Biden falls off bike in Delaware, but is ‘fine’

onthedarkside

13 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Under Reagan the country wasn't on the verge of collapsing. Biden is objectively and unquestionably a terrible POTUS because 18 months in, his country is in ruins.

Short, flawed/biased memory to say the least...

"The early 1980s recession was a severe economic recession that affected much of the world between approximately the start of 1980 and early 1983.[1] It is widely considered to have been the most severe recession since World War II.[2][3] A key event leading to the recession was the 1979 energy crisis, mostly caused by the Iranian Revolution which caused a disruption to the global oil supply, which saw oil prices rising sharply in 1979 and early 1980.["

And

"The recession, which has been termed the "Reagan recession",[38][39][40] coupled with budget cuts, which were enacted in 1981 but began to take effect only in 1982, led many voters to believe that Reagan was insensitive to the needs of average citizens and favored the wealthy.[41][42][43] In January 1983, Reagan's popularity rating fell to 35%."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_1980s_recession#United_States

Sounds pretty familiar to the current circumstance, except the current causes  are COVID and Ukraine instead of Iran and Reaganomics.

And somehow, the U.S. survived that economic tumult, just as it will the current one -- at least unless the insurrectionists get their way.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Short memory to say the least...

"The early 1980s recession was a severe economic recession that affected much of the world between approximately the start of 1980 and early 1983.[1] It is widely considered to have been the most severe recession since World War II.[2][3] A key event leading to the recession was the 1979 energy crisis, mostly caused by the Iranian Revolution which caused a disruption to the global oil supply, which saw oil prices rising sharply in 1979 and early 1980.["

And

"The recession, which has been termed the "Reagan recession",[38][39][40] coupled with budget cuts, which were enacted in 1981 but began to take effect only in 1982, led many voters to believe that Reagan was insensitive to the needs of average citizens and favored the wealthy.[41][42][43] In January 1983, Reagan's popularity rating fell to 35%."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_1980s_recession#United_States

Sounds pretty familiar to the current circumstance, except the current causes  are COVID and Ukraine instead of Iran and Reaganomics.

And somehow, the U.S. survived that economic tumult, just as it will the current one -- at least unless the insurrectionists get their way.

1970s had stagflation. Twice as bad as now.

6 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

He isnt fit at all for his age. There are 78yos who walk 20km and deadlift 200kg.

Until age 63 I was trail running and cycling every day.

At 64 I was finished, there comes a time when your body fails you, no matter how fit you were.

For most people that time is well before age 40, hardly anyone makes that past 55.

A fall for someone over age 70 is dangerous as your bones become weaker.

As leader of the free world, Biden shouldn't be allowed to take such risks.

Cycling at his age is an indication of impaired judgement IMHO.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Until age 63 I was trail running and cycling every day.

At 64 I was finished, there comes a time when your body fails you, no matter how fit you were.

For most people that time is well before age 40, hardly anyone makes that past 55.

A fall for someone over age 70 is dangerous as your bones become weaker.

As leader of the free world, Biden shouldn't be allowed to take such risks.

Cycling at his age is an indication of impaired judgement IMHO.

I’m sorry to hear you had to give up cycling at such a young age.

I’m cycling to York Rally today, I expect to see hundreds of ‘senior’ cyclists out enjoying their favorite sport.

You’d be a braver man than I to tell any of them their judgement is impaired for doing so.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

10 hours ago, bbko said:

You prefer he golf like [Trump]?

President Donald Trump has spent 307 days, almost a full year, golfing during his presidency. The total is likely to be the most golf outings of any president in history.

At this point it seems like the term "whataboutism" has been repurposed as "Trumpaboutism".

There comes a point where you can no longer deflect any and all criticism of "your guy" by simply saying "What about Trump?".

The main problem is, it means little to actual voters and only really scores points with people who already hate conservatives simply because they're "the bad guys" and have never gotten over the fact that Trump was president.

It's funny, isn't it?  With Trump the first time, Hillary was the only person bad enough to get Trump elected, then, this time, Trump was the only person bad enough to get Biden elected.

It's very interesting watching the two waring wealthy elite factions vie to hoodwink a supposedly educated nation, and the resulting madness from both sides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's funny, isn't it?  With Trump the first time, Hillary was the only person bad enough to get Trump elected, then, this time, Trump was the only person bad enough to get Biden elected.

It's very interesting watching the two waring wealthy elite factions vie to hoodwink a supposedly educated nation, and the resulting madness from both sides.

No tell you’re funny.

The fluidity of your position on what we are debating.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

At this point it seems like the term "whataboutism" has been repurposed as "Trumpaboutism".

There comes a point where you can no longer deflect any and all criticism of "your guy" by simply saying "What about Trump?".

The main problem is, it means little to actual voters and only really scores points with people who already hate conservatives simply because they're "the bad guys" and have never gotten over the fact that Trump was president.

Pot, Kettle, Black.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

His right foot was caught in his toe clip and he took a fall, fairly well controlled.  I've did this several times when I was much younger and rode bikes.  Some have pointed out that he probably shouldn't have used toe clips for recreational riding, but there are good reasons for using them too.

It's not like he lost control of a moving bike on a curve or something similar.  Give the guy some slack here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Second term of office, here we come... ????

That would be the final straw for anyone still believing

in the election / appointment process.

"If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Well, Hillary lost but it cannot be said she was bad, as she at least won the popular vote. It has no impact on the final outcome, but gives a clear indication of the popularity of a candidate. Actually, Trump was quite angry about it.

16 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

He isnt fit at all for his age. There are 78yos who walk 20km and deadlift 200kg.

And there are many Americans who die of heart attacks and many other diseases and never even reach the age of 65.

He is fitter than I am and I am his age. That isn't saying much.

23 minutes ago, candide said:

Well, Hillary lost but it cannot be said she was bad

She had a very creepy and sinister air about her.  She also decided to alienate a lot of people in the way that she described anyone who might even consider voting for Trump.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

She had a very creepy and sinister air about her.  She also decided to alienate a lot of people in the way that she described anyone who might even consider voting for Trump.

Maybe. But she was not unpopular.

• Like 1