Dual Pricing Reconfirmed In Thailand National Parks

webfact

3 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

It has been my observation that Thai people do not CARE what we think. They see these practices as perfectly acceptable. ????

Does any country care what foreigners think? 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Used Pink Card for Covid Jab process only ( to negotiate different Appt.).

I thought you had to show visa in passport. 

I couldn't get a vaccine but foreigners could in Khon Kaen because I didn't have a visa. 

33 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

In my case though, I got my Pink ID NOT at Municipal ( too corrupt I believe to be trusted with it) but at Interior Ministry which I believe issues Pink Migrant Cards ! SO possibly MY card is on migrant format ????????????

I got mine at forensic police station 

4 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

the idea is to scrap dual pricing and introducing an equitable pricing scheme that also reflects the "value" of each individual National Park.

Been the same idea, BS, for 20 years.  As long as tourist don't mind paying, they'll keep charging.  They know nobody will be coming back, so get it while they can.

Yet to have been to a mainland national park that was worth the Thai fee, or even if free.  Been to a few and thought, 'why'd I even bother, glad it was free' ????

What some consider a park, waterfall or attraction is mind boggling.

I honestly don't remember paying any noticeable fees when I made the rounds the first couple years here, 2000 ish.  And none impressed me, worth the 10 or 20 baht or whatever, I 'might' have paid.  Usually disappointed I drove out of my way to even peek at it.

The countryside near the park was just as nice, if not better.  How I travel now, if wanting to 'go to' a park area.  Yet to really find anything inside a park, better than out.  IMHO

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, they do. 

My ex wife's name was in Thai on hers only, and not the same as my GF's Non Thai Pink ID card which is in Thai as well as romanized script.  My Pink non Immigrant ID card is only in Thai., same with the yellow book. In fact so is the motorbikes green book and my cars blue book.

Edited by ThailandRyan

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thai and Roman, same as passport 

Nope only in Thai as I stated.  I still have copies of it all, as it's needed because we have a daughter together.  I guess not all Areas do it according to how it should be done and the way it is on yours.

Edited by ThailandRyan

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nope only in Thai as I stated.  I still have copies of it all, as it's needed because we have a daughter together.  I guess not all Areas do it according to how it should be done and the way it is on yours.

Interesting. Nowadays, it's law, must be romanized. Actually, since 2005.

Edited by Neeranam

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Interesting. Nowadays, it's law, must be romanized. 

I do understand what your saying, but my items (Paperwork) are 9 and 10 years old.  Maybe when I renew my Pink non Thai ID card this November they will change it.  However, last year they did not here in BKK, when they changed the address on it last year, nor did they change the Yellow book, only added the new address in it and struck out the old one.  I thought the yellow book would need to be returned at the Amphur in Udon when we finalized the divorce, but I was told to take it to my new residence Amphur and have them add my new address into it as the number will follow me forever and is linked to the Pink Non Thai ID card.  Will be interesting to see what happens this year upon renewal as I said.

36 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The Pink ID has one use IMHO. 

You don't have to carry your yellow housebook, that some foreigners call "tabien baan" ????every 5 years to renew your driver's license. However, most DL centres don't accept it. 

Its not a substitute for the Thai ID as it doesn't have an electronic chip. 

If you are referring the usefulness of the Pink ID beyond the Yellow House book (which I call the 'Yellow Tabien Baan House book' mixing Thai and English to avoid confusion and entertain you in much the same way some foreigners may say 'Kæng kheiywhwan curry'  ????)... 

Then it has a few additional uses...

- In Banks (when I don’t have my passport with me - works for me)

- As ID in my Wallet (Police were happy with it - they’d have probably been happy with a DL though).

- National Park Entry (not all accept it and its not as if I’m in a national park every day).

- DLT Area 3 in Bangkok (Sukhumvit) definitely accepts the Pink ID (or did 2 years ago).

No one is saying its a substitute for the Thai ID (which we all know you have !), but it is useful as a Government issued Photo ID and can be carried around easily in the wallet instead of having to carry a passport (or photo copy of etc). 

Having the Yellow Book and Pink ID certainly isn’t life changing and they are far from a necessity. 

They add some convenience and can save a little money. Personally, I was sick of paying 2500 baht to the British Embassy for the Affirmation of Residency letter every time I needed one (and I can’t get the Letter of Address from Immigration as I never do a 90 day report).

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I do understand what your saying, but my items (Paperwork) are 9 and 10 years old.  Maybe when I renew my Pink non Thai ID card this November they will change it.  However, last year they did not here in BKK, when they changed the address on it last year, nor did they change the Yellow book, only added the new address in it and struck out the old one.  I thought the yellow book would need to be returned at the Amphur in Udon when we finalized the divorce, but I was told to take it to my new residence Amphur and have them add my new address into it as the number will follow me forever and is linked to the Pink Non Thai ID card.  Will be interesting to see what happens this year upon renewal as I said.

Strange. There are no "amphur" in Bangkok, they are called "ket". 

Usually, you need a letter from the old place to get a new yellow book. I changed location three times and needed a letter and they stamped the old YB closed. 

Most people get their tax number on the YB but some get a random number

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you are referring the usefulness of the Pink ID beyond the Yellow House book (which I call the 'Yellow Tabien Baan House book' mixing Thai and English to avoid confusion and entertain you in much the same way some foreigners may say 'Kæng kheiywhwan curry'  ????)... 

Then it has a few additional uses...

- In Banks (when I don’t have my passport with me - works for me)

- As ID in my Wallet (Police were happy with it - they’d have probably been happy with a DL though).

- National Park Entry (not all accept it and its not as if I’m in a national park every day).

- DLT Area 3 in Bangkok (Sukhumvit) definitely accepts the Pink ID (or did 2 years ago).

No one is saying its a substitute for the Thai ID (which we all know you have !), but it is useful as a Government issued Photo ID and can be carried around easily in the wallet instead of having to carry a passport (or photo copy of etc). 

Having the Yellow Book and Pink ID certainly isn’t life changing and they are far from a necessity. 

They add some convenience and can save a little money. Personally, I was sick of paying 2500 baht to the British Embassy for the Affirmation of Residency letter every time I needed one (and I can’t get the Letter of Address from Immigration as I never do a 90 day report).

Yes, better to have a pink card than not, especially if you don't have a Work Permit. 

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Surprised you cant get on a flight with a DL, I have multiple times.

Cant say carrying a passport for the 2 times I've opened a bank account in the last 25 years has been much of a hassle.

I wouldn’t surprise me if I could or couldn’t... the same with the Pink ID... half expected them not to allow that. 

There is never any consistency with any of these things which is why experience varies and one person says... I can get a Thai DL with my pink ID while another argues that we can’t....    both are correct in their own experience. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

While ‘Ket’ is the correct Thai term for the District Offices in Bangkok even Thai’s, when speaking in English will refer to the District office as Amphur Office...   

So... whenever anyone (on this thread or elsewhere) refers to an Amphur office in Bangkok we know exactly what they mean....  Arguing this point is as silly as pointing out a grammatical error or arguing how Falang is supposed to be spelt !!! 

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, better to have a pink card than not, especially if you don't have a Work Permit. 

Unforunately, work permits no longer contain people addresses (according to reports on here), so they are not longer accepted as proof of address.

But, WP's are accepted in banks etc to open accounts...  the Yellow House books is a good alternative. 

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Usually, you need a letter from the old place to get a new yellow book. I changed location three times and needed a letter and they stamped the old YB closed. 

Most people get their tax number on the YB but some get a random number

Sorry, Khet, and yes I had a letter, one which the local Khet here in BKK verified first with the Udon Amphur before doing anything, and that in itself took several days, but why digress It happened and is the way things happened.

My yellow book is the same one issued in the North, and has the new address inside of it.  No issues, just took time, and no it was not closed out and a new one issued. The old address in the book was lined out and the new one written on the top with the same information as my basically empty bluebook I have for my residence I own here in BKK.

So I apologize if I have not used the correct terms you so eloquently eluded to. It is what it is. Not everything is as you say it should be or try to state is the way it is.  Remember, every province does things there own way.

7 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

You had a narrow escape from jail !

NEVER Deface or Discard Thai Money ! It has the King Image so that’s Lese Majesye violation????????

African backbacker fined 100k plus after jumping on coins, back in the 90s in KSR

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

While ‘Ket’ is the correct Thai term for the District Offices in Bangkok even Thai’s, when speaking in English will refer to the District office as Amphur Office...   

So... whenever anyone (on this thread or elsewhere) refers to an Amphur office in Bangkok we know exactly what they mean....  Arguing this point is as silly as pointing out a grammatical error or arguing how Falang is supposed to be spelt !!! 

Unforunately, work permits no longer contain people addresses (according to reports on here), so they are not longer accepted as proof of address.

But, WP's are accepted in banks etc to open accounts...  the Yellow House books is a good alternative. 

The new Work Permit my housekeeper was given two months ago is a blue type of book with her photo and my information in it, no longer were they doing the work permit card this time around.

16545964566739190929584057292959.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paulikens said:

why is it other countries can do it and there's no outcry, yet if some countries done it especially europe and america they would be called racist.    

Racism is acceptable in Thailand.  Milking foreigners, tourist or expat, of their money is also accepted, even encouraged.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's more if you're a foreigner, you're a foreigner, and therefore you pay extra.  It has nothing to do with tourism, it's all about racism.

All countries have benefits/look after for their citizens first. 

Strange is only white expats that get in the huff about it. 

25 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's more if you're a foreigner, you're a foreigner, and therefore you pay extra.  It has nothing to do with tourism, it's all about racism.

Do you consider it to be racist when Thais can stay in Thailand without a Visa and foreigners need to get a Visa ?

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

All countries have benefits/look after for their citizens first. 

Any examples?

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Strange is only white expats that get in the huff about it. 

All people are bothered by racism.  Strange that it's only people that hate White expats that gets triggered when they discuss it and project their anger onto them.

Edited by BangkokReady