All city-run schools in Bangkok declared cannabis-free zones

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

Let's hope they have more luck with that then they did educating kids in the dangers of excessive alcohol.

but having a beer with friends is a social pass time enjoyed by the billions the world over,  and it's legal,  smoking dangerous weeds or injecting drugs is illegal and frowned upon in most societies.  Thankfully ...

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Chadchart is stepping in the wrong direction, towards conservative electorate (which don't like him).

Recent landslide victory to become Governor not withstanding. They dislike him so much that many of them voted for him.

Wonder what they smoke ?

15 minutes ago, Denim said:

Recent landslide victory to become Governor not withstanding. They dislike him so much that many of them voted for him.

Wonder what they smoke ?

no, conservatives did not vote for him. What I have meant he will be losing from the younger population and gaining with seniors. Not that they will support him, just giving him more space.

Conservatives might see through his political game, if he indeed wants to score against the central government

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear ....  !     this whole drug decriminalization has really come back to bite the authorities,  it's a mess that will get worse.

the pot heads are happy but thai's are dying everywhere because of this stupid change in the law. 

lets just hope the kids don't get involved,  but sadly I doubt it unless they seriously run a campaign that tells kids '  drugs are wrong '   and '  stay away from drugs and pot heads '    

Thais are dying everywhere?Because of what?Do you really expect me to take you serious?

Yes a  campaign will tell kids to not get involved,are you for real?

So many campaigns against the use of alcohol,kids still drink!

Campaigns against smoking ,kids still smoke.

You have forgotten how kids think.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The measure follows a report of the hospitalisations of four people after reportedly having used cannabis, with one dying of heart failure.

This one smells like morning on a dairy farm.

• Like 2

The US had a "just say no to drugs" campaign in the 1980s, the pet project of the then First Lady.  A few years later a problem with teenage alcoholism cropped up: no one told the kids not to drink.  The whole effort fell on it's face by the 1990s when heroin became all the rage with the young rock musicians of that generation.

• Like 1

The entire "war on drugs" has been an abysmal failure and waste

More kids are killed in the US by guns than anything else.

The puritans in USA want nothing to do with gun regulation they want MORE guns

Of course the knee jerk reaction schools will be declared cannabis free zones they are already alcohol free and gun free right?

Of course kids will misbehave better off on the big picture for law enforcement to concentrate on other matters.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

The US had a "just say no to drugs" campaign in the 1980s, the pet project of the then First Lady.  A few years later a problem with teenage alcoholism cropped up: no one told the kids not to drink.  The whole effort fell on it's face by the 1990s when heroin became all the rage with the young rock musicians of that generation.

My son told me when he was older that the DARE officer at the high school sold pot to students he knew were pot smokers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Excel said:

Let's hope they have more luck with that then they did educating kids in the dangers of excessive alcohol.

I suspect that driving/riding are bigger killers here in Thailand.

I suggest that that should be the first priority for education.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I suspect that driving/riding are bigger killers here in Thailand.

I suggest that that should be the first priority for education.

Well yes they are slightly higher (4%) whereas alcohol   is (2%), both of which are way down the list as the main causes of death in Thailand (2021).  However my comment was concerning the banning of smoking cannabis in Thai schools versus drinking excessive alcohol,  both being classified as drugs.  Deaths due to poor driving is an entirely different cause. 

Leading Causes Of Death In Thailand

Rank Cause of Death % Of Total Deaths
1 Cancer 19%
2 Ischemic Heart Disease 12%
3 Stroke 10%
4 Lower Respiratory Infections 9%
5 HIV 4%
6 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 4%
7 Diabetes 4%
8 Road Injuries 4%
9 Chronic Kidney Disease 2%
10 Cirrhosis 2%

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/leading-causes-of-death-in-thailand.html#:~:text=Ischemic Heart Disease And Stroke,blood supply to the brain.

https://www.addictioncenter.com/community/is-alcohol-a-drug/#:~:text=Is Alcohol Classified As A,vital functions in the body.

https://www.poison.org/articles/marijuana#:~:text=Marijuana is the most common,impaired coordination%2C and impaired judgment.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:03 AM, Excel said:

Well yes they are slightly higher (4%) whereas alcohol   is (2%), both of which are way down the list as the main causes of death in Thailand (2021).  However my comment was concerning the banning of smoking cannabis in Thai schools versus drinking excessive alcohol,  both being classified as drugs.  Deaths due to poor driving is an entirely different cause. 

Leading Causes Of Death In Thailand

Rank Cause of Death % Of Total Deaths
1 Cancer 19%
2 Ischemic Heart Disease 12%
3 Stroke 10%
4 Lower Respiratory Infections 9%
5 HIV 4%
6 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 4%
7 Diabetes 4%
8 Road Injuries 4%
9 Chronic Kidney Disease 2%
10 Cirrhosis 2%

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/leading-causes-of-death-in-thailand.html#:~:text=Ischemic Heart Disease And Stroke,blood supply to the brain.

https://www.addictioncenter.com/community/is-alcohol-a-drug/#:~:text=Is Alcohol Classified As A,vital functions in the body.

https://www.poison.org/articles/marijuana#:~:text=Marijuana is the most common,impaired coordination%2C and impaired judgment.

Yes for adults these figure are correct but for smaller school children the number

one reason for dying is drowning,something that also is avoidable but not enough being done.

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Yes for adults these figure are correct but for smaller school children the number

one reason for dying is drowning,something that also is avoidable but not enough being done.

That is for all deaths so dont attempt to fiddle the figures because you are proven wrong. Keep to facts in future

22 minutes ago, Excel said:

That is for all deaths so dont attempt to fiddle the figures because you are proven wrong. Keep to facts in future

What?What are you on about?Who is attempting to fiddle the figures?

I have no idea why you are responding this way,please don't be sad but explain!

Edited by jvs
  • Sad 1