Thai tourism officials and private sector buoyant after Test and Go is scrapped and tourists flood in

webfact

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Notice how since the bragging on the 1st day, there have been no reports on daily arrivals? 

They should report them on a daily basis like covid infections?

Here are today's arrivals for Phuket. There are 51 arrivals, that's quite a lot I would think and certainly justifies the article's premise and headline.

https://www.phuketairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Visiting Pattaya  recently I was struck by how busy some areas were notably Soi Buakhao, LK Metro,  Soi Lenkee absolutely  booming. They were as bysy as high season. Kasetsin Soi 11 has 5 new very large hi so Thai  restaurants all busy as is Soi 5 Pratumnak and Thai  traditional BBQ places and at the bank holiday weekend roads were jammed. Jomtien  beach Rd is busy  too and Dongtan  beach. It's  all very different  from this time last year

For the peoples sake, that's good to hear, but the world has changed, Thailand's leadership are determined Thailand cannot and will not change. Two seemingly unrelated issues on a collision course.

If you though Covid was bad wait for the coming crash, that's not going to revive much, and could easily lead to armed struggle as people go hungry and some talented rebel harnesses the discontent.

China won't be let loose until Xi is gone. And they're heading towards economic disaster at a rate of knots anyway. 

This is the lull before the party-sized guac dip hitting the fan. Mark my words.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chalawaan said:

For the peoples sake, that's good to hear, but the world has changed, Thailand's leadership are determined Thailand cannot and will not change. Two seemingly unrelated issues on a collision course.

If you though Covid was bad wait for the coming crash, that's not going to revive much, and could easily lead to armed struggle as people go hungry and some talented rebel harnesses the discontent.

China won't be let loose until Xi is gone. And they're heading towards economic disaster at a rate of knots anyway. 

This is the lull before the party-sized guac dip hitting the fan. Mark my words.

Berlin in the 30s. People like  to party

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Notice how since the bragging on the 1st day, there have been no reports on daily arrivals? 

Bragging? But anyway who reads such stuff? Where is it published? I only ever hear about it on this forum from the naysayers and depressed Thai haters..LOL

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, ozimoron said:

They should report them on a daily basis like covid infections?

Here are today's arrivals for Phuket. There are 51 arrivals, that's quite a lot I would think and certainly justifies the article's premise and headline.

https://www.phuketairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

No need to report daily. But, when they make such a big deal about the hugh number of 1st day arrivals, which is expected to be high, and then absolute radio silence, it does lead one to wonder. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1