Are You Taking Vitamin D3?

Stubby

1 hour ago, proton said:

Campbell is NOT a medical Dr his Phd is in nursing education. I would not trust him on pharmaceutical advice, Sheryl is a better source of info!

True....but he is qualified and has been updating with supporting references and peers regularly since the Covid cat has been out of the bag. I would trust him as much as anyone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nauseus said:

True....but he is qualified and has been updating with supporting references and peers regularly since the Covid cat has been out of the bag. I would trust him as much as anyone.

He admits he was wrong about covid vaccinations, he's an old windbag addicted to you tube

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

And most nutrians hype up theoretical evidences before clinical studies have proved anything. 

"Dr" Campbell seems to be more on the fact side than other famous nutritians. So he is a god reference to check out compared to many others in my opinion

Sports doctors know best. They test stuff on the elite. Bodybuilders know a lot too.

Clinical trials are sometimes 5 years behind.

Play it safe anyway.

16 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Sports doctors know best. They test stuff on the elite. Bodybuilders know a lot too.

Clinical trials are sometimes 5 years behind.

Play it safe anyway.

Bodybuilders strenght is good genes, and willing to take the risk on high doses steroids, growth hormones, strict discipline and diets. When it comes to other supplies like vitamins and minerals, they know nothing more than anyone else, they just take what they believe will help and of course higher doses because of the mass and the hard training they do.

Many have damaged their kidneys, liver, hearth and  more

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Bodybuilders strenght is good genes, and willing to take the risk on high doses steroids, growth hormones, strict discipline and diets. When it comes to other supplies like vitamins and minerals, they know nothing more than anyone else, they just take what they believe will help and of course higher doses because of the mass and the hard training they do.

Many have damaged their kidneys, liver, hearth and  more

They try lots of things. Risky though.

Fat soluble vits stay in body for months. Take it easy.

Sorry I will hijack your nutrition debate and steer back to the purchasing topic for a moment.  

I cannot wait for 2+ week delivery from iHerb when I am in TH since I move around a lot.  I know I can get faster delivery on Lazada.  Any tips on distinguishing reputable sellers from fakes?  Is Lazada just a marketplace of 3rd party sellers, or can I order directly from Lazada itself, same like I prefer to order "sold by Amazon" from Amazon? 

Any advise on locally sold brands?  I remember seeing in Boots a couple of Thai brands (Mega, Vistra).  In the US I prefer brands that have independent testing by  labs to ensure the pills actually contain the ingredients and quantities stated on the label, since the supplements industry is not well regulated.  I assume it's even less regulated in Thailand.... Would it be naive to assume that if Boots sells it then the quality is guaranteed?  They also carry Blackmores from Australia... would it be naive to assume Australian brands are better regulated than Thai brands...?

1 hour ago, wn78 said:

Sorry I will hijack your nutrition debate and steer back to the purchasing topic for a moment.  

I cannot wait for 2+ week delivery from iHerb when I am in TH since I move around a lot.  I know I can get faster delivery on Lazada.  Any tips on distinguishing reputable sellers from fakes?  Is Lazada just a marketplace of 3rd party sellers, or can I order directly from Lazada itself, same like I prefer to order "sold by Amazon" from Amazon? 

Any advise on locally sold brands?  I remember seeing in Boots a couple of Thai brands (Mega, Vistra).  In the US I prefer brands that have independent testing by  labs to ensure the pills actually contain the ingredients and quantities stated on the label, since the supplements industry is not well regulated.  I assume it's even less regulated in Thailand.... Would it be naive to assume that if Boots sells it then the quality is guaranteed?  They also carry Blackmores from Australia... would it be naive to assume Australian brands are better regulated than Thai brands...?

Blackmores top brand. Oz highly regulated. Nanny state.

I buy swisse.

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

I actually came off D3 just now...had symptoms of overdose....bone pain etc...between sun and good D3 food I think that is enough here vs overcast northern hemisphere climes.

Interesting but in this hot climate I stay 100% in air conditioned rooms or areas which explains that many Thai people, except may-be the rice farmers, have low D3 levels.

How many IU or mcg of D3 did you take daily ?

45 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Interesting but in this hot climate I stay 100% in air conditioned rooms or areas which explains that many Thai people, except may-be the rice farmers, have low D3 levels.

How many IU or mcg of D3 did you take daily ?

5000IU plus a centrum pill that had "100% RDA Vit D" over a very long time 2 years plus..it was higher back last year...10,000IU in Europe.

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

5000IU plus a centrum pill that had "100% RDA Vit D" over a very long time 2 years plus..it was higher back last year...10,000IU in Europe.

Many doctors speaking on Youtube on this subject think that there should be no problem up to 50.000 IU of D3 a day but human beings are not computers and everybody is different. I play on the safe side with 2000 IU of D3 a day when I noticed that my blood analysis of 25(OH)D indicated 22 ng/DL - although in theory enough to avoid serious health problems - I decided to get this increased to more than 30 ng/DL (I combine D3 with 100mcg of Vit K2/MK4 to divert formation of calcium to the bones and not to the heart or the blood vessels)

Cleveland Clinic in the USA is a good source of information

vitamin-82307.pdf (clevelandcliniclabs.com)

Vitamin D Deficiency: Symptoms & Treatment (clevelandclinic.org)

No comment

A British man's overdose on vitamin D is a cautionary tale for people who are considering adding supplements to their lives, according to a paper published Tuesday in the journal BMJ Case Reports.

After a visit with a private nutritionist, the man began taking more than 20 over-the-counter supplements every day, including 50,000 international units (IU) of vitamin D three times a day. That's a dose hundreds of times higher than standard nutritional recommendations.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/05/health/vitamin-d-toxicity-wellness/index.html

On 6/17/2022 at 3:39 PM, Harveyg said:

Refreshing to see these two comments here.

The first comment is priceless. Do not rely on what somebody tells you and do not rely on Govt suggested protocols. Rely on what your body tells you through bloodwork.

I believe I Herb is located in San Diego and is of very good quality and ships to Thailand.

I get my vitamin C (in the form of ascorbic acid) there.

I get my Vitamin D from iherb also better prices and quality 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

No comment

A British man's overdose on vitamin D is a cautionary tale for people who are considering adding supplements to their lives, according to a paper published Tuesday in the journal BMJ Case Reports.

After a visit with a private nutritionist, the man began taking more than 20 over-the-counter supplements every day, including 50,000 international units (IU) of vitamin D three times a day. That's a dose hundreds of times higher than standard nutritional recommendations.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/05/health/vitamin-d-toxicity-wellness/index.html

100x is crazy

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 3:32 PM, Hummin said:

And most nutrians hype up theoretical evidences before clinical studies have proved anything. 

"Dr" Campbell seems to be more on the fact side than other famous nutritians. So he is a god reference to check out compared to many others in my opinion

"Dr" Campbell always uses plenty of references to clinical studies