Authorities to Distribute Free Cannabis Plants for Home Cultivation

webfact

2 minutes ago, Farmerslife said:

Your ex tenant was distributing for free a million cannabis plants???

What a great guy. Quite restores my faith in human nature.????

Ah, context and context!

A couple of hundred, the cream of which were “donated” .

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

These kinds of things are a Trojan horse

Odd analogy. Who or what are the Greeks? Who or what is the city of Troy.

Based on the outcome of that incident it would be helpful to understand your "thinking" here.

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

Just look at the progress of the issue in California from around 1980 to the present; odds are this will be similar.

So we've got forty-two years to look forward to?

Ys, yes, I know, thais will do things more quickly. Because there so  well organized, and excellent at planning and executing those plans.

This is the first I've seen on the million plant march. I'm not sure I believe this "news".

1 hour ago, webfact said:

One million free cannabis plants will be distributed in June

Sounds like something Austin Power's character Dr. Evil might utter?

One million seedlings would require a staggering nursery effort. And then distributing them, sure.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Any information as to how I can get  a couple of these million plants please.

Are you thai? If not I don't think you'll be able to get free seedlings, or be allowed to grow them. If you're thai then check with the local government office.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Hemp makes excellent rope. Nylon makes excellent rope. DuPont makes nylon. DuPont lobbies to get Hemp/Marajiuana classified as narcotic. If my memory serves me (and it might not) this was 1936.

This appears to be one of those strange urban legends that, believers believe, if repeated often enough becomes real.

This is up there with the oil companies killing the scientist who developed ---fill in the blank ---.

And they say you can't teach stoopid.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

In other words: Cannabis is NOT legal in Thailand. But Hemp is.

Because like in most other countries, Thai legislation indeed distinguishes between "cannabis" (i.e. plants with a THC content of more than 0.2% by dried weight) and "hemp" (plants with a THC content of 0.2% or less by dried weight).

THAT (and nothing else) is the legal situation. And regardless whether Mr. Anutin waxes on about "cannabis liberalization" or "cannabis legalization", it simply is NOT TRUE. Yet the press picks it up and propagates it to the world when it should be made crystal clear that cannabis is NOT legal in Thailand.

Make no mistake:

> If you plant any of the "non-legal" cannabis cultivars or consume products made from them (i.e. marijuana, hashish) and are caught, you are going to jail!

> You are ONLY permitted to plant "legal" cannabis cultivars, i.e. hemp. And those 1 million plants that Mr. Anutin plans to distribute are of that legal, low-THC type. You can use their leaves in a salad or a smoothie -- or make hemp ropes out of their fibers. They are good for nothing else.

Oh, and yes, both legal and illegal plants contain CBD (cannabidiol), that "other" main compound that you hear so much about. But anybody wanting to extract CBD from legal plants in commercial quantities, NEEDS A LICENSE from the Thai FDA as well as approval from the Provincial Health Office and the Narcotics Control Board. Which, since we are in Thailand, involves an incredibly convoluted application process plus reams and reams of documents. 

See? It's not all just as simple as Mr. Anutin makes it out. And I really wish he would finally stop talking about Thailand's "cannabis legalization" and instead use the more accurate term "hemp legalization". Because that is what it is.        

Your right all except for your first sentence marijuana is cannabis as is hemp. What they will be growing here is industrial hemp. So if i was gonna be a narc, lol, marijuana is illegal in Thailand ????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RafPinto said:

All farangs are entitled to many plants as they usually "adopt a whole family or a small village".

Yeah. I'm sure this "entitlement" is detailed in the legislation. /facepalm.

Yes, I'll stipulate that your thai relations can queue up for their free seedlings.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Any information as to how I can get  a couple of these million plants please.

Was thinking the same.  I'd imagine it would go pretty quick.  These freebies wouldn't have less than 2% THC....would they?

1 hour ago, starky said:

Your right all except for your first sentence marijuana is cannabis as is hemp. What they will be growing here is industrial hemp. So if i was gonna be a narc, lol, marijuana is illegal in Thailand ????

It's like handing out a million bottles of whiskey than saying your car will run very good on it. Now please tell me how many bottles will go in their car's?