Thailand praised for Covid-19 recovery and extent of Universal Health Care scheme

webfact

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So basically a bare faced lie. i thought it was prison for spreading fake news?

Patting themselves on the back again for something that was NOT done and is untrue..

Maybe it should read that Thailand was #1 after 78th on the list. A more accurate reporting????

Except that the government is reporting on 2021 figures. AN is quoting this month's figures. I can't see where the 2021 figures are on the GCI website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

Now other countries are recognising Thailand as a hub of something.

When will they realise that other countries are just patting them on the back the same way you would do a kid who ate all his veggies.

Strange people, always looking for validation. 

Here is a table from the UN, yesterday's CoviD-19 cases by country :

https://covid19.who.int/table

You can check yourself. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

that Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha was delighted with an accolade for its health care programs and Covid-19 response measures.

sheer Thai propaganda

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Global Covid-19 Index (GCI) in regards to it Global Recovery Index and Global Severity Index. 

if they only knew the "real" truth

• Like 2

Seems to me "Universal" would include all residents. Costa Rica is one example of a nation with a universal approach. Costs about 10% of your declared expat retirement income.

For my marriage visa here I show 51 000 baht being transferred In from Social Security. I would not at all mind paying 5,000 baht each month for 100% medical cover.

Edited by Kwaibill

9 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

For my marriage visa here I show 51 000 baht being transferred In from Social Security. I would not at all mind paying 5,000 baht each month for 100% medical cover.

You and me both, that is a mere 60,000 baht  p.a.  and I have just been quoted a little more than that for a somewhat limited and exclusion ridden, you pay up-front cover!

• Like 1