Trying to find a good condo is getting tougher in Pattaya

webfact

Your right about the listings. A lot of them are just bait hooks, meaning they are not updated.

When you inquire you meet with an agent and fill out a questionnaire about your needs and they take you to view units in person. Big timewaster as you can't disqualify units beforehand and save time by looking at photo's, etc.

The end result is you just pick something in frustration, because what you want and what the agent (or their questionnaire) thinks you want are very different things.

Edited by JimTripper

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Your right about the listings. A lot of them are just bait hooks, meaning they are not updated.

When you inquire you meet with an agent and fill out a questionnaire about your needs and they take you to view units in person. Big timewaster as you can't disqualify units beforehand and save time by looking at photo's, etc.

The end result is you just pick something in frustration, because what you want and what the agent (or their questionnaire) thinks you want are very different things.

I wouldn't have done all that rubbish with the agent, Facebook marketplace seems the best place, I see loads advertised daily, just message and if it's gone, move on, no wasting time with forms or meeting agents

• Like 1

1000's available, maybe 10's thousands.  Agents will usually only show you the properties they have listed.  

Same with Juristic offices.  There is no transparent multiple listing service here as everyone wants to have control.  I would pick particular areas and buildings and start there just got to play the agent game and do some leg work.

To add, Naklua seems to be a forgotten area I walked it the other day no one was there.  Many many places for rent and sale in the north part of the city.

Edited by bkk6060

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Your profile shows only about 10 months.

Possibly just a new profile, as mine is, though been a member for many years.  Haven't a clue what old profile or password would have been, as didn't visit or post much anyway.  Actually didn't care for TV, too many anti Thai and whingers.  Can't say that changed much, but some better topics that interest about home/vehicles, and better organized.  Though wish I could only see Thai topics, if there's a way.

18 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Though wish I could only see Thai topics, if there's a way.

I  personally only read a couple of the Forums that interest me. Yes, we got a mixed crowd here.....it can get overly negative.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I  personally only read a couple of the Forums that interest me. Yes, we got a mixed crowd here.....it can get overly negative.

I enter thru 'new content', and get the mixed bag of all, but find it easier then via Thai forum and then the sub forums.   Doesn't take too long to get through 6-8 hours of new stuff.  Lots of speed reading the titles.

Helps pass the time, pick up a tidbit now then, hopefully help a bit, now and then.  Ignore quite a bit now, or try to, and haven't been restricted lately ... ????

Just now, KhunLA said:

I enter thru 'new content', and get the mixed bag of all, but find it easier then via Thai forum and then the sub forums.   Doesn't take too long to get through 6-8 hours of new stuff.  Lots of speed reading the titles.

Helps pass the time, pick up a tidbit now then, hopefully help a bit, now and then.  Ignore quite a bit now, or try to, and haven't been restricted lately ... ????

Within the couple of forums I am interested I find 'unread' content, at the bottom clicking on 'Next Unread Topic'.... when I get bored I  simply mark it as all read. I used to be into the Visa stuff, but it got a bit 'random' over Covid. 

I just assumed as an opinion piece for this forum it reflected their desire to talk up the real estate market for some vested interest they have.  To suggest there is difficulty in finding good rental accomodation in the current climate is one of the more bizzare things I've read on here. Spoilt for choice I'd say.

• Thanks 1

That's my opinion of 

22 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I just assumed as an opinion piece for this forum it reflected their desire to talk up the real estate market for some vested interest they have.  To suggest there is difficulty in finding good rental accomodation in the current climate is one of the more bizzare things I've read on here. Spoilt for choice I'd say.

That's my opinion of news-blips now also.  Either scare mongering you into buying something you don't need.  Or trying to convince you now is a good opportunity, hurry before it passes, and both contrary to any reality.

If not 'selling' something, then uses a sensation headline, and more or less, it's simply click bait, and money earned via advertising IMHO.  Open a page on some sites, even 'news' sites, and there's more screen coverage of ads, than the article you thought you wanted to read.

Can't hold it against them, nothing wrong with capitalism, just not dumb enough to fall for it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

I am close by on Kasetsin 2.  I have 0% problem getting to and from this "dead zone" you claim.  There are plenty of BOLT drivers and Motorbike taxis stationed everywhere.

Yes, there are too many soi dogs, I will give you that, but there are plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, etc nearby that you don't have to go anywhere unless you choose to.

And some of us actually own a car or motorbike so not being on baht bus route, is not a problem. It's still only 6 mins to central Pattaya or Jomtien.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, murraynz said:

And some of us actually own a car or motorbike so not being on baht bus route, is not a problem. It's still only 6 mins to central Pattaya or Jomtien.

I think the whole point of the discussion was to cover how it is if you do not have your own transport....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If you follow the category forums that interest you then view via notifications that way you won't see the other guff

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

People don't live in restaurants and clubs.  A few overpriced places overlooking the beach doesn't make it a desirable place to live.

Mega busy with dozens of coaches? Dog culling? Are you secretly trying to put people off?

Phra Tamnak used to be a hidden gem. Cosy Beach certainly, before they put those show places up and blocked the view to all other than who chose to pay to sit there. Before that, it was a rather pleasant place to sit and to have a picnic.

Clarify  your point please. I merely report  facts in response to somebody's  description  of the CB area. A hidden gem! LOL!

When? How many decades ago?

No people dont live in beautiful  restaurants with  unique  designs - they eat and drink in them and  they are a brilliant  addition  to the  area. Yes- there used to be tour buses - the tourists were visiting the two local views points. Currently  the  area is sadly  very  quiet and looking a bit shabby. I have no doubt it will be busy again. The small beach could do with better maintenance, piles if rubbish  being removed, a ban on techno music from the moored boats and encouraging  rather than banning small independent  bars and restaurants.

Condo of various sizes are available- 79 -100 sq mtr around 15 - 20k.

Small brand new studios - 7 -12k

I lived on CB for 5 years and  moved to a nearby Soi on Pratumnak- for the  reasons outlined in my first  post Pratumnak  is one of the best places  to live in Pattaya.

Edited by The Hammer2021

3 hours ago, murraynz said:

If one doesn't want to buy a motorbike, as I didn't, there are some excellent rental deals to be had, in my case B1250/m for a 6 year old Honda Click, less than 40K on the odometer.  It starts without fail, runs well and stops as it should. That's under B42/day.

I am in Jomtien for a limited time.  When the prices go back up, I'll return to Bangkok.   I would never drive a motorbike in Bangkok but I don't mind Jomtien.  I rarely venture beyond it's confines.  maybe a couple of times to Pattaya but never on or across Sukhumvit so the motorbike is just for local errands.

I didn't want the hassle of buying a used bike and selling it later.

I found my deal on a Pattaya Facebook group.  There are also listings with a monthly price in FB Marketplace.  My renter delivered it to my condo including green book and tax certificate and threw in a new helmet.  It was a cheapo so I soon replaced it with a Euro rated one.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Clarify  your point please. I merely report  facts in response to somebody's  description  of the CB area. A hidden gem! LOL!

When? How many decades ago?

No people dont live in beautiful  restaurants with  unique  designs - they eat and drink in them and  they are a brilliant  addition  to the  area. Yes- there used to be tour buses - the tourists were visiting the two local views points. Currently  the  area is sadly  very  quiet and looking a bit shabby. I have no doubt it will be busy again. The small beach could do with better maintenance, piles if rubbish  being removed, a ban on techno music from the moored boats and encouraging  rather than banning small independent  bars and restaurants.

Condo of various sizes are available- 79 -100 sq mtr around 15 - 20k.

Small brand new studios - 7 -12k

I lived on CB for 5 years and  moved to a nearby Soi on Pratumnak- for the  reasons outlined in my first  post Pratumnak  is one of the best places  to live in Pattaya.

My point was clear. Locals aren't likely to spend their time and money in overpriced restaurants and bars. It's not a "brilliant addition" for them for the most part. 

There used to be a brilliant sea view there; something that could be enjoyed by everyone who lived and visited the place. Now it is completely blocked by those ostentatious places. I haven't visited any of them, as none of them provide anything of interest to me. 

I already gave you a timeline. CB was dead on it's feet before the Russians arrived en masse.

Now all it has are those places blocking the sea view. Only weekend tourists from afar will visit there now....until the Russians return. The other part of Phra Tamnak might fare a bit better.

One of the best places to live in Pattaya? ???? That's not very hard now is it? But it would not be my choice these days.

I might have considered it many years ago, when it felt more like a hidden paradise. Now....meh. There are nicer places to be. 

Locals aren't interested in pretentious restaurants. They want good transport links and perhaps a decent supermarket.

3 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

My point was clear. Locals aren't likely to spend their time and money in overpriced restaurants and bars. It's not a "brilliant addition" for them for the most part. 

That's contrary to my observations.  Not sure about bars, if strictly a bar, a farang idea of a bar.  But have an open air venue with a decent band or karaoke and they'll pack it in all night long.

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

That's contrary to my observations.  Not sure about bars, if strictly a bar, a farang idea of a bar.  But have an open air venue with a decent band or karaoke and they'll pack it in all night long.

Not if it's "overpriced" as the member said. 

On 5/28/2022 at 7:04 AM, Lucky Bones said:

Sounds like a strange attempt at an advert.

Doesn't make sense.

Yes - a paid for 'opinion piece' intended to drum up business for rental agents.  Transparent and unethical.

• Like 1