Good Seafood In Patong

AAArdvark

Are there any good seafood restaurants along Patong beach?  Something other than the usual tourist traps with customers who will never eat there again anyway.

So, any suggestions would be helpful.

Beechbums right

Rawai Seafood market is excellent and places upgraded

Better if you take a Thai lady with you and get her to buy the food (with the farangs distancing themselves). You will get fresher  and far cheaper prices and just take it to one of the several restaurants for cooking.

Always look forward to it

3 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

I'm looking for a restaurant and not a market.. I will have a lady with me but not a Thai.  How about a least touristy place.

Problem is, for minimal tourists you're going to have to travel quite some way from Patong in particular, and the west coast in general.   For seafood and mainly Thai customers, Chaiyo on a creek in Vichit is good.   Laem Hin Seafood in Phuket Town also worth a visit, as are the floating restaurants that you access next to Laem Hin.   Good seafood at KanEang@Pier in Chalong, and the restaurants next to the sea in Palai, also in Chalong.

• Like 1

Use to go to Savoy, right at the corner with Bangla. Took out my wife there a few days after we met. Think it was a first for her in a decent restaurant, and to have a good Cabernet Sauvignon with her seafood. 13 years ago...

• Like 1

Most Everything in Patong is an overpriced tourists trap.

Great beach though.

Rawai  live seafood market is worth the trip if you've got transportation. 

You can pick out your own seafood at to the fresh Seafood market. Numerous restaurants will cook your haul at 100 baht a Kilo by the market.

We've done it many times.  It's good fun! 

• Like 1

As everyone mentioned Patong is a tourist trap, but if you're in Patong for a short period it's a long way to go to Rawai or Chalong to just eat , specially now on a bike when it's raining every 5 minutes...

Try Mr. Good's Seafood, near Bangla on 2nd road, can Google it. To be honest I've been there only once, and that's with a tourist friend who just walked in before I could say anything....! lol , the food was not so bad, and prices reasonable...