Monks fighting at Big C over alms positions - "They are nothing better than devils" says abbot

webfact

6 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

And criminals too. Many from Burma with criminals records.

Burmese monks were a big problem in Thailand a few years ago.  They are coming here for the money. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, daveAustin said:

They are not real monks and/or forgot the basics.

If the news is to be believed, many (maybe most?) monks in Thailand are not real monks.

If feel sorry for Thai people, whose kindness seems to be so often abused.

Edited by BangkokReady

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

If the news is to be believed, many (maybe most?) monks in Thailand are not real monks.

If feel sorry for Thai people, whose kindness seems to be so often abused.

Many are hiding out from justice or responsibilities of family life also. Thais say monks should sit higher than you but as I always reply , we know what also stays on top.

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2022 at 3:28 AM, ezzra said:

Gone are the days where monks were ordained for the pure purposes of unselfishly serving Buddha and the community, nowadays its more like running a business and controlling spots and busy areas for maximum returns...

• Like 2

Monks fighting at Big C over alms positions -

"They are nothing better than devils" says abbot--- So what I am going to do is....

A/ Ban them from the Temple

B/ Strip them of the Saffron --Let all the local people know

C/ Absolutely nothing.....

I dont gamble...but if I did , I think I know which one I would put my house on..........:coffee1:

23 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

They should be removed from being a monk, obviously they are not fit to wear the robe

If all were removed who were not fit to wear the robes there would not be many left. Then rules forbid them from having money and a mobile phone is not on the list of permitted possessions!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

As you are an Atheist you don't believe in God, well Buddhism doesn't speculate on the existence of a God either

Someone with a lot more Buddhist knowledge than me would have to check this, but I read somewhere, that Buddha was asked whether there was a "God" or not and he said that he checked everywhere, high and low, and could find no evidence that there was a "God" that had created everything.  ????‍♂️