Out of control foreign "tourist" smashes up Bangkok Bank branch in north - causes nearly 500K damage

webfact

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's not true, I've had my damaged BBL debit card replaced a number of times at local branches.

Thats not true.  I have just been through the process in Kalasin, either return to Bangkok or transfer the balance to new account in Kalasin.  I also checked with 3 branches...same story.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed.... I recall getting annoyed at the SCB Branch Manager in Thonglor... 

I can’t remember exactly what I wanted, but it needed proof of ID. 

My Passport was at immigration (work permit processing I think), I had a letter. 

I had my Thai Driving Licence & UK driving Licence, I had a previous Passport (corner clipped off). 

Bank teller wasn’t sure and got the manager. 

The branch manager wouldn’t accept any of this. I made him call head office, I spoke with head office told them what ID I had, they said it was fine. Branch manager, still refused to accept my ID and refused my transaction (or whatever it was I wanted to do at the time). 

I recall getting quite irritated and asking him why is he so stupid... (in Thai) in front of his staff...

Feeling slightly indignant and somewhat better.... I jumped in the motor and went to the next SCB down the road... in and out, no issues !!!.... 

Sometimes these fools can just push your buttons !!! 

If I need to leave my passport at immigration  , I always make sure that I go and do my banking before I give my PP to immigration , I go to the bank the day before and get my business done and then the next day I hand my passport in to immigration 

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

When you are 40th in line waiting and Bangkok Bank only has one teller who is taking 30 minutes to deal with a customer depositing company payroll.

90% of those in the queue are simply withdrawing cash as they don't want to pay the 200 baht a year ATM fee (no lie)

12 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The separation counter glass 5k a piece tops, the monitor printer etc 25K tops. Then the bigger damage being the actual security doors and windows, no way those cost more than 200K. Actually i think just 150k total.

Do not believe a word that those 'security doors' are even worth naming 'security' as he kicked them in with some basic rocks lol.

Banksters as usual.

What about the broken computer , how much would it cost to replace the banks broken computer ?

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What about the broken computer , how much would it cost to replace the banks broken computer ?

The stuff they use? Windows 95 right? Maybe 2000 baht lol. Serious answer? Doubt over 5-10K, that was included in the total of 25K already, at a high estimate.

You could buy a new Windows computer with 23 inch monitor and a 3in1print/scanner for less than 15K total easily. That computer and monitor would be way better than what they had for sure.

The staff should be thankful, they get paid off leave due to fixing the place up and finally some decent hardware too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The stuff they use? Windows 95 right? Maybe 2000 baht lol. Serious answer? Doubt over 5-10K, that was included in the total of 25K already, at a high estimate.

Even the cheapest computer is 15-20 000 Baht .

A medium range computer would be about 50 000 Baht 

Pai was built on drugs supplied by the Hmong people, and in cahoots with the police.. They would grow and bring it in from Burma.  10-1 this guy was strung out.

A typical farang piece of <deleted>. The one who thinks he has a share in those Newton discoveries. And as such - has more rights than many others. Especially, those in the third world countries' territories.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hellfire said:

A typical farang piece of <deleted>. 

I was thinking the same thing about the Thai cops in Pai.

12 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

No pointing ????

I see an opportunity for some serious pointing has gone by the wayside.

Bank staff pointing at the damage, police pointing at the farang, farang pointing at the ATM that didn't give him money.

I get your point. Well said.????

• Like 1

"Out of control Canadian man goes berserk and smashes up  bank!"  Or

"Canuck runs Amok!"

If this report  had been about a Thai man his nationality (where his nationality  is irrelevant) would have been in the head  line.

Edited by The Hammer2021

39 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

ai farang!!

Get them out of this country.  Thailand needs to take a hardline approach to these farang and make an example out of them.

It is time for Thailand to rise.

Hardline excessive penalties for foreigners who break the law in Thailand, be it a mistake or not you mean ?????

.... You first......  Or would you then cry for unfair treatment ?.... Double charging ???... you see where this is going don’t you....  

...  You may have ‘gone-native’....  The guy stuffed up and deserves exactly the same charges and penalty any other Thai person would receive for the same vandalism... thats it. 

• Like 1