Prince Charles told by U.K. leaders to stop meddling in politics amid immigration comment backlash

onthedarkside

Charles is, of course, entitled to an opinion like anyone else however, the problem is that, as heir to the throne, his opinion is widely publicised and the government have to address it. 

I remember in the '80s and '90s, ministers complaining about the volume of letters he was sending on trivial matters e.g. his view from Buckingham Palace would be spoiled if a building was erected. Joe Public would receive a cursory 'The Minister thanks you for your letter ...' type reply but because it was Charles, a fully researched reply would have to be sent.

He should refrain from commenting on matters if there is a chance that his views are made public.

3 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Charles should keep his big mouth shut on anything to do with politics, I though he understood this?

Not sure that he understands much.  He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the box. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd like to think of myself a a fairly loyal Brit to the monarchy. The queen is great !

That said , Charles is a complete arxx ( rhymes with pass )

But, I like William and his wife, I think he has a lot of his mother and the queen in him. So, get charlie to turn it down save the monarchy.

Charles will destroy the monarchy, not make it better in any way.

Agree with all of that. 

Anyone who reputably has 2 valets to dress him in the morning, and up to 5 times during the day as he changers his clothes, and ties his shoe laces for him, after pressing them flat with an iron, is a very, very, very, odd person indeed, Royal or not.   Sounds like a second rate 1890s period drama.  I learnt to dress myself at 3 years old, he apparently did not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RayC said:

Charles is, of course, entitled to an opinion like anyone else however, the problem is that, as heir to the throne, his opinion is widely publicised and the government have to address it. 

I remember in the '80s and '90s, ministers complaining about the volume of letters he was sending on trivial matters e.g. his view from Buckingham Palace would be spoiled if a building was erected. Joe Public would receive a cursory 'The Minister thanks you for your letter ...' type reply but because it was Charles, a fully researched reply would have to be sent.

He should refrain from commenting on matters if there is a chance that his views are made public.

I agree,  it has always been an unwritten rule that "Royals" do not comment on anything political, or could be considered political, for obvious reasons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1