Anyone get a Covid extension recently?

Curious if anyone has gotten a covid extension recently? I was told it was extended to May 24th, curious if anyone has gotten one after March 25th, after receiving some in the past.

I have been getting them since September, I think it would be my 5th extension if I was able to get another one, and you can only go 2 weeks before your current visa expires?

20 minutes ago, dj230 said:

, and you can only go 2 weeks before your current visa expires?

That's sorta the recommendation however many reports of obtaining earlier that 2 weeks prior.

30 days would be pushing it however was obtained close to pervious "cut off" dates. 

I know someone who recently got an extension when they had nearly a full month left on their current extension.  They wanted to tour around the country and the speed at which they were going to travel depended on whether they would have a month or 3 months left.

Plus, they didn't want to be bothered with dealing with an IO in a province they weren't familiar with in the middle of their trip.

They went in, got the extension, and left the IO with almost 90 days total extension.

• Like 1

I was approved in Buriram for a 1 year retirement extension-O. My approval was considered and it went to BK. I returned 30 days later. Was told that I now had a 90 day extension and when I return I would be granted my 1 yr. I already paid the 2000 Baht?

Seems convoluted and not something I have seen before? Any thoughts?

• Like 1

What is the current cut off date for the COVID extensions?

Curious if i can eke out one more or if it is time to travel and renew the Non O on basis of thai child. Im told Phnom penh is open for business, though they were never a great option to begin with and it would mean a week in Cambodia

2 hours ago, asiacurious said:

I know someone who recently got an extension when they had nearly a full month left on their current extension.  They wanted to tour around the country and the speed at which they were going to travel depended on whether they would have a month or 3 months left.

Plus, they didn't want to be bothered with dealing with an IO in a province they weren't familiar with in the middle of their trip.

They went in, got the extension, and left the IO with almost 90 days total extension.

It won't happen this time around. Multiple reports of a 30-day Under Consideration stamp for Bangkok applications.  Haven't heard any new reports that differ from this. ???? 

40 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

It won't happen this time around. Multiple reports of a 30-day Under Consideration stamp for Bangkok applications.  Haven't heard any new reports that differ from this. ???? 

For CW Immigration?  I've only been reading reports here of UC stamps at other locations for non-Covid extensions, but not at CW for Covid extensions.  Not saying CW isn't doing that now, but I just haven't read or heard of it happening.  Could you point me to some of those reports so I can correct my understanding?

8 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Good question!  I been getting them since the beginning.   I been here 26 months, and by the time 25 May comes around  it will be 27 months.  I would like to make it to the 30 month mark.

Love it- Good luck brother ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, konaboy said:

I was approved in Buriram for a 1 year retirement extension-O. My approval was considered and it went to BK. I returned 30 days later. Was told that I now had a 90 day extension and when I return I would be granted my 1 yr. I already paid the 2000 Baht?

You did not apply for a one-year retirement extension. You applied for a Non O visa at immigration (you were previously on a tourist entry/visa exempt tourist entry). The Non O visa gives you an initial 90-day stay. When you go back to apply for a one-year extension, you will need to pay 1,900 baht. Immigration cannot give you a one-year extension when you are in Thailand as a tourist. All this is standard. Take a careful look at the stamps in your passport. Together with my explanation, hopefully all will become clear.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, konaboy said:

That is the way you do it you get a 90 day visa and then go in a month before it expires and apply for a one year extension

• Like 1

Just got a Covid extension yesterday at Chonburi.  Tried to apply 2 weeks ago and they said "You come back on 28!".  OK, I came back on the 28th and got in line at 8AM.  I submitted the paperwork at the front booth, they gave me a number and told me "You come back at 1PM!".  Marvelous.  So I come back at 1PM and used the number ticket to get through the doors and not wait in line again in the roasting heat.  After a short wait my number comes up and I pay the fee and they take my passport.  Then they say "You go sit down!".  After a few minutes more an officer at the window beside the first waves me up and gives me my passport stamped with the extension.  Fantastic, I won't have to come back to pick up my passport the next day.  But then I notice that the extension expires on May 26!  Not even 30 days!  And it doesn't say "Under Consideration" either.  So I asked the lady in the front booth and she says I need to come back on May 26th to get stamped for the remainder.  But it won't cost me any more money.  And I don't have to come inside, I can get it stamped outside at the passport table.  I have no idea what this voodoo is all about.  I guess it makes sense to them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Got one on non-o visa yesterday, my 12th covid extension ! thank you virus !

Very lucky. Before I got my Elite Visa, I had one agent check with multiple immigration offices and none of them would do it because I had a Non-O a few years ago before the COVID extensions were a thing. I feel much better now anyway knowing I can come and go as I please with no hassle. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Masterton said:

Can someone confirm whether one applies for the covid extension at CW or at the new temp place at IT Square Laksi ?

If you entered visa exempt it is done at Laksi.

If on a tourist visa and etc it is done at Chaeng Wattana.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, anymajordude said:

They're strict about only being able to get an extension less than 2 weeks in advance.  I tried to get an extension at IT Laksi in Bangkok last week (my current stamp is valid until 24 May) and was told to come back at a later date.

Thanks.  Did they say it must be exactly 2 weeks prior ? Or would 3 weeks be okay?

7 minutes ago, Masterton said:

@ubonjoe Sorry I forgot to ask, is there a different form to complete for a Covid Extension than for the normal 30 day version? And is it online somewhere to download or do I need to get it at Laksi?

Thanks ????

TM7 for extensions.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Masterton said:

Sorry I forgot to ask, is there a different form to complete for a Covid Extension than for the normal 30 day version?

You will use a TM7 form that is used for all extension applications.

They will also want this affidavit completed. 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 1138 downloads

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that. Wondering what people usually tick in the affidavit section because there aren't really any countries that are actually refusing entry to people or no flights available etc. Do they even check what boxes are ticked and question you about the choice or check up on this in any way ? Do we just tick those with a nod and a wink ? As with most other people, I just want to stay 60 days more instead of 30 to spend time with friends/family etc, is that a valid reason to put under "Other" or is it likely to get rejected ??

9 minutes ago, Masterton said:

Thanks for that. Wondering what people usually tick in the affidavit section because there aren't really any countries that are actually refusing entry to people or no flights available etc. 

Tick the first box based on "...or the pandemic situation of covid-19 is still ongoing"

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 4:57 PM, Letseng said:

Since when can you get Covid ext. on O visa? Hadn't this option ended in March?

They brought it back.

There was a one month period where we could not assist clients in that situation with covid extensions.