Thailand Affirms Neutral Stance on Russia-Ukraine Crisis

snoop1130

Couple of Russian twits on the beach today.  High fiving themselves.  Parked their bikes right in middle of road blocking through traffic.  Saw four different families asking them to move as they were trying to squeeze their sidecars through. Did see any Zs though.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Capella said:

No need to be so condescending in your tone mate. We're having a debate here.

Now tell me of one single case since WW2 where western meddling in foreign wars ended in any other way than total disaster, misery, death, displacement and destruction?

Korea? Vietnam? Afghanistan? Iraq? Syria? Libya? Laos? Yugoslavia? Cambodia? Central America? And now you support Western meddling in Ukraine based on feed from the same corporate media that brought us nonexistent WMD. 

You may have a point about the West meddling in Korea, etc but that is irrelevant and not the case when it comes to Ukraine.

Ukraine has been an independent country since 1991. Her people have decided that their future lies with the West. Their bigger neighbour doesn't accept this decision and invades. Morally wrong and against international law. That may be a simplistic argument but that's because it really is that simple.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I'm sure Biden, like most Americans I know, can't even say Prayut's full name. He even called Trump 'George' a couple of years ago ???? 

Biden forgetting names is a daily multiple occurrence.

9 hours ago, RayC said:

As opposed to whom? Russian observers? 

And your point is?

Why? Do you not believe that sovereign nations have the right to self-determination? 

The opposite. Ukraine was trying to seduce NATO which - until this war -has shown little enthusiasm for giving it membership

Where is your evidence to support this statement? Opinion polls do not necessarily tell the whole truth but can be a gauge of public opinion. It appears that despite events, there is little antipathy towards ordinary Russians by Ukrainians. 

https://www.europeanleadershipnetwork.org/commentary/ukrainians-want-to-stay-and-fight-but-dont-see-russian-people-as-the-enemy-a-remarkable-poll-from-kyiv/

Ukraine was carved into two pieces by the illegal annexation of the Crimea by Russia in 2014.

The truth - as in this case - does not always have to be complicated. The simple fact is that Russia - under the leadership of a dictator - does not recognise the right of Ukraine to exist as a sovereign nation but rather, sees it as merely a constituent of a 'Greater Russia'. That is the reason for the invasion.

A self described "remarkable" poll from Kiev by this incredibly impartial organisation...

https://www.europeanleadershipnetwork.org/about/

Polls are used to shape public opinion rather than to measure it. Brexit and Trump are two good examples. 

You'll be posting material from the BBC and CNN next.

This "poll from Kiev" purporting to speak for all Ukrainians - did it include people from Eastern Ukraine too?

You don't know. 

2 minutes ago, Capella said:

A self described "remarkable" poll from Kiev by this incredibly impartial organisation...

https://www.europeanleadershipnetwork.org/about/

Polls are used to shape public opinion rather than to measure it. Brexit and Trump are two good examples. 

You'll be posting material from the BBC and CNN next.

This "poll from Kiev" purporting to speak for all Ukrainians - did it include people from Eastern Ukraine too?

You don't know. 

You didn't even read the link, did you? Your bias is showing BIG TIME.

Ukrainians consider their future to be closer to Europe.

Nearly 19 in 20 Ukrainians (93%) said they considered their country’s future to be closer to Europe than to Russia. This included 78% of respondents of Russian ethnicity, and 84% of those in the east of the country closest to the Russian border

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Capella said:

In war, truth is the first casualty. Neither of us has the faintest idea what's happening in Ukraine, or what will happen next.

Disagree, if you had not edited my post I gave you direct source of people on the ground documenting it.

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Disagree, if you had not edited my post I gave you direct source of people on the ground documenting it.

On which piece of ground, and at what point in time? Documenting it, while it's actually happening?

I don't think so.

And yes, I did believe that there were WMD in Iraq. Thailand probably did too. Once bitten, twice shy, as the old saying goes.

Edited by Capella

11 minutes ago, Capella said:

On which piece of ground, and at what point in time? Documenting it, while it's actually happening?

I don't think so.

And yes, I did believe that there were WMD in Iraq. Thailand probably did too. Once bitten, twice shy, as the old saying goes.

Nothing to do with Iraq. Its to do with the UN and international monitors in Ukraine taking evidence right now, I guess you'll not bother tuning into the UN session tomorrow, or read the reports directly from them

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nothing to do with Iraq. Its to do with the UN and international monitors in Ukraine taking evidence right now, I guess you'll not bother tuning into the UN session tomorrow, or read the reports directly from them

I used Iraq to raise a credibility question - one that you can't refute.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Capella said:

I used Iraq to raise a credibility question - one that you can't refute.

No I just stick to the topic, Ukraine, and the facts from credible sources such as the UN, OSCE and the many international observers. I've no need to deflect into other conflicts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capella said:

In war, truth is the first casualty. Neither of us has the faintest idea what's happening in Ukraine, or what will happen next.

What nonsense. By your criteria, no one including yourself would have the faintest idea about anything that goes on in the world anywhere.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

So, are you saying that no one knows if Russia has invaded Ukraine? That it hasn't happened or that it's a false flag operation?

Putin propaganda has a wide reach, inside and outside of Russia