Preparations under way for resumption of on-site classes on May 17th

snoop1130

Screenshot-2022-05-04-6.40.08-PM.png

Thailand’s Education and Public Health ministries have adopted several measures in preparation for the resumption of on-site classes on May 17th at schools across the country, after almost two years of online learning due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Although numerous safety measures are in place, they are less restrictive than they were at the start of the pandemic, to reflect the changing situation which saw new COVID-19 infections and deaths steadily slowing after the Songkran holidays.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Pitutecha told a press conference today (Wednesday) that the ministries have adjusted learning and teaching methods to be in line with the COVID-19 situation and to enhance learning by students in a safe environment.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/preparations-under-way-for-resumption-of-on-site-classes-on-may-17th/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-05-04

- Pacific Prime offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

2 frigging years of online schooling.  The GFs daughter and all should start again where they stopped in person classes. Thailand has lost 2 years of education.

I don't think anyone will notice, do you ? ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't think anyone will notice, do you ? ????????

Nope, it has and always will be, pass them up to the next level or until they stop going at 12, then put them to work on the fields or shops until old enough to he put on their backs to make money for mama and papa. For whatever reason education seems not to be important in this country, many do not even know their cou tries history nor have they visited the true historical sites.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

On a more serious note, I'll be happy when the 17th gets here, the noisy brat next door won't be around for most of the day and hopefully have homework to do instead of being a royal PITA all day screaming and making a right racket from dawn till dusk, sorry if I come across as an old grumpy bar steward but it's been too long and the parents seem to be deaf.

• Like 1

I assume that the teachers who have had to struggle on (just)  their  full salaries during the closures will be happy to return too, in order to recommence the usual supplementary salary enhancement schemes

Amazed that classes are only just beginning.

Hard to think of many other countries where the children have been absent from school for so long.

Malaysia which is very conservative on the pandemic has had full schooling for 6 months and during the second half of 2021 it had senior classes back.

One of the problems faced in Malaysia was the lack of technology for online learning faced by many families. They simply could not afford multiple mobile phones let alone laptops. The Govt gave out some free data allowance which helped but it was less than ideal to say the least.

Good to see the kids back...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

On a more serious note, I'll be happy when the 17th gets here, the noisy brat next door won't be around for most of the day and hopefully have homework to do instead of being a royal PITA all day screaming and making a right racket from dawn till dusk, sorry if I come across as an old grumpy bar steward but it's been too long and the parents seem to be deaf.

At least children sleep at night... my neighbour's dogs are insomniacs!

Edited by jacko45k