TAT’s roadshow to Europe showcases “Visit Thailand Year 2022: Amazing New Chapters”

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok, 1 June, 2022 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) staged the “Amazing Thailand New Chapters Roadshow” to Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Ghent, Belgium, and Paris, France on 23-25 May, 2022, to promote the “Visit Thailand Year 2022: Amazing New Chapters” with marketing and promotional activities tailored for each market aimed at boosting tourism numbers back to Thailand.

A nice jolly for those involved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s 6F, 4M soft-power foundations are Food, Film, Fashion, Festival, Fight, Friendship, Music, Museum, Master, and Meta.

I am too old to understand "soft-power foundations".  Fight?  Master?  Meta?  I can however think of an F they overlooked for which the country is much more well known.

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2022 at 2:56 PM, spidermike007 said:

The new motto. "Come visit the land of cowards, where there are masks as far as the eye can see". Even outdoors. Even on motorbikes! Masks, and more masks everywhere. A recipe for a great vacation. Masks and reduced nightlife. Come and have some fun! Thailand is unique. We are one of the few nations left that asks you to wear a mask everywhere you go. And though we already said masks would be scrapped in two weeks, we had a one day spike, and since we are neither courageous nor do we practice common sense, we will keep wearing them for a year or more. Even outdoors. Even on the beach. 

I wonder if bar girls have to wear masks in bed? Only asking as compliance is required by the people who control the people who have no mind of their own.

On 6/1/2022 at 5:09 PM, Upnotover said:

I am too old to understand "soft-power foundations".  Fight?  Master?  Meta?  I can however think of an F they overlooked for which the country is much more well known.

Don't apologize for your age. Nor your lack of understanding of nonsense.

Soft power is one of the silliest terms ever invented. It is essentially something to say when you have little power, and when your allure has faded. Make stuff up, is kind of what it means. 

• Like 1

Come and visit Thailand, featuring the never ending covid story, which stars  timid souls wearing masks all the time. Directed by tiny men who deny science. And while here, do not resist and do not disobey. After all, we wouldn't want to show the locals how the rest of the world is getting on with their lives, would we? 

fcb81622-69cb-11ea-9de8-4adc9756b5c3_image_hires_173558.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, nong38 said:

Until they get rid of the Thai pass and all that that entails and stop all the mask wearing I don't see many from Europe heading to Thailand, there are so many more places that are more welcoming and that is a key word welcoming.

Plenty of people seem to be coming here, the Thai pass is simple to get, a mask is a trivial thing to be concerned over and Thailand is as welcoming as ever. Plenty of Indians seem to be managing it. There are  a lot of Oz guys about too. Europeans can't even get their airports up to speed. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

Surely the admission price structures of the sights and national parks were explained in detail to the audience as well as the latest mask rules, the midnight entertainment closing times, the Thai passport system, the insurance obligations and the reporting system if you want to stay with friends in a private Thai house or appartement.

So that it all works well with an uncomplicated Thailand vacation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Plenty of people seem to be coming here, the Thai pass is simple to get, a mask is a trivial thing to be concerned over and Thailand is as welcoming as ever. Plenty of Indians seem to be managing it. There are  a lot of Oz guys about too. Europeans can't even get their airports up to speed. 

Na. In the first 5 months of 2022 there were 1 million visitors. I am sure that Thailand and everyone who depends directly or indirectly on tourism would like to see significantly more visitors.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Na. In the first 5 months of 2022 there were 1 million visitors. I am sure that Thailand and everyone who depends directly or indirectly on tourism would like to see significantly more visitors.

Well of  course they would..... but there are still many coming and I don't see the Thai pass or trivial issue of donning a mask rarely as major deterrents!