Can tourists still pet tigers in Thailand, and where is closest to Bangkok?

cliveshep

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Seems you really do not understand or do not want to understand and continue to produce troll posts. In their natural enviroment, they are docile in daytime saving energy. Do you really think a tiger strapped down in chains, a long que of kids and laud people reminds them of their  natural environment? Would a human ever be used to such treatment? 

Ignorance at its best, and a proof why people manage to delet this world. Can not understand simple things, not because they cant understand simple things, it is because they do not want to understand, since it doesnt affect them personally except from giving them some amusement in the moment and strengthen their weird ego. 

The Tigers are not strapped down in chains  though , they are free to get up and walk around , not sure why you keep repeating those untruths .

Tigers are docile in the daytime to conserve energy , nothing to do with drugs .

There are two choices .

1 The tigers are kept in captivity 

2 . The Tigers would be dead .

Which option do you think is the better option ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

1 The tigers are kept in captivity 

2 . The Tigers would be dead .

Which option do you think is the better option ?

Stop breeding tigers to be captivated to entertain people, problem solved. 

You ask yourself that question, a lifetime captivation to entertain ignorant monkeys, sleep in concrete cage behind bars, Monkeys coming taking selfies with you? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Stop breeding tigers to be captivated to entertain people, problem solved. 

You ask yourself that question, a lifetime captivation to entertain ignorant monkeys, sleep in concrete cage behind bars, Monkeys coming taking selfies with you? 

I would prefer that to not being born at all . 

You think that Tigers shouldn't have a life at all , not even being born, rather than being born in captivity .

I think Tigers should be born and have some sort of life , rather than not being born at all 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I would prefer that to not being born at all . 

You think that Tigers shouldn't have a life at all , not even being born, rather than being born in captivity .

I think Tigers should be born and have some sort of life , rather than not being born at all 

Read your own answer one more time, and try to understand your answer which will answer your question. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I didn't ask a question .

So you stated what you think is my opinion, rather than forgot the question mark? 

I believe tigers born in well sized sanctuary reminding them of their natural environment , and not used for entertainment is great. 

But being born in to circus, no

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

So you stated what you think is my opinion, rather than forgot the question mark? 

I believe tigers born in well sized sanctuary reminding them of their natural environment , and not used for entertainment is great. 

OK, so you would rather tiger cubs die in the wild , rather than being rescued and taken care of and living .

I prefer tiger cubs to be rescued , even if that means their life in captivity 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I agree we have a very large zoo where I live and all the animals run free in a natural enviroments not in cages

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, so you would rather tiger cubs die in the wild , rather than being rescued and taken care of and living .

They are not rescued they are bred and sleep in cages for people to take selfies

• Like 1

Just now, Meat Pie 47 said:

They are not rescued they are bred and sleep in cages for people to take selfies

The initial tigers were rescued from the Wild when they were about to die .

The Tigers today are the off-spring from those rescued cubs 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I thought that is obvious, humans should not interact against the nature or nature order, and not live in cages, but if their life would be in proper sanctuaries and not used to circus, I would say yes. 

I have watched enough wild life series about wild animals struggling with the surroundings enviroment, and there is no more place for tigers or other species because of human activity, they should not be given a future entertaining people. 

On 5/6/2022 at 11:32 PM, Bkk Brian said:

A viral video of a heavily sedated lion being used as a photo prop at Thailand's Taman Safari park in 2016 drew brief worldwide attention to the issue. In the footage, a park worker repeatedly pushes a drugged lion cub’s head up while visitors drape their arms over it and say "cheese" for the camera.

Please be aware not all (if any) big cats in Thailand are drugged, I got bitten by a lion at a Safari Park. Just a word of advice, when bitten don't try to pull your arm or whatever part of you it has hold of away, because their teeth are like scalpels and it makes it a lot worse.

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I thought that is obvious, humans should not interact against the nature or nature order, and not live in cages, but if their life would be in proper sanctuaries and not used to circus, I would say yes. 

I have watched enough wild life series about wild animals struggling with the surroundings enviroment, and there is no more place for tigers or other species because of human activity, they should not be given a future entertaining people. 

I trust that you do not have any pets , cats , dogs or birds or anything 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I trust that you do not have any pets , cats , dogs or birds or anything 

Yes we have, and we have big land, but birds, nope

We saved 3 dogs and one dog we all neutered, and tell me how you can compare tigers to house domesticated animals, where their genes and dna have been adopted to us for 10 - almost 40k years

Just now, Hummin said:

Yes we have, and we have big land, but birds, nope

We saved 3 dogs and one dog we all neutered, and tell me how you can compare tigers to house domesticated animals, where their genes and dna have been adopted to us for 10 - almost 40k years

All animals used to be wild animals , tigers are just big cats .

Dogs , cats , horses , snakes and Tigers are all wild animals that live in the wild

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

All animals used to be wild animals , tigers are just big cats .

Dogs , cats , horses , snakes and Tigers are all wild animals that live in the wild

I understand, you are a dead end when trying to argue with some common sense. 

would you let your dog be chained up and live like a Tiger does in Thailand, entertaining people? 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I understand, you are a dead end when trying to argue with some common sense. 

would you let your dog be chained up and live like a Tiger entertaining people? 

I don't have any pets , I don't believe in keeping pets .

How many times do I need to tell you that the tigers are not kept chained up and they don't entertain people , unless you regard just laying there half asleep  entertaining people .

People pay to visit the Tigers , and that money is spent on food .

If no one visits the tigers , the tigers starve to death .

I am quite sure that the tigers have a bigger living space than your dogs do 

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't have any pets , I don't believe in keeping pets .

How many times do I need to tell you that the tigers are not kept chained up and they don't entertain people , unless you regard just laying there half asleep  entertaining people .

People pay to visit the Tigers , and that money is spent on food .

If no one visits the tigers , the tigers starve to death .

I am quite sure that the tigers have a bigger living space than your dogs do 

4 rai land with national park behind and rice fields in front? What do you think? 

You are just assuming you know something. Anyway have a nice evening sir, a pleasure to talk to you.  

On 5/7/2022 at 10:24 AM, Skeptic7 said:

LOL. Nice job of completely missing the point. That is a Drive Thru wildlife park where the animals are not sedated, unlike the tiger petting zoos where they are highly sedated. Amazing anyone could possibly miss such a rudimentary and obvious point. Maybe this will help, tho shouldn't be at all unecesssary. 

This is what UN-sedated tigers will do to you.

Clear now????? 

Well, considering you were commenting on sedated tigers in tiger petting zoo's, why include a video of complexly the opposite thing with a drive through tiger park where they are not sedated or malnourished.  Pretty easy to 'miss a rudimentary and obvious point' when the video leads you in the opposite direction to the conversion.

And.....nice job of completely missing the point of sarcasm intended by my post. It was a joke post sunshine, so get of your high horse.     

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

4 rai land with national park behind and rice fields in front? What do you think? 

You are just assuming you know something. Anyway have a nice evening sir, a pleasure to talk to you.  

It just past morning time  where I am at the moment 

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

We were talking about the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai which has nothing to do with the place in Kanchanaburi 

We are talking about petting tigers and the industry it involves.

11 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

We are talking about petting tigers and the industry it involves.

But I was having a discussion with a person who was specifically talking about the Tiger kingdom in Chiang Mai and the procedures there and there only 

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But I was having a discussion with a person who was specifically talking about the Tiger kingdom in Chiang Mai and the procedures there and there only 

What about the mature tigers that are kept in isolation . The Tiger Kingdom acknowledes these tigers are not allowed to mix and are kept in cages isolated from other animals.

Then there is the question of  what is the purpose of these places. The animals can never be rehabillitated into their natural enviroment. They lack the freedom and ability to fullfil a life of their wild counterparts. Destined to serve a life sentence of servitude to the whims of their human captors.

Far from conservation these places are de- evolution . Along with inbreeding producing weak immune animals and the reversal of 1000's of years of natural selection.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Other and better solution :I've seen documentaries on the internet of facilities where baby animals (not just tigers) are rescued  ( for instance in Africa when mother has been killed ) and bred until they can be released back into the wild (of course you have to make sure that they do not depend on humans for food): obviously, no visitors and selfies in these centers

12 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

What about the mature tigers that are kept in isolation . The Tiger Kingdom acknowledes these tigers are not allowed to mix and are kept in cages isolated from other animals.

Then there is the question of  what is the purpose of these places. The animals can never be rehabillitated into their natural enviroment. They lack the freedom and ability to fullfil a life of their wild counterparts. Destined to serve a life sentence of servitude to the whims of their human captors.

Far from conservation these places are de- evolution . Along with inbreeding producing weak immune animals and the reversal of 1000's of years of natural selection.

I do believe the Tiger kingdom in Chiang mai has a large field where the tigers can live when they retire .