Tourist Police in Pattaya

bbko

With the shifting of the nightlife scene I've been thinking they may have to extend their operations in high season to the Buakow. LK, Treetown area. I think you could see some serious action there when the masses return. I wonder if that massively obese guy is part of the crack Walking Street team, never actually seen him walking he's usually driving the golf buggy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

I often wonder if people would still be so keen if the uniform was a yellow t-shirt with smiley face, with "Tourist assistant" printed above it.

Might stop you from getting punched at least.

watch those falangs every second!!! film them every second!!!  There are not supposed to be prostitutes in Thailand, and likely illegal to pay them.   follow the falangs with the bar girl, get ready to arrest!!!

I would love to be a TP, and inspect all the VIP rooms for shenanigans.  I'd be walking on the place where the girls dance, making sure they are not indecent.   

arrest 1000 falangs a night, but I'd let them go after telling them how much power I have over their life!!!!!

10 testosterone shots before work.  check.   

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, bbko said:

I'm far from being on a power trip,  I just figure donating a few hours a week is a good thing, beats surfing the web all day and hitting the bars at night, eh?  I was a passenger in my expat friend's car when he was involved in his car vs  Thai motorbike accident on the Darkside, and in all the chaos a expat in civilian clothes showed up and help with police/ambulance/insurance stuff, turned out he was a Tourist Police volunteer. Very helpful in that stressful situation.

If I find they're a bunch of guys full of them selves, parading around in a uniform with more belt attachment than Batman just for show, I'll pass.

I've only met one guy (in Patts) that purported to be with the Tourist Police and he was most definitely full of himself. Aussie ex-copper iirc. I know that one swallow does not a summer make, but...TIT

Edited by Lemsta69

50 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

watch those falangs every second!!! film them every second!!!  There are not supposed to be prostitutes in Thailand, and likely illegal to pay them.   follow the falangs with the bar girl, get ready to arrest!!!

I would love to be a TP, and inspect all the VIP rooms for shenanigans.  I'd be walking on the place where the girls dance, making sure they are not indecent.   

arrest 1000 falangs a night, but I'd let them go after telling them how much power I have over their life!!!!!

10 testosterone shots before work.  check.   

Please do not forget to make an appointment to get your medication adjusted.

I think you need some more pills.

Either that or you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe both.

Edited by jvs
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nothing wrong with your idea & the idea itself, but the ones I have come across have been

almost obsessed with their own importance.

On the other hand met a couple of ambulance vol's who I had nothing but admiration for & 

addressed injuries properly before transporting with a humble approach 

15 hours ago, sungod said:

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Howard Miller, former leader of the Tourist Police Volunteer posse?

It was the FPV........ Foreign Police Volunteers, these guys can be found sitting in the desk sergeants office Pattaya police station soi 9.

Tourist Police Volunteer???????

I've not seen foreign TOURIST police volunteers.

The tourist police office is located Pratumnak, never seen foreigner volunteers working there only, Thai volunteers. 

Howard Miller, around 2001, when I arrived he was a very public person, television, social gatherings etc., there's a few stories on the internet. 

I heard he was a very naughty boy, now living back in the UK. 

Below is an AN/TV page from 2009. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

Absolute scum the lot of them these foreign police volunteer's do more harm than good, just some no names getting a bit of power which were rejected in their home country's

You do not know what you are talking about...... 

There have been a few bad apples but they do not last long. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Before Covid at the local Thai market, and at a local Loy Krathong, 98% Thais a very tall large pompous looking police volunteer git standing with hands on hips surveying everyone, was making most feel uncomfortable with his overbearing look at me stance.

Pathetic. 

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It was the FPV........ Foreign Police Volunteers, these guys can be found sitting in the desk sergeants office Pattaya police station soi 9.

Tourist Police Volunteer???????

I've not seen foreign TOURIST police volunteers.

The tourist police office is located Pratumnak, never seen foreigner volunteers working there only, Thai volunteers. 

Howard Miller, around 2001, when I arrived he was a very public person, television, social gatherings etc., there's a few stories on the internet. 

I heard he was a very naughty boy, now living back in the UK. 

Below is an AN/TV page from 2009. 

Actually there were /are tourist Police volunteers, they were they guys at the end of WS. Said Howard Miller was their Major General. I've also seen them in Bangkok in Khao San road.

Believe it or not there used to be a High Way Police volunteer farang in Pattaya. He was a big fat guy who fancied himself a bit. Was at a check on Sukhumvit one day many years ago, his eyes lit up when he saw me in my car (guess all the other drivers were Thai) and came over demanding papers etc. Told him to F O and get a real police man, he was not amused.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, natway09 said:

Nothing wrong with your idea & the idea itself

If you never want to have real fiends' here, or integrate with either Thais or your expat mates, if you want to be an expat social outcast , go ahead. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Tourist police volunteers were Thais 

Mate, you are confused.

Niels Colov ran the FPV who were situated at Police Stations.

Howard Miller ran the Tourist Police Volunteers in Pattaya, these were the guys in WS.

Watch this video, about 30 seconds in.

image.png.d1aba55aab194dcf044d6fa9e8a60eee.png

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

If you never want to have real fiends' here, or integrate with either Thais or your expat mates, if you want to be an expat social outcast , go ahead. 

You have no idea what the volunteers are all about and you are just spouting nonsense.

They are there to help the real tourists and not really the people who live here,it happens but usually they know their way around.

It makes a lot of tourists very happy if the can speak to some one in their own language and they see a friendly face.

Most of the job involves translating and helping tourists who have lost things or need to go to the hospital and such.

Your reactions Doctor Tom say a lot about you.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Good for you I think you should do it having English speakers with military backgrounds is a good addition.

They can have military backgrounds as many as they have. In Thailand they're only guests with no executive rights whatsoever. 

6 minutes ago, jvs said:

hey are there to help the real tourists and not really the people who live here,it happens but usually they know their way around.

It makes a lot of tourists very happy if the can speak to some one in their own language and they see a friendly face

So guess to cope with demand for their help and support they are currently recruiting for Hindi or Bengali speaking police volunteers given the increase in gold necklace thefts from Indians ????

• Haha 2