Tourist Police in Pattaya

bbko

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Mate, you are confused.

Niels Colov ran the FPV who were situated at Police Stations.

Howard Miller ran the Tourist Police Volunteers in Pattaya, these were the guys in WS

Mate, the OP wants to be a volunteer 2022, not a decade or two ago.

Like I said, if the OP wants to join the volunteer police today (2022) he needs to apply to the FPV not Tourist Police. 

Whocares about Howard Miller and his Motley crew. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Mate, the OP wants to be a volunteer 2022, not a decade or two ago.

Like I said, if the OP wants to join the volunteer police today (2022) he needs to apply to the FPV not Tourist Police. 

Whocares about Howard Miller and his Motley crew. 

So have the tourist police volunteers been disbanded? Admittedly for the last 2 years they have not been needed.

I dont care much about Howard Miller either, just pointing out they were tourist police volunteers, not FPV as you said.

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

All the ones I have ever seen are dick heads and look it. All other tourist countries make do with their own police Service and perhaps Para Military Police as in Spain's case. There is no rational case for foreign expats here pretending to be police. They look and act ridiculous.   

Just a guess and then i will leave you at it,i have probably met more of them then you have.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sungod said:

So have the tourist police volunteers been disbanded? Admittedly for the last 2 years they have not been needed.

I dont care much about Howard Miller either, just pointing out they were tourist police volunteers, not FPV as you said.

I'm not sure either, maybe Howard Miller or a similar type destroyed this group for foreigners.

You still see the Tourist police volunteers but they are Thais. 

Maybe someone else can add some light. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you want people to be disgusted of you, even that might not be true or nice, you should certainly join that laughing force. If you are that bored, just become a volunteer on a medic crash car instead, that suits your experience too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

There is no rational case for foreign expats here pretending to be police. They look and act ridiculous.   

Indeed, they are even laughed at by the actual Thai police themselves. Even worse is that old man in Chiang Mai who helps them to collect money over tourist motorbike drivers. So disgusting, they are the worst in entire Thailand. I have more respect for a corrupt Thai cop than them. Wether true or not, wannabe is always the word coming to mind.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

I'm reading a lot negativity towards these volunteers, it's not for me but these volunteers do a great job.

They give up their free time to help others.

Yes, there are a few bad eggs but bad eggs are everywhere.

There's a volunteer at Pattaya Police Station soi 9 everyday, 9am to 2pm, a Canadian guy works Sundays, or used to, he helped my friend who had a gf issue (don't we all, ha ha). 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm reading a lot negativity towards these volunteers, it's not for me but these volunteers do a great job.

They give up their free time to help others.

Yes, there are a few bad eggs but bad eggs are everywhere.

There's a volunteer at Pattaya Police Station soi 9 everyday, 9am to 2pm, a Canadian guy works Sundays, or used to, he helped my friend who had a gf issue (don't we all ha ha). 

They are not helpful at all, might as well bring a Thai to translate for you when you actually need them. Otherwise basic English would be fine with the Thai cops on almost any police station as well. Some even get some money from ripping of tourists on bikes or function as actual rats for immigration or against bars.

• Like 1

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

They are not helpful at all, might as well bring a Thai to translate for you when you actually need them. Otherwise basic English would be fine with the Thai cops on almost any police station as well. Some even get some money from ripping of tourists on bikes or function as actual rats for immigration or against bars.

People like that, and doing that, are beyond degusting. 

So OP, I hope that from the vast majority of these replies you will seriously think again.  Go lie down on the beach, get drunk, get fat, get  laid, whatever turns you on, just don't go down that volunteer road.  

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Like I said, bad eggs are everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

All of that is nonsense and doesn't cover up for the fact that they are wannabe cops parading about in uniform in a foreign  country.  If what you say is anywhere near true, why do they wear a knock off police uniform (actually fancy dress).  They could do the job you supposed that they do with one ID around their necks. The actual Thai tourist police do a good job and don't need these Walter Mitty types help at all.  They are pathetic, laughable clowns and I for one will have nothing to do with them.  

I'll never forget some years ago being stopped on Sukhumvit Rd by the Traffic Police station just north of Pattaya Tai. A fairly large number of foreign police volunteers were there helping the professional and incorruptible RTP and they were all decked out in what looked like regular police uniforms.

What really made this incident unforgettable was the bus full of Thais slowly passing the check/chokepoint, - I so wish I had a photo of it. The Thais were howling with laughter while pointing at the volunteers and I remember feeling a bit ashamed on their behalf while thinking what kind of a person would expose himself to such ridicule.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

watch those falangs every second!!! film them every second!!!  There are not supposed to be prostitutes in Thailand, and likely illegal to pay them.   follow the falangs with the bar girl, get ready to arrest!!!

I would love to be a TP, and inspect all the VIP rooms for shenanigans.  I'd be walking on the place where the girls dance, making sure they are not indecent.   

arrest 1000 falangs a night, but I'd let them go after telling them how much power I have over their life!!!!!

10 testosterone shots before work.  check.   

And your point is?

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm not sure either, maybe Howard Miller or a similar type destroyed this group for foreigners.

You still see the Tourist police volunteers but they are Thais. 

Maybe someone else can add some light. 

Very clearly back

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/02/pattaya-police-inspect-walking-street-entertainment-venues-on-the-first-day-of-reopening-to-remind-operators-about-the-rules/?fbclid=IwAR3v7sl6-KK0SPdZo2mIGAaDZXTpGuKI0mvE1Cq_KwIycK9m6o-xwxyWmAQ

Capture.JPG

7 hours ago, sungod said:

Interesting..... 

From what I'm reading, OP thread, is that the foreign volunteer police system is broken.

Lots of weird stuff happening and weirdos working there.

Looking at the link you attached, it appears to me that this volunteer guy is on his own.

This guy looks awkward standing alone, maybe he has family there and they feel sorry for him, or maybe that's his daughter in the photo, she's keeping an eye on him, making sure that he does nothing wrong. 

Thanks for the link, I'll watch this space as I'm keen to find out more. 

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

A lot of animosity on this thread but I'm sure if you were in trouble and they came to help you'd take it

As I said earlier, they helped my friend in the past and he was happy with their service but from what I'm reading, things seem a little sinister within the ranks. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

The level of negativity here is to be expected.  I'm neither a wanna-be or on a power trip. 

Some here think me wanting to donate a few hours a week (using my past 24 years of military/paramedic background) is some sort of power trip...555. 

If you don't like the foreign tourist police volunteers, so be it, I'm not here to try and change your mind. Think what you want, I'll do what I want.

Cheers.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vidgra said:

All these bastords wannabee are so ridiculous that I don't know how anybody with some self esteem would like to join them...

It take all types to make a world...... it is not my scene either, but I know several who  volunteer and they are pretty regular guys. I can't hate them for that, and they do supply a helpful service. You may feel different if you had need of them one day. 

I had one acquaintance who was ex military and a bit simple minded, liked to dress up and also drive about with his emblazoned arm sticking out of his truck window. I expect the job attracts a few of those types. 

23 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

That's hilarious, he's does n't have the balls to sort it out his own - lol.

My mates gf was the one that went to the police. 

A Thai police officer came to my friend's condo and told him to go to Soi 9, it's when my mate got to the police station the FPV got involved. 

So, what are you saying, the Thai girl has no balls, that's hilarious - lol

Edited by SAFETY FIRST