Officials Reveal Thailand Pass Could End by June

webfact

4 hours ago, islandor said:

I think we covered this yesterday with Anutin's proclamation on the issue... Just another lackey spouting the same thing... hoping for an easier way to control the masses while trying to divide us.

Am I the only one sick of mandates and governments' trying to control us? 

Erm, it is an announcement about doing away with restrictions...........but that's the government controlling us, righty ho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean heavens forbid that you could just show your vaccination credential on arrival. Not that it even matters.

Guess 3 Sinovac shots over a year ago means you're all set!

This is just pure garbage at this point.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

IMHO the world doesn't care about Thailand or the general.

You miss my meaning , the business world is indeed  present here in Thailand .

And them foreign  businesses do indeed exert pressure on the Thai government as they employ many people and pay taxes. 

Hotel owners , car manufacturers etc.

World business does indeed care about Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, itsari said:

You miss my meaning , the business world is indeed  present here in Thailand .

And them foreign  businesses do indeed exert pressure on the Thai government as they employ many people and pay taxes. 

Hotel owners , car manufacturers etc.

World business does indeed care about Thailand.

Not really. Foreign business just like Thai businesses are here to make a profit. If a foreign business can make a better profit in the longer term they will move to a safer and more democratic country, one which is more stable as that is better for business.

Thailand used to make a large amount of its GDP, perhaps 15 to 2-% as a rough figure, from tourism. It used to employ literally millions of people from girls working in bars, massage, right down to the child selling flowers in the bar. Most of which is gone now.

Wil it ever come back? Perhaps but slowly and in patches, but I don't think it will ever get back to what it was, especially under the current government.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

if the “Thailand Pass” is to be scrapped, tourists who are to visit Thailand must have received at least three doses of vaccine.

They just can not break away from overbearing restriction on foreigners no matter what.

They have undermined the whole of the tourist industry for the last 2.5 years using the excuse that they are trying to prevent the Thais from getting Covid whilst targeting a country for tourists where the population who work in the factories and can afford to take holidays is currently awash with Covid and entire cities of more than 25,000,000 are being forced into lockdown, no other country that I am aware of is currently using lockdown , only China.

Only China knows which Covid variant it is, but one thing you can be sure of, it is not Omicron, because that does not necessitate lockdown.

Yes the Government can say it is the same for everybody regarding amount of vaccines one has but the Chinese are using a vaccine that has been scientifically proven to be largely less than useless and transmission rates are sky high. So why target them??

The logic simply does not add up, unlessI am missing something..

• Like 1

Might I suggest that one way to reduce the workload on Immigration staff is to make a 90 day Tourist Visa good for 90 days and not 60 days with the necessity for tourists to waste a day at Immigration to get a 30 day extension. This achieves absolutely nothing, other than extra inconvenience and work for everybody. Many tourists who would otherwise spend their money for another month in Thailand simply move on to other nearby countries and spend it there instead.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Phiphat quoted Anutin as saying that, if the “Thailand Pass” is to be scrapped, tourists who are to visit Thailand must have received at least three doses of vaccine.

And another non-sense ????

Johnson is one shot.

Booster is 3 month after last shot i think.

Recovered need only one extra shot right now.

And what the point between scrapping TP and increasing the mandatory shots ?...

To say the least...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

And another non-sense ????

Johnson is one shot.

Booster is 3 month after last shot i think.

Recovered need only one extra shot right now.

And what the point between scrapping TP and increasing the mandatory shots ?...

To say the least...

You  lose protection months after,  get your quarterly boosters like a good boy.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

So we’re going from unvaccinated tourists having to quarantine to unvaccinated tourists being completely barred from entry? What kind of bs is this? 

You need to re-read the new requirements. Un vaccinated tourists have been accommodated.......stop spreading fake news.

21 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not really. Foreign business just like Thai businesses are here to make a profit. If a foreign business can make a better profit in the longer term they will move to a safer and more democratic country, one which is more stable as that is better for business.

Thailand used to make a large amount of its GDP, perhaps 15 to 2-% as a rough figure, from tourism. It used to employ literally millions of people from girls working in bars, massage, right down to the child selling flowers in the bar. Most of which is gone now.

Wil it ever come back? Perhaps but slowly and in patches, but I don't think it will ever get back to what it was, especially under the current government.

"but I don't think it will ever get back to what it was, especially under the current government."

True, these soldiers are nothing more than a bunch of poorly educated illiterates, only ruling this country backed up by guns.

• Like 1