Vigo windscreen film window tinting that protects from sun UV but doesn't look too dark ? what brand did you buy and what % percent %

Don't know our Isuzu came with tint already I would say it's 30% I just put a extra dark strip on front windscreen at the top. 

My daughter had darker one put on her City and you couldn't see well at night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Put a 35% tint on my Fortuner windscreen. It’s significantly lighter than the tints which were already on the side and rear windows, plus no issues driving at night

Hi-Cool UV care 35A USA 2130.080

cost 2300 baht

8 hours ago, millymoopoo said:

Just a quick comment, for what it's worth.!

Don't get the windscreen tinted at all.

We did with light tinting, as recommended by our friendly auto window tinter (who'd sell their mother if she was worth a $).

What a mistake, first time we took the car out at night my first comment was 'do we have the headlights on' we did, then followed by 'well then are the street lights off'? no they weren't.

So the next day was spent scraping it all off the windscreen and cleaning with lots of nail polish remover, (acetone).

Never again will we tint a windscreen, especially in daytime.!

All other widows OK, but not the windscreen.

Good luck with it.!

That´s why there are so many accidents at night.

• Like 1

Put nothing on the Windscreen,  its dangerous to do so...

I have seen many cars owned  by Thai's  where u cannot see anything, or anybody when u look throught the windscreeen.. if i cant see the driver  how can the driver see me..  as a pedestrian

Edited by actonion
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

In my local Toyota dealer they have a display showing the various levels of tint they can apply.

I selected the 2nd lightest level when buying mine.

I had the same experience from MG. I went with 40% front, 60% side and rear and 80% for the sunroof, cos I’ve got no hair. 
The only issue I’ve had with vision is reversing down my (previously) unlit driveway at night. A well placed LED flood took care of that 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Tinting is a bit of a minefield in Thailand.  In most of the world the amount of tint is expressed as Visible Light Transmission (VLT). So 70% tint is 70% VLT - 70% of the light passes through the film and 30% is blocked (converted into heat in the film or reflected). Thais would refer to this as a 30% film - i.e. they refer to the amount of visible light blocked rather than the amount transmitted. All films block almost all UV light.

Keep in mind that windscreens are made of laminated glass and this blocks over 95% of UVA and UVB.  Side windows are not laminated and although they block nearly all UVB they may only block 50% of harmful UVA. So you definitely need film on side windows for UVA protection.

In UK/EU the legal minimum VLT is 70% tint (i.e. maximum 30% in Thai terminology). Most UK police cars carry a light meter to check. I know the law in California is also 70% - not sure about other states. There is a Thai regulation - but it doesn't seem to be enforced. Again keep in mind that many cars come from the factory with a light tint on the glass (10% or so block) so check that out because any tint you apply will add to that.

Optical quality is another thing to think about - the cheaper films may not be optically uniform.

My wife recently took delivery of a new Toyota. The windscreen already had a very light tint, so we left that - she can wear sunglasses in the daytime. We then had 3M 70% VLT film (30% block) on the other windows.

I've driven cars with heavy tints and they scare the hell out of me when driving at night in rural areas - you can't see pedestrians or fainter motorbike tail lights.  Driving in rural Thailand is challenging enough without handicapping yourself with poor vision.  Few years ago my wife's uncle up in Udon was killed when a pickup literally drove over his motorbike. The windscreen was heavily tinted and the driver admitted to not seeing the motorbike.

Anyway, stick to something like 3M and beware of the exaggerated claims of the more expensive ranges of films - some of the claims appear to defy the laws of physics.

Had 3M fitted by the dealer on first purchase. Went for "40%" all round though have to say it’s difficult to notice much tint as such - no issues at night. Probably wished we’d gone for 60% on the side windows (as they suggested) with hindsight. Is 3M a different tint profile? 7 years on its standing up well,endorsing your better quality suggestion . Only negative observation is the vacuum sucker on the dash cam doesn’t hold as well on the film vs glass and drops off occasionally! Unless that’s something else (heat?).

I don't agree with matching the rear window tint with the darker side window tint. If anything, the back should match the front tint (if any). It's impossible to see through a double 40% (rear and front) when traveling behind a vehicle with such a tint. One of the things that makes driving in the cities in most western countries less stressful is untinted glass where you can basically see what the other driver is seeing. It was one of the aids to a driver's observation and situational awareness that my driving instructor took pains to point out (last century).

Rant over.

Back to 40+40...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

I can see just fine, but thanks for your concern 

E24A9F08-C526-450F-B35B-286AB55FDBE6.png

Oh my word! With all those "chavvy' superfluous stuck on dials your windscreen tint is the least of your worries. When do the Wayne & Tracy windscreen decal and fluffy dice arrive?  How much faster do they make it go ?! ???? ???? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThaiSanookGuy said:

I have seen cars with those ugly "meters" on cheap cars (never seen on nice cars), can you tell me what is the purpose of this "decoration" ? Look sporty ? on a car with a 90hp engine maximum as all cheap cars that have these ugly things installed ?

They tell him what's going on in the car's engine just before it throws a rod. 

Where did you get the information that cars have "90hp [sic] maximum" particularly tarted-up Cefiros?    I'd be very surprised if that one didn't have 200bhp more than that.    

• Haha 2

I read the full thread but nobody seems to be able to tell how much for WHICH BRAND ?

everybody throwing % and prices around without exact details is as idiot as people who review restaurants by saying that it's great without explaining why. But maybe you never felt useless until now ? Time to understand !

5 hours ago, ThaiSanookGuy said:

I have seen cars with those ugly "meters" on cheap cars (never seen on nice cars), can you tell me what is the purpose of this "decoration" ? Look sporty ? on a car with a 90hp engine maximum as all cheap cars that have these ugly things installed ?

yes those customized "race" pickups are so funny for anybody with an inch of self esteem...

• Like 1