Thai PM to discuss guidelines to remove the mask mandate at Covid-19 Center general meeting this Friday

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Thairath

By Nop Meechukhun

National – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha will discuss the procedures to remove the mask mandate at the general meeting of the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) this Friday.

Government spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana revealed to the Associated Press today, June 15th, that the Prime Minister had ordered relevant agencies to study and analyze the situation of COVID-19 after relaxing several preventive measures according to the resolving situation.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/15/thai-pm-to-discuss-guidelines-to-remove-the-mask-mandate-at-covid-19-center-general-meeting-this-friday/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, stoner said:

people are still wearing a mask outside ?  

Some people are yes, often under the chin too.

I don't know why they are dragging their heels on this, but if you want to wander the street of Pattaya mask-less, it is not an issue. Carry one for the Mall.... need to get out of the heat.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 2

Just now, jacko45k said:

Some people are yes, often under the chin too.

I don't know why they re dragging their heels on this, but if you want to wander the street of Pattaya mask-less, it is not an issue. Carry one for the Mall.... need to get out of the heat.

i stopped wearing a mask outside here ages ago. never a single issue. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stoner said:

i stopped wearing a mask outside here ages ago. never a single issue. 

Yes many seem to be worried about the rule still being on the books, but there  have been zero people picked on over this. Even many locals are not bothering ,,,,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

It's like they're making a decision about 'assisted dying' rather than just allowing people outside in fresh air to go maskless

With the high levels of pollution in Bangkok it actually is more akin to assisted dying than enjoying fresh air????

• Like 1

In Malaysia and Singapore outside masks were removed two months ago but there does not appear to be any desire to go further and remove them indoors.

In Malaysia masks are worn outdoors by almost all of the Chinese community. Malays and Indians far less.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is getting to the point to utter stupidity, and a total lack of common sense. It is really just about keeping the people scared, at this time.

Common sense is not so common. 

I see no effort to keep the people 'scared'.... just a typical and usual Thai dragging of feet over getting things done.....

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

This is ONLY about fear, at this time. Nothing else. The number have dropped to the point where masking barely serves a function anymore. Without masks, people begin to feel normal again. 

What on earth are you on about? Mask wearing outside is getting pretty loose these days in Pattaya....I will likely have to start wearing one again on the bike as we get back to so called normal, the damned tourists return, traffic becomes heavy again. 

16 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

TP is a far greater topic.

How so? The masks effect 70 million Thai people living in the country. TP was removed for Thais so it only effect non Thais coming in, and according to many accounts here on AN it is a very easy procedure that takes a few minutes. Both those measures have no contribution to fighting COVID, yet the masks are the bigger issue

1 minute ago, LukKrueng said:

How so? The masks effect 70 million Thai people living in the country. TP was removed for Thais so it only effect non Thais coming in, and according to many accounts here on AN it is a very easy procedure that takes a few minutes. Both those measures have no contribution to fighting COVID, yet the masks are the bigger issue

That is your opinion no problem.  But there is a larger picture that is how I'm looking at it. Their economy is crushed now I'm sure someone would make a debate about that but many are out of jobs and suffering and I'm not hearing about it I'm here with boots on the ground.

I have nothing against the mask I wear it each day and will continue even if they removed it if other choice is the same you won't see me jumping in anyone face asking why?  I'm not jumping on the democracy stuff of choice I have enough sense based on the given situation here to know when and why I need to wear one. 

If you read you will find it isn't as easy as one makes it out to be applying for the TP, not everyone is techno enough plus you got the insurance unless one has their head in the sand knows it is nothing but a scam on the part of the controlling insurance interest.

If the government really believe in the mask then it should be a easy call and follow what they preach but that isn't the case the fact they want to study the problem now shows they don't have a clue. My thought as it has already proven the less restrictions the more people will arrive I have nothing against those not being vaccinated to have more restrictions but in the end Covid or new Covid is here to stay for sometime we need to learn how to live with it and have medical procedure setup to help everyone.

I say again open the country up learn to live with it all the talk now restriction I see here in Thailand aren't being enforced anyways blaming foreigners for the spread is nonsense since the facts have proven the outbreak of the Delta came from their own borders with the massive illegal migrants workers be brought in.

Now this is all my opinion agree or disagree but when it comes to the mask, it is a small thing open and live with it then worry about the mask!  You don't want to wear one then don't!