Trying to find a good condo is getting tougher in Pattaya

webfact

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

We have a nice size 2-bed house in one of the Chok Chai garden homes. It's big, spacey, clean, nice kitchen, all the mod cons, furniture, 2 huge beds, air con etc. 10,000 baht a month on a 3 year contract. Why bother with a condo when houses are so cheap to rent. Personally I know of houses here where they cannot rent at 15k a month and looking to seal bargain long term rents at 10k.

Can't think of a reason to live near the beach area,  other than for women. Which my wife wont allow ????

If someone wanted to rent for just 12 months what would they expect to pay for such a property?

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Different views I guess but I don't like isolated Kasetsin area and it won't be just me. Soi dogs like it though

Up to you. No more soi dogs than other areas.. Have you ever noticed how busy the beach side restaurants are every day, especially weekends.. 

4 hours ago, steveb2155 said:

Have you tried the Whale Marina complex in Na Jomtiem I know there some 2 bedrooms 83 sqm for rent or buy

I used to be a regular drinker at Drifters Cafe, I've kept my eye on the construction.

Looks good but it's in the middle of nowhere. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Pratamnak

It was once known as the Beverly Hills of Pattaya but New Nordic destroyed Pratumnak with all those orange buildings. 

I'm glad New Nordic are no longer in business.

Hoping Pratumnak will recover. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, murraynz said:

Up to you. No more soi dogs than other areas.. Have you ever noticed how busy the beach side restaurants are every day, especially weekends.. 

Soi cozy beach AKA soi Rachawaroon has been hit hard by Covid-19  closures but it will recover. There are 6 new restaurants at the end now on Soi Kasetsin right above the beach. The restaurants starting with the Sky Gallery - with the most recent addition Oxygen are great fun in great locations. But currently many businesses at the other end have closed on Soi Cozy Beach.  Up till Covid it was mega busy with dozens of coach parties parked in the new car park near the open air Gym.

Many of the dogs  have been culled  thankfully now.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Soi cozy beach AKA soi Rachawaroon has been hit hard by Covid-19  closures but it will recover. There are 6 new restaurants at the end now on Soi Kasetsin right above the beach. The restaurants starting with the Sky Gallery - with the most recent addition Oxygen are great fun in great locations. But currently many businesses at the other end have closed on Soi Cozy Beach.  Up till Covid it was mega busy with dozens of coach parties parked in the new car park near the open air Gym.

Many of the dogs  have been culled  thankfully now.

People don't live in restaurants and clubs.  A few overpriced places overlooking the beach doesn't make it a desirable place to live.

Mega busy with dozens of coaches? Dog culling? Are you secretly trying to put people off?

Phra Tamnak used to be a hidden gem. Cosy Beach certainly, before they put those show places up and blocked the view to all other than who chose to pay to sit there. Before that, it was a rather pleasant place to sit and to have a picnic.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, murraynz said:

Busy beachside restaurants are a reason to rent/buy in an area?? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dddave said:

Last June, as Covid peaked in Bangkok, I rented a nice, 60 s/m 2 b.r. in an older Jomtien Beach condo building, water view, 300 meters from the beach, not far from the night market.   

I originally rented at B13,000m./3 month contract.  When the contract was nearly finished and I informed the owner that I would be moving to a less expensive unit, he offered to lower the rent to B10,000/m, 6 month contract which I accepted.  We recently agreed on another 6 month extension.  

He said he would much rather have a steady tenant who pays on time than play the short term rental game with high turnover.

Sometime in the unforeseeable future, the regular crowds will return and rents will shoot-up. Prior to Covid, my unit rented for B25,000/m. I kept my very inexpensive unit in Bangkok for just that eventuality..

He won't see 25k per month again for a while. 300 metres from the beach? 60 sq.m with two bedrooms? That's much the size of my beachfront condo and I am not paying 25k per month for it.

I turned down a 120+ sq.m beachfront two bed condo for 20k per month as they insisted on a 12 month contract at the time.

3 hours ago, pj123 said:

If someone wanted to rent for just 12 months what would they expect to pay for such a property?

No idea, but I know someone on the same estate just knocked the price from 12k a month to 9.5k a month for a year, but only had 1 bed and 1 settee. I imagine all the mod cons probably down to 12k at the most. I'd say it is still a renters market, these false hopes for rent rises are just in landlords heads

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Anything around Kasetsin is cut off from the rest of the world, too far to walk, taxis or transport essential. Newbies don't know and rent or buy there, plenty of soi dogs there

I am close by on Kasetsin 2.  I have 0% problem getting to and from this "dead zone" you claim.  There are plenty of BOLT drivers and Motorbike taxis stationed everywhere.

Yes, there are too many soi dogs, I will give you that, but there are plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, etc nearby that you don't have to go anywhere unless you choose to.

Edited by PoodThaiMaiDai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

I am close by on Kasetsin 2.  I have 0% problem getting to and from this "dead zone" you claim.  There are plenty of BOLT drivers and Motorbike taxis stationed everywhere.

Yes, there are too many soi dogs, I will give you that, but there are plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, etc nearby that you don't have to go anywhere unless you choose to.

That's the main point, you need transport, it's out of the way, or maybe you can walk to the baht bus or Walking street?

• Like 1

Wow. The people on here looks for a place to rent sure seem to be cheap Charlie’s. You get what you pay for and if you can’t afford transportation I suggest you stay in a cheap place near Soi Bukhao. I’m sure you’ll feel right at home there. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's the main point, you need transport, it's out of the way, or maybe you can walk to the baht bus or Walking street?

Ya, it takes me a whole 7-10 minutes...... about the same amount of time to walk from LK area to 2nd Road and take a baht bus to Soi 6 

I can walk but that would be too much work.

I have a motorbike to get where I need to go.

If I want to take a girl to dinner or if I am drinking I use BOLT.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jcmj said:

Wow. The people on here looks for a place to rent sure seem to be cheap Charlie’s. You get what you pay for and if you can’t afford transportation I suggest you stay in a cheap place near Soi Bukhao. I’m sure you’ll feel right at home there. 

That's a bit of a silly statement, since the price of a cheap place in Bua Khao won't be much different from the cheap places in Kasetsin.

You are suggesting that the people in Phra Tamnak are willing to pay a premium to be there. They aren't, in the main. Cozy Beach was dead on it's feet until the Russians arrived. Now the area is being propped up by weekenders.

Having to rely on taxis for your everyday life is not convenient. Pathetic when people try to put others down for the money they are prepared to spend on transport.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Ya, it takes me a whole 7-10 minutes...... about the same amount of time to walk from LK area to 2nd Road and take a baht bus to Soi 6 

According to Google; the walk from Kasetsin 2 to Thappraya is 1.8kms and takes 23 mins.

According to Google; the walk from Kasetsin 2 to where 2nd road joins with 3rd road is 1.7kms and takes 22 mins.

According to Google; the walk from Kasetsin 2 to the Manita Boutique Hotel is 1.4kms and takes 19 mins.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

No way 7-10 minutes, even if near the top, down the bottom Kasetsin must be a lot longer walking maybe 30+, I doubt anyone does

• Like 1

Guest truthman
12 hours ago, Luckyman999 said:

In Soputh Pattaya, around Soi Kopai, you can rent 100th of Condos, mostly Studios or 1 Bedroom, many brandnew, in deals starting at 7.000 Baht, with Pool and fitness facilitities, many shops around, fast free wifi, free Motorbike and car parking, Motorbike Taxi in front of the Condo, Baht Bus just some minutes to walk, Tukcom in 5-10 minutes walking distance same like Soi Buakao. But: The original posting dont mention any price he is willing to pay.. who expect 3.000 Baht rent for a 1-bedroom will not find a offer

examples?