ASEAN NOW re-launches World News Forum

george

20 minutes ago, bdenner said:

No disrespect George, we older generation "ThaiVisa" members much prefer the prancing leopard as an avatar over your ageing image!

Good luck with the come back I, for one, certainly missed you.

It was a gif with a Cheetah (spelling)…

I can’t find it anymore. If you find it, please PM me.

Cheers ????

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

They are, but we cannot be everywhere all the time. Thats why the report function is there to bring to the attention of Moderators.

I did just this morning...to a story with a inflammatory headline, that has caused many trolling and off topic posts... but as one poster suggested "depends on who posted it" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

I did just this morning...to a story with a inflammatory headline, that has caused many trolling and off topic posts... but as one poster suggested "depends on who posted it" 

Incorrect use of report function, if you have a problem with articles that are generated by this forum, you should email 'support"

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Parting gift: This is a very troubled forum and has been for a long time - I don't recall these issues back in 2003+. if you can't see that...........................

Might be so but not as troubled as the other new forum, that really is awful

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Incorrect use of report function, if you have a problem with articles that are generated by this forum, you should email 'support"

Thanks.  I sent a comment to Support regarding the article.  Just curious if it makes a difference the article was an Op-Ed written by an Admin of this forum?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Err what is @mokwit saying?

How about editing your post to make it readable!

"Why do I have to be so cryptic about something that should be openly discussable - getting it? "

Does this not tell you?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:
On 5/26/2022 at 12:33 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Since when has "criticism of the US" been a point of contention, or not permitted, on Thaivisa?

Where have you been sleeping? lol

I haven't.

I've been following this forum and criticism of the US has never been a transgression of the forum rules.   Maybe you're making up your own, imaginary, rules or you just don't know which forum you're on.

• Haha 1

I don't understand why anyone would go to 'World News' forum to read what is basically hand picked news by AN staff (other than to allow people to post their opinion, rather than just read it)

Even more so after seeing recent Thailand news articles that include 4 news threads on masks in 3 days (such a critical newsworthy item) and the totally incorrect news article about needing a Masters to navigate immigration rules

No thanks, I'll stick to google for news not related to Thailand (would love the regional forums like Vietnam, Phillipines and Cambodia to be active but they're completely dead)

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 1

Just took a look and 9 of the top 10 news stories were about America (#9 was about nudists in Europe)

I guess there's no news in any other country, oh wait, China has now signed security agreements with Solomon Islands and Somoa, targeting a 10 pacific Island pact

No need to go to war anymore, just buy the pacific...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Just took a look and 9 of the top 10 news stories were about America (#9 was about nudists in Europe)

I guess there's no news in any other country, oh wait, China has now signed security agreements with Solomon Islands and Somoa, targeting a 10 pacific Island pact

No need to go to war anymore, just buy the pacific...

That's a fair point.

World means world.

For example I would like to see a topic about the consequential election in Colombia.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:17 AM, mokwit said:

George It should be glaringly obvious from this thread alone what the problems are. if not and you genuinely want suggestions,  I suggest you open up a thread where that which cannot be discussed is allowed to be discussed (not talking anything covered by Thai law here). Confine it to this thread and and only this thread only the normal rules of normal forums apply - no threats etc. YOU WILL HAVE CLICKS BEYOND YOUR WILDEST MARKETING DREAMS to show advertisers - and that is just from those who are left. Once people that have de facto left this forum hear that there is a place where this can be addressed they will come back and cause clicks too. The rules of this forum (and other things) have to change if it is to regain it's attraction. I am no wokester but I note you are "inclusive" enough to allow a Buffalo and a Cat here and we need more like them who come here to be of service (and some others) and less like........

Why do I have to be so cryptic about something that should be openly discussable - getting it?

Note to self who is " confused " by your comment. Almost predictable and hilarious!

• Sad 1