Thailand 2030 - What will Thailand look like in 8 years ?

Hello Baren, for your 2nd post perhaps tell the Forum faithful why your interest your 1st post?  Why do you care about such things Thai if living afar in Europe? And Asimov was a fiction story writer....do you want fictional answers to your poll?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jerno said:

Hello Baren, for your 2nd post perhaps tell the Forum faithful why your interest your 1st post?  Why do you care about such things Thai if living afar in Europe? And Asimov was a fiction story writer....do you want fictional answers to your poll?

Hi Jerno ????

Asimov was also a famous futurologist and science writer.

He wrote a ton of non-fiction books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPETzKYLkco

To answer your question, I'm just curious I guess.

I like to pick one's brain. Sometimes there are interesting things to be learned.

The world is pretty unstable right now and I'm curious to find out what knowledgeable people have to say about the way forward for a country like Thailand.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There will be lots of new girls in the bars because the current pretty girls will be 8 years older.

Or at least that is what I hope for. It seems in some bars they keep the same once for decades.

Well looking on the positive side of your statement it may mean that as the bar girls are getting so old and/or fat they will be forced to provide wheelchair access so they can get to work ????

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There will be lots of new girls in the bars because the current pretty girls will be 8 years older.

Or at least that is what I hope for. It seems in some bars they keep the same once for decades.

The older bars seem to keep the same girls as they have family or friends there and don't want competition younger girls create.

Have you been to Soi 6 lately?  Many new younger girls there some I have met made babies with Thai man during restrictions, now need to make money.

Why get a lousy business job?  They can make more in a few hours then they make in one week working for some company.

I bet there will always be an influx of new young girls coming to Pattaya.  

Edited by bkk6060

1 hour ago, itsari said:

A lot will depend on the next general election concerning the next eight years .

If the result of the election takes many months as before I would say there will be little change .

Do you really expect much change?

In day to day life I don't think I ever recognized a difference after any election.

I think the biggest differences I experienced happened because politicians or police decided to enforce existing laws i.e. with Purachai many years ago.

Otherwise it's more or less same same - not much different.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you really expect much change?

In day to day life I don't think I ever recognized a difference after any election.

I think the biggest differences I experienced happened because politicians or police decided to enforce existing laws i.e. with Purachai many years ago.

Otherwise it's more or less same same - not much different.

I think there is going to be a large swing to the reform parties at the next election . Look at the the way  people of Bangkok voted for the mayor position . 

Question is will the peoples vote be eliminated as in the last election . The future party with 20 percent of the vote was eliminated quickly .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, itsari said:

I think there is going to be a large swing to the reform parties at the next election . Look at the the way  people of Bangkok voted for the mayor position . 

Question is will the peoples vote be eliminated as in the last election . The future party with 20 percent of the vote was eliminated quickly .

So which changes do you expect?

Imagine there is the election and nobody tells you who won. By just observing the world around you, maybe for 6 months, with shopping, going out, etc. do you think you could tell who won the election? Personally I don't think I would be able to do that.

This is serious topic.

This is an important topic.

Anyone approaching this topic might address it in a multitude of ways...obviously:

a. Environmental impact of increased tourism

b. Projected increase of EVs (Electronic Vehicles)

c. Possible further decrepitude of the average TV poster, due to extremely advanced age

d. Possible further noise pollution and light pollution.

e. Possible impact of Musk's Starlink project on the night sky overhead

f. Possible 10 or 100-fold increase of our basic Internet speed

I have no time to get to Z, but, 26 possible important variables we might consider are still not enough in order to try to imagine the many ways Thailand will change by 2030.

This is an interesting topic for discussion.

This topic is one which most of us often think about, and maybe even worry about.

Take it seriously, if you will.

Or, not.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So which changes do you expect?

Imagine there is the election and nobody tells you who won. By just observing the world around you, maybe for 6 months, with shopping, going out, etc. do you think you could tell who won the election? Personally I don't think I would be able to do that.

The western political parties have become closer with there policies over the years .

Here in Thailand there would be a redistribution of wealth if the people's vote was allowed to stand . 

Sadly I suspect that will not be allowed to happen.

31 minutes ago, itsari said:

The western political parties have become closer with there policies over the years .

Here in Thailand there would be a redistribution of wealth if the people's vote was allowed to stand . 

Sadly I suspect that will not be allowed to happen.

How do you think would the new billionaire who wants to become Thai PM distribute the money?

Would he make sure that all the billionaires pay lots of taxes so that this will be used to make life better for the poor?

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Things don't change much and time flies so I predict Thailand will be almost the same in 2030

Or maybe back to how it was before the pandemic unless monkey pox gets out of hand or covid 20 come's along. 

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How do you think would the new billionaire who wants to become Thai PM distribute the money?

Would he make sure that all the billionaires pay lots of taxes so that this will be used to make life better for the poor?

The car parts king would i believe help the young people in Thailand . That is where the party is getting there support .

Would the party help the poor ? I do think they would reduce the spending on defense and distribute more to the people in need .

That would most probably create a further coup . 

• Like 1