Cabinet divisions break out over U.K. plan to override Brexit treaty

onthedarkside

2 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

This might shock you but your liberal use of capital letters doesn't make your posts more believable, quite the contrary.

In about 10 years, when the UK is back in the EU fold, we will all look back on this period of temporary Brit insanity and shake out heads, and historians will in the future probably refer to this time as "The Lost Years".

Looking forward to your next referendum!:thumbsup:

Why wait? Change your hated Passport now and Stay in EU????????Rumania quite cheap ????????

17 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

EU behaviour over NI Protocol clearly in breach of “UK sovereignty” &  “good faith” treaty provisions. 

Not clearly at all

Uk sovereignty: the EU is applying the agreement negotiated. If it is true that there us a breach of sovereignty, it means It's BoJo who breached it by signing the agreement

Good faith: the EU is applying the same checks as to any third-party country without any discrimination, in accordance to TWO rules

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

English people went to Ireland to grow food and cultivate plantations and they voted to be part of the U.K 

Most were Scottish, and somebody else was already there planting stuff in the very same land.

But a nationalist not understanding the history of his own nation is no surprise.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

EU behaviour over NI Protocol clearly in breach of “UK sovereignty” &  “good faith” treaty provisions. 

That's your opinion. Mine is different. I guess that the legal bods will decide who of us is right.

7 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Control of borders & laws

From 1996 to 2014, the UK was forced to enact +/-1.5% of EU legislation against its' will: It comes down to a value judgement i.e. whether you think that regaining 1.5% more sovereignty is worth all this hassle. I don't. I assume that you do.

Regarding the control of borders. The UK needs to import labour. It appears to me that we are merely substituting  EU labour for, say, Canadian labour. Again, it comes down to a value judgement. You may think this valuable and worth the ongoing hassle, I don't.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, robblok said:

If you are not going to keep your word you should not agree to something. Untrustworthy that what it is. Next time don't trust UK.

Hope the EU puts up some sanctions if they do. First you agree to something and later you want to rip it up. Definition of untrustworthy. I hope the EU hits back hard if they do so. 

Besides if the Irish want to unite and leave the EU its their choice. 

The Northern Irish you mean?

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

English people went to Ireland to grow food and cultivate plantations and they voted to be part of the U.K 

They occupied Irish land by force. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

What he said has accountable factual basis.He is not to be lightly dismissed like some emotionally- driven “ no value” Twitter muppet. 

I have shown that EU is not respecting UK or Treaty but you and others are impervious to Reason & Facts, for reasons of emotional political narrative. Life is Bloody Difficult. Get Real. Anyway you are Dismissed. ????

and this is the best you can do.... I know, I know, truth hurts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Nobody has linked it to Empire. Except you. It's all in your mind.

Modern day cloggies are still bent out of shape about our old empire being bigger and better than theirs was. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That was the Norwegians who went there by force and stole the land  

Oh dear more deflection. 

Brian Boru. 

Battle of Clontarf. 

Ireland once more free. 

Oh and talking of vikings. 

https://www.historyhit.com/who-were-the-normans-and-why-did-they-conquer-england/#:~:text=The Normans were Vikings who,the leader of the Vikings.

Edited by Bluespunk

20 hours ago, baboon said:

What does that even mean? Proud to have emerged from the vagina of a British woman? I didn't exactly have a choice.

I have been talking with French and German friends who also emerged from French and German vaginas and hey! We seem to get along just fine.

Getting along being the point, despite the poison of the UK press. Let your hate die with you.

Agree totally. Never understood Nationalism!  One's nationality (and religion) is purely an accident of birth.

• Like 2