Thailand Pass to End for Thai Returnees First

snoop1130

13 hours ago, chalawaan said:

The WHO gave this billionaire credit for Thailand's success. The same guy who presided over the local Astra Zeneca fiasco, and publicly wanted the real heroes, the Clinicians, whipped like Soi dogs, when he panicked like a teen-age groupie caught in the crush back in the Deltacron days. 

The WHO are a pack of self-serving political opportunists, who recognise an "old mate" when they see one!

A disgrace, all of them. 

The same  idiot who said "There's no going back," twice,  having opened things up,  and  then shutting them down again....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Public Health Minister proposes to end “Thailand Pass” registration-but at first only for Thai returnees

How about the Thai returnees that are bringing their falang husbands along? ????

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The key to that is they are returning to their own country.

British travelers returning to the UK were also afforded an easier passage to their homelands compared to foreigners seeking UK entry.

The same happened in Australia at one stage only citizens and those with permanent residency were allowed entry with some exemptions for sports people etc and those with connections !!

14 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

The only thing ThailandPass does is enforce an ongoing insurance scam, and last I checked, Thais have never needed to purchase supplemental COVID insurance to enter the kingdom. 

I still can't get a definitive answer; DO EXPATS with a re-entry permit + 800K in the bank need Covid Insurance when returning from a UK family visit?

12 hours ago, gearbox said:

Not really xenophobia...the Aussie government did the same thing, even worse. Just incompetence.

Yes and at two levels both Federal and State. 
Dan in Victoria leading the pack closely followed by WA and Queensland.

At one stage I think there were about 40,000 Australians stranded overseas. 

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I still can't get a definitive answer; DO EXPATS with a re-entry permit + 800K in the bank need Covid Insurance when returning from a UK family visit?

Of course you do...you won't get Thailand pass without insurance, and there is nothing to fill in about your visa status. Thailand pass doesn't care on what visa (or visa exempt) you enter.

Done this twice already.

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

And this has happened to how many foreigners? It would be economically more advantageous for the Thai government to pay for the treatment and of a few unfortunate covid-19 cases from tourists  than forego the huge revenues  lost because of artificial burdens which discourage people from travel to Thailand in the first place.

Maybe it could be advantageous, but I can't see this happening. To the best of my knowledge no country would treat and repatriate you for free. That's where the travel insurance comes in. Surely  hundreds of thousands of dollars are rare cases, and many people may take the risk of traveling without insurance...I've done this quite a few times. But it does happen, look at the gofundme threads here.

ra·cial
/ˈrāSHəl/

adjective: racial
  1. relating to the major groupings into which humankind is sometimes divided on the basis of physical characteristics or shared ancestry.

15 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

The only thing ThailandPass does is enforce an ongoing insurance scam, and last I checked, Thais have never needed to purchase supplemental COVID insurance to enter the kingdom. 

Insurance for foreigners may indeed be a scam but Thais already have free medical care. It ain't great insurance but it's built into the current system. If one of us gets ill, we can't use that medical system in the same way. External insurance is one way to be sure foreigners won't put a strain on an already marginal system.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Loving your country isn't hate.  The farang have this weird idea that Thais cannot have Thailand be for Thais.

Quite, foreigners are no where near as important as the majority would like to think.

This forum however provides a platform for them to voice that supremacy they crave.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Why not read the Thai Pass website?

Just now, sandyf said:

Why not read the Thai Pass website?

Been there.  Posted the same question on their FB page.  Still awaiting a response.  I was/am hoping expats are in a different category to tourists.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AlaskaDave said:

Insurance for foreigners may indeed be a scam but Thais already have free medical care. It ain't great insurance but it's built into the current system. If one of us gets ill, we can't use that medical system in the same way. External insurance is one way to be sure foreigners won't put a strain on an already marginal system.

Insurance worldwide can be said to be a scam, they will do everything they can to avoid paying out.

But why let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Been there.  Posted the same question on their FB page.  Still awaiting a response.  I was/am hoping expats are in a different category to tourists.

The website is quite clear and with nothing to suggest you are any different to anyone else, why would you think otherwise, self importance?

• Sad 1

I think that everyone should at least have some form of Insurance cover, regardless. Maybe not as much as they currently require for Covid, but if you run into health issues or have an accident while you are here, then you really should not expect the Thai government to help you. As someone has already rightly pointed out, the Thai's are covered under Social security etc. As they should be, it is their country.

I am defending this Knob by the way, just making a point.

7 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

This guy is a total looser and needs to crawl back under the rock in which he came from, god help us if he ever becomes PM of Amazing Thailand.

It will become Thai Stick Paradise if he does....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gearbox said:

Thais don't complain about this. Pretty much nobody in Samui wears a mask outside, but I was in Songkhla a few days ago and pretty much everyone was wearing a mask outside and everyone was looking strangely at me and my mate the only two without masks. Had a feeling they were enjoying wearing masks.

Yes,helps them hide their "misunderstandings" & B.S.

This level of cowardice, timidity, and science denial is to be expected from Anutin, who fails at everything he does, and cannot help but always choose to do the wrong thing. This is what a nation gets, when it selects from the bottom of the barrel. 

There is absolutely no justification for not scrapping the pass system, and Thailand just continues to shoot itself in the foot, when it comes to tourism. Other nations are getting a major head start, and Thailand will pay the price for it's hesitancy and stupidity, for years to come. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said that the fatality rate among COVID-19 cases was falling, the bed occupancy rate among them was only at about 20%,

20% of beds occupied by dead people?  Surely they should move them to the mortuary! :-)

I was forced to buy the LM Thailand insurance to get an extension of stay for my OA visa.  Could not leave Thailand easily to change to O visa. 

to my surprise I got heatstroke and had to go to the hospital to see a neurologist. I showed hospital my LM insurance.  When I checked out I paid 21 baht and LM paid the rest.  When I went back to the neurologist a second time I paid zero and LM paid the bill including prescriptions.   No claim forms no reimbursement just sign the bills at the hospital and LM took care of it. 

I have to say for all the bad you hear about health insurance companies, LM on the Thailand approved list actually does pay and makes it easy and most of the Bangkok hospitals are on their provider list.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1