Phuket: Masks back on amid Covid fears - huge flip-flop in first pilot area in Thailand after just one day

webfact

46 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Please, stop the nonsense.........

I think everybody can comprehend what you are saying. However, you not wearing a mask out of protest will not start a revolution. And even if many copy you it wont. Unfortunately it might not have any positive effect at all. And for sure it does not change anything. What might be needed is something so much more bigger on different levels that you as a visitor here can not be a part of it. This does not make you a sheep. But maybe it would be a wise standpoint.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, 2long said:

Amazing that the country which is famous for 'mulling' decisions that take forever to be made is the same bunch of Muppets who make it official one way, then officially the other way just hours later!

Anyway,  I was recently in Phuket and a lot of locals don't wear masks in public anymore.

Not the case in my part of Bangkok, it’s only the foreigners and a few homeless people not wearing masks. Hard to tell the difference sometimes anyway.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KCPhuket said:

Another stupid decision by the morons in Bangkok it's not the masks keeping people healthy it's the vaccine and they've got it when they're gonna let go of this manipulation monkey shi*

So the morons in Phuket aren’t wearing masks because they think the vaccines mean they can’t get Covid or pass it to someone more at risk.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, simola said:

Totally agree. Unfortunately it’s all about maintaining a state of fear and control of people. My wife is Thai and we have tickets booked to Thailand in March. We won’t be coming unless the mask nonsense stops. Why would we travel and spend hard earned money in a country that has nonsense restrictions we don’t have in our own. RIP tourism ????????.

Compare the number of deaths in your country to almost any country in this region and you might realise the stupidity of the westerners obsession that wearing a mask is about some sinister plot to take away your rights. That’s the real nonsense.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, johnc925 said:

Masks are not legally required. There is no binding law requiring it.

tell that to the RTP when they pull you up n fine you, and see how far your argument gets you ... better to say mai pen rai, smile and wear the things lol ????????

Thankfully laws are merely suggestions in Thailand. The enforcement of this rule in Phuket is similar to the enforcement of laws for wearing a motorbike helmet, having a license to drive, littering, or paying bribes. 

• Like 1

We are in Phuket - a few locals are wearing them but I have hardly seen any tourists wearing them.

99% of tourists are Arab and Indian at the moment - not seen a single Arab wearing one and only a couple of Indians.

all good fun ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jippytum said:

Seems like everyday some official makes a statement regarding some amendment to current regulations that are then reported in the press. Often within hours the new orders are recinded in another frequent  U turn. People are sick and tired ofconstant corrections from  publicly mad  idiots 

I think the worst was a few years ago when, just a couple of weeks before Songkran, the Govt suddenly announced no more riding in the back of pickups.  Everybody was in a sudden flurry trying to make alternative arrangements to get home for Songkran.  Buses, planes and trains were all full, people were in a panic.  The govt woke up at the last monment and said "yeah well, err aaahh maybe people need more notice than that" and reversed the law stating they would look into it all when everything settles down after songkran.  Never heard another word about the new law and thats got to be 3 to 5 years ago lol!

7 hours ago, simola said:

Totally agree. Unfortunately it’s all about maintaining a state of fear and control of people. My wife is Thai and we have tickets booked to Thailand in March. We won’t be coming unless the mask nonsense stops. Why would we travel and spend hard earned money in a country that has nonsense restrictions we don’t have in our own. RIP tourism ????????.

If you are going south there is no need for masks anyway, except 7/11 or Big C etc for 'show'.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Germany  and Spain  still require  masks and Portugal will probably  reintroduce them too.

You are incorrect. Spain dropped the rules and Germany also. 

It's up to the individual. 

No mask needed outdoors at all in these countries. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jippytum said:

Seems like everyday some official makes a statement regarding some amendment to current regulations that are then reported in the press. Often within hours the new orders are recinded in another frequent  U turn. People are sick and tired ofconstant corrections from  publicly mad  idiots 

No...I am so used to the flip flop I expect it.

When there is no flip flop I panic that something is wrong 

• Like 1