream.

Comfortable padded/cushioned chairs, air conditioned, lots of electrical outlets, music very low or better yet none.

In these Covid times, decent sized room(s) - not small room with a few small tables squeezed in where people seated on top of each other.

Recommendations appreciated.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 1:10 PM, JeffersLos said:

What work are you doing? 

On 4/27/2022 at 12:37 PM, JimmyJ said:

Looking for ones in Santitham and nearby - Nimman/Old City.

Serving iced Cappuccino without any condensed milk or whipping cream.

Comfortable padded/cushioned chairs, air conditioned, lots of electrical outlets, music very low or better yet none.

In these Covid times, decent sized room(s) - not small room with a few small tables squeezed in where people seated on top of each other.

That clearly sounds like an influencer ???? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Several years back I was in a bigger starbucks in Bkk. A farang girl, maybe  21 - 23 yrs old, dressed like a hippie was rudely interupting customers at the tables with her spiel:

- "The gov't says everybody has to have an e.mail account, a personal website, and a facebook and twitter page. I can help you achieve all of that for xxxBaht, who wants to be first?"

She got no takers and went to every table with customers, no takers.

A Thai female colleague (speaks perfect English, a bit outspoken, no pushover) was with me, she looked at the farang girl and said "which government is that, I know it's not the Thai gov't?"

Farang girl is shocked, then says "US gov't".

Thai lady says "I just got back 2 months ago from 4 years in the US, that's not true", and she tellls the farang girl to move along.

Farang girl disappaeared out the door quick smart. 

That reminds me of one of those [insert nationality] guys who walks around and looks in your eyes and tells you "I can see you are a lucky man". I was in a coffee shop a couple of years ago and he walked to the first table with that game and then the next table and then he came to my table. I told him very loud F@$# OFF! One second silence in the room, then applause for my comment and a few seconds later he was gone.

Sometimes it's really not necessary to use so many words. ???? 

• Haha 2

On 4/27/2022 at 11:06 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of one of those [insert nationality] guys who walks around and looks in your eyes and tells you "I can see you are a lucky man". I was in a coffee shop a couple of years ago and he walked to the first table with that game and then the next table and then he came to my table. I told him very loud F@$# OFF! One second silence in the room, then applause for my comment and a few seconds later he was gone.

Sometimes it's really not necessary to use so many words. ???? 

I don't know how people have the nerve to do such a thing.  I try to live a quite and undramatic life, especially not to bother anyone.  I can't stand noisy people so I keep a low profile in return and gravitate to quite, peaceful and relaxing places, especially when it comes to cafes.

• Like 2

Try C.A.M.P. (Creative And Meeting Place) hangout cafe, it's on the top floor of Maya mall in Nimman.    It seems geared to exactly what you are looking for.  I went there once before the pandemic and it was not what I expected, but it was new, clean, and comfortable with places to spread out plus nooks and crannies for screen privacy, aircon and many electrical outlets.  It was crowded but not noisy.   Not many foreigners on that one occasion.   Plus being in a mall there is a large food court nearby and numerous places to walk and stretch your legs.  Also easy to catch a trike near the mall entrance.   

I recall that there was an issue getting two devices online with only one login credential - I had a laptop but wanted a wifi connection for my phone also.  Probably that could have been sorted out but I was only there for an hour or so to check out the vibe, so didn't bother. 

As for their menu I have no idea, I had black coffee and it was quite good and strong. 

Edited by ChrisP24
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, asiacurious said:

One time you briefly met one who seemed okay.

? OR ?

One time you met one who briefly seemed okay.

well both

did you have some reason to ask other than an attempt to be clever?

Digital nomads - don't make me laugh...  Is that what you tell the girls (you're a modern day Kung-<deleted>), wondering day to day.... wherever I lay my hat that's my home etc..

Scroungers - I wouldn't be so choosy & take what you can get...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 12:35 AM, ChrisP24 said:

Try C.A.M.P. (Creative And Meeting Place) hangout cafe, it's on the top floor of Maya mall in Nimman.    It seems geared to exactly what you are looking for.  I went there once before the pandemic and it was not what I expected, but it was new, clean, and comfortable with places to spread out plus nooks and crannies for screen privacy, aircon and many electrical outlets.  It was crowded but not noisy.   Not many foreigners on that one occasion.   Plus being in a mall there is a large food court nearby and numerous places to walk and stretch your legs.  Also easy to catch a trike near the mall entrance.   

I recall that there was an issue getting two devices online with only one login credential - I had a laptop but wanted a wifi connection for my phone also.  Probably that could have been sorted out but I was only there for an hour or so to check out the vibe, so didn't bother. 

As for their menu I have no idea, I had black coffee and it was quite good and strong. 

Thank you for the suggestion/informative and helpful post (amidst much muppet thread noise).

Didn't work for me (coffee; seat comfort) - will probably give  it a 2nd try - but wondering if you have any other suggestions as you understood what I am looking for.

Edited by JimmyJ