WHO praises Thailand for its ability to cope with Covid-19 situation, says in the top three countries globally

webfact

It was the THai member of the WHO , that made this statement probably...WHO else could it do if you see how they handled or handling it now??  Fake figures, slow and bad vaccination programm and jabs and still in a partly lockdown contribute not only to a high rank I suppose

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The World Health Organization (WHO) has praised Thailand as a role model and listed the Kingdom in the best three countries in the world for its ability to contain and cope with the Covid-19 situation, a government spokesperson reported May 8th.

Very selective memories.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

This is due to the country’s flexible management according to the current situation of the pandemic as well as its practical measures, according to WHO experts and WHO Thailand’s team

I noticed that too.

Edited by metisdead
Animated trolling meme removed.
  • Like 1

This was the one comment on the Pattaya News article linked in the OP:

No sources.

As there was no source given, I linked to the most recent news article from WHO on excess deaths where the info on Thailand's recent ranking might lay.

If someone wants to say that is SAD, then I guess it's sad.

Edited by jerrymahoney

The WHO is not to be trusted.  All unelected governments fudge their figures lower to make their citizens believe they are doing a good job.  Thailand is no different.

• Like 2

that report was prepared by the WHO thai team. No necessarily true statements. Possibly lies.

Excess deaths due to covid is 113 in thailand.

In comparison:

Australia 7

Malaysia 8

Singapore 21

South Korea 23

Hong Kong 32

Japan 33

In Taiwan excess deaths are -16,  New Zealand -38

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

from this unsourced article from The Pattaya News:

"according to WHO experts and WHO Thailand’s team. The key to the good adjustments also included the support from senior political executives in the government, the strengthening of the Thai public health system, the cooperation of all sectors, including the public and private sectors, the enhancing participation of the people and the community, and the use of digital technologies to help to make decisions." 

There are very many examples of how the government botched the vax program. That includes refusal and delay of vax to foreigners - if not for international donations (1.5mln pfizer from the USA, 500k sinovac from China, 410k AZ from the UK, also Korea, France and some other countries) possibly many of foreigners wouldn't be vaxed even until now.

As to digital technologies - track and trace application Morchana is not working now, it was working only partially, crashing systematically.

Morprom application is also with many problems. For long it was only in Thai. Still parts of it not translated. Foreign patients data was often wrongly put into this system. My private hospital couldn't put my covid positive result there. I also was not able to enter my laboratory results.

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

W.H.O. has tainted itself with its white wash over the origin of Covid.

Saying that I really didn't think that Thailand done that badly--- bad start thats for sure, but got quite organized as it went along. When some posters mention countries like New Zealand---what are we talking about there ...is it 4 million now?... BKK has more then, 3 times that amount all living in close proximity.  Some people still regard Thailand as a 3rd world country--and in some aspects it still is. Population numbers --close to the UK   Country size -close to the UK...so how did it do against a 1st world country with a National Health system in place for the last 75 years.

If we are talking about fudging the numbers---I am sure they did, but America's got to take first prize in that competition-- Just New York alone with Cuomo was a scandal .

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration has been accused of deliberately obscuring

the full scope of nursing home deaths in New York. The F.B.I. is investigating.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/andrew-cuomo-nursing-home-deaths.html

• Like 1